It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I see your point and you may be right. I still say it is a log. Seriously, if this is 26 years of searching, there is no Nessie, much to my dismay.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Hudson69
reply to post by loam

26 years for that lousy photo....what a waste of a life

If this was his passion and/or mission, I think it paid off handsomely and he must feel vindicated (even if it does turn out to be a floating log
)

After 26 years he probably got pissed off from waiting and so he flipped a boat upside down in the water, waited for it to sink a bit, and then took a picture of the hull before the boat finally submerged completely.

So you were right OP, the nessy hunter did in fact SNAP!!!!

The picture above has a similar ripple around the boat as the object 'nessy' on the left...just pointing out the facts.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added photos

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'm pretty sure it isn't a log. My only concern is the perspective. It looks more like a helicopter shot than a boat shot. The water appears like it may be out of scale. Could be coincidence or it could be much closer to the camera than he claims, and a carp.

The water directly around the animal appears disturbed, which leads me to believe it's a large animal, at a distance.

Could be 26 years of some guy playing with hoax attempts though.

It's an animal. The water around it is disturbed. Not a log, sorry.

If it is an inatimate object, it was recently moving.
edit on 3-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

And working in a random office is that much better?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

Spending 26 years around Inverness & the Loch taking people on boat tours and looking for Nessie is hardly a waste of a life. I spent a month at a B+B at Loch Ness and wish that I could retire there. Take the sleeper from London yourself and you'll take back your words.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All this stuff happens every few years or so.........

Great for the tourist trade.....

Millions of folks go to Loch Ness every year to try and catch a glimpse of the Loch Ness Monster, but all they ever get is a cold and a cup of tea and a scone..........at ridiculous prices I may add.....................

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Great for the tourist trade.....

I totally agree with you!

BTW, if there is a Nessy out there, the real evidence will be to see the entire creature or at least the head of the creature in HD...so far all attempts have been a hoax...

That said, I believe this picture/story belongs in HOAX HOAX HOAX!!!!
edit on 3-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wave action shows it's an unmoving object not a moving living thing.

Wait, I see a bunny in those clouds, there must be a bunny in the sky
edit on 3-8-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Again. You may be right. I still say it is a log. Sorry if this is too basic but the water pattern ripples could be from a log. Regardless, that pic is worse than some bigfoot pics I have seen claiming the stink ape or whatever that non-existent but I wished existed thing was.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Looks kinda like a sturgeon to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

at least there's a thread about him and he's not just commenting on some thread about somebody else on some website

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I personally wouldn't be satisfied with a photo of a sea creature like "Nessie" unless it shows a head, face, mouth, etc. Pictures like these can be explained by too many different things to be taken as evidence.

And hell, if I was searching for a creature for 26 years and I spotted it, I'd jump on top of the damn thing and never let go. Not just take a picture of it's back.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Ah, so if I spend 26 years waiting to take a pic of a lod floating around you'll give me props?

CJ

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Those creatures have supposedly been around for a long time. Nobody seems to have had one attack them so I doubt if they are dangerous to humans whatever they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Really. So much for the Spielberg version of dinosaurs. Who knew they prefer cuddling?

CJ

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This could be anything from a Land Locked Seal to a capsized canoe.
Long time to wait just for that. I am not saying nothing exists in the Lock but this photo proves nothing.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by loam

The problem I have with the picture is scale. It's very hard to make out the size of the object...but judging by how still the water looks, and the size of the ripples around it, I don't think it is the Loch Ness Monster. It's just doesn't seem to match the scale of what we would expect to see.

I know it's only a part of the object in the picture, but it just still doesn't seem big enough...What is shown doesn't seem to be very wide.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Unless it is a baby or a young one. I wish this was a better picture with the head out of the water. Who knows, maybe he will even be luckier next time he sees it, and gets even a better photo.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I said is in another crypto thread - I cannot believe in the day and age where my PHONE can capture 8mp images and HD video, that someone "dedicated" to catching Nessie on camera wouldn't have a decent bit of kit now that would capture both amazing quality stills and full HD video. A relative has got a camera that at 30x zoom would have got a good shot of this thing...and that isn't even an SLR camera!!!
Unacceptable, and let's be honest this could be anything again couldn't it.
Perhaps there is a solid reason why in 26 years of hunting this thing - the guy has not found anything?!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What i dont get is why its moving diagonal in the water. Its moving from left to right as you can see by the ripples as if its being dragged by something...

But thats just my eyes anyone else see what im seeing?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I doubt it is whales! Whales need to surface to breath and there would be a lot more sightings.

Now if I where living there a remote controlled simple sub would be a fascinating toy to um play with.

From what I have read the Loch is very deep. Anything could be down there!

P

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join