It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
So wait...26 years, runs tours, names his freaking boak Nessie....and there's "a photograph" to show for 10 minutes of watching this thing?!

Holy hell, in 26 years YOU'D THINK the guy would have mounted a couple of video cameras to his boat. If I was 26-years-Nessie-crazy, I'd have thermal, IR and nightvision video monitoring on my boat recording at all times!

Also would think 5-10 minuets he could have traveled toward it if it were a mile off.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I believe that the author of the «"Surgeon's" Photo», stated that the image was faked. I think that after that (even if false or due to external pressures), the image should be considered outside of being evidential or relevant to future investigations.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglet
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article says that the photos went to a US military monster expert for verification. Didn't know there was one of those.

What do you have to do to get that job???

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not really a comment,but a source of information.

This pic is resemblance of this,knowing that the lake is land locked and all.
I know,you don't have to say it.
It's not a whale.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nessie would have to be small as there isn't a whole lot in the loch for a monster to live off of. there wouldn't be enough fish.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Although a seal does swim on the surface sometimes, you usually only see a head. Swimming like this they are not as hunched above the surface as the picture he took.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Does anyone think that there is a perception of some height in that picture, we are definitely looking down at the waves on a subject that is barely moving water in a fairly tranquil body of water, and that it is supposed to be 'perhaps' a half-mile away. It seems to make a conflict of perspective versus the given tale.

PIctures of Nessie hunter IV,

www.lochness-cruises.com...

edit on 3-8-2012 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It is a log.

How this is any evidence after a 26 year wait is beyond me. There are better photos than this already in existence. I am seriously bummed out as Nessie is one of my favorite make believe monsters.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

That seriously looks like a Bowhead whale.

thread about bowhead whales

I believe these whales use the lochs as a nursery for their babies. It's the right size, shape, and color. We know very little about them. Their exceptional life spans would explain the lack of proof. They may not give birth very often, and would therefore not be in the loch.

I think Nessie legend will shortly become Nessie truth. In the form of a big honking bowhead whale in the most unlikely place.

FYI, Bowheads live their lives under ice mostly. If any of these lochs do have caverns to the ocean, a Bowhead might be the one animal to find them, and enjoy them.
edit on 3-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by smurfy

It is a log.

How this is any evidence after a 26 year wait is beyond me. There are better photos than this already in existence. I am seriously bummed out as Nessie is one of my favorite make believe monsters.

CJ

It actually looks more like a one dimensional cut out er um, cutting the water, Nessie IV is a fecking speedboat, HA was on the right track as to perspective.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Nessie IV - sweet band name potentially - and can you imagine after 26 years what a goob this person must feel like? That is it?

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

looks like a carp to me
sorry OP

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Adult Bowhead whale

pair of Bowheads at a distance

Bowhead at surface at complete rest

The angle is different but I think it looks similar. Possibly even a hoax picture of a known Bowhead whale.

edit on 3-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I went on vacation to Loch Ness when I was a kid. One day, as we were driving along a road next to the Loch I saw something large break the surface. I wound the window down and took some shots. When we got home and sent the film off to be developed it mysteriously got "lost". I never saw the photos. True story.

I'm not suggesting there's a conspiracy, BTW. But I'm still convinced I saw the monster.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

you could be on to it there

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

That is a possibilty if Bowheads could traverse the river Ness, and it also goes with the first sightings of Nessie being in the river Ness, but as you say they are big, very big, on the other hand they are not big feeders either.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It may just be me,but this just seems like a ploy to get more business. That photo proves absolutely nothing.It could be anything. Given what the guy does for a living I'm not surprised he's claiming it's Nessie.Wake up people.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The locals are in on it now? Sheesh - the dude eating a big bite hot dog baked out of his mind dropped your roll into the garbage can...and you probably saw my ex wifes mom...

CJ
edit on 3-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by smurfy

Nessie IV - sweet band name potentially - and can you imagine after 26 years what a goob this person must feel like? That is it?

CJ

I ain't gonna change the name of our band, but I do understand the need to drum up businessie.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If they are adult or baby Bowhead whales someone needs to figure that out. They're endangered and I would rather not have them in boat propelers. Although I'm not sure how much a boat in that river could do to a 60 foot whale. The whale might break the boat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join