It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda in Syria "Rebellion" and Warning of coming "Revolution" in Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Okay so reports of Al-Qaeda including themselves/possibly leading the FSA have been popping up for months now. While I have no new sources for ATS, I'd like to reference a couple of existing threads.

Reality Check: Is Al-Qaeda an Enemy or Not?

This thread was posted today by fellow member mike dangerously. It surprises me that it's gotten such little attention thus far. Ben Swann's been pushing the truth excellently with this segment, and points out the blatant hypocrisy of the current administration in aiding the "freedom fighters" when it's been reported multiple times that Al-Qaeda is very likely to have a major role in the current events.

One such report on the NYTimes website on 7/24/12 led to another thread here by daaskapital. They describe a recent video from the "Free Syrian Army" depicting two Al-Qaeda flags clearly hanging in the background. Now whether you believe the Al-Qaeda was created and is ran by the CIA, or even just go along with the obvious contradiction in reported events (America likely aiding terrorists), there's quote in this report that I personally found perplexing and a little disturbing which I think should be pointed out...

One Qaeda operative, a 56-year-old known as Abu Thuha who lives in the Hawija district near Kirkuk in Iraq, spoke to an Iraqi reporter for The New York Times on Tuesday. “We have experience now fighting the Americans, and more experience now with the Syrian revolution,” he said. “Our big hope is to form a Syrian-Iraqi Islamic state for all Muslims, and then announce our war against Iran and Israel, and free Palestine.”

Now it looks like typical Al-Qaeda rhetoric at first glance, but... wait- announce their war with Iran?! I'm extremely confused as to why Al-Qaeda would want to wage war on an Islamic country that is currently under pressure of sanctions by the Western countries and threatened with war by Israel! Something seems majorly off with that thought.

Anyone care to offer up a possible explanation? Do you think they're mad about Iran's large Jewish population? Or are they warning of an ensuing coup d'etat by Western intelligence agencies? Misquote?
edit on 3-8-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
AQ are paid mercenaries, or a terrorist group that definitely works for the folk who own the big businesses.

It's conceivable that they think they are doing good somewhere along the line, but their ultimate masters are the same people who own us.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They are forming a Caliphate. From the Atlantic to the Indian Border. When they are done, the world will have a new Superpower to deal with and it should be very wild to see the individuals who make this new power up, behaving like children in a tantrum in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

The world hasn't seen their Caliphate in a long time and I'm thinking we'll wish that had been MUCH longer by the time we get a good sustained view of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I follow, So would that be a Sunni vs. Shia dispute or what?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They are forming a Caliphate. From the Atlantic to the Indian Border. When they are done, the world will have a new Superpower to deal with and it should be very wild to see the individuals who make this new power up, behaving like children in a tantrum in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

The world hasn't seen their Caliphate in a long time and I'm thinking we'll wish that had been MUCH longer by the time we get a good sustained view of it.

The whole Muslim Brotherhood movement scares me a little bit.. it is a big movement that isn't going to slow anytime soon and the ramifications are potentially huge..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There`s more to this than meets the eye , Al-Qaeda dont show up to crash parties.
edit on 3-8-2012 by FreeEnglishArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
1. Al Queda is long dead.

It is now only a mythical organisation made up of animals whom have little or Phds in specific areas entirely out of civilisational progress. Majority of them have no or little opportunities in life, and see the camaraderie of like-minded fools engaging in nomadic lifestyles as romantic and idyllic, even if it means killing others and themselves to achieve such aims.

They have no real solutions to the issues of life, except mis-interpretating a peaceful religion, of a romantic era - the very same religion that was meant to progress a People from the barbaric lifestyle of the 7th century, to fulfil mankind's destiny of evolution - to the stars.

The 'al queda' of today, are nothing more than opportunist brigands of our ancient past, the every people that the good prophet Muhammad had sought to enlighten and eradicate, so that all Arabs may live in peace and enjoy the full potential of the gift of life, similar aims with all humanity - without excesses, but socially responsible instead of wild self indulgent vices.

2. Syria's Free Syrian Army are largely made up of the Free Syrian People, the civilians - shopkeeper, merchant, fruit stall owner, dye-maker, sunni, shia, christians, etc, whom had witnessed the torture, brutality and slaughter of their loved ones by the HumanSlayer Assad, and had now realized what fools they had been to trust in him, whom had cared not for anyone except for his 'illustrious' ancestorship of mass murdering to keep his rule.

The extremist, or rather, crazed mind warped elements, forms only a small percentage amongst the FSA and even amongst the foreign groups sacrificing their lives for fellow humans, not just Syria, such as the Libyans, Turks, etc.

3. For such extremists who do not earn a honest day's wage, where do their funding for daily expenses, let alone weapons, come from? Majority of Islamic Nations have no truck with extremists, simply because they see them as destabilizers of nations.

Look towards Shia Persia, the long hated foe of Sunnis. They had been rich from their reserves of oil and gas. They need simple minded fools as pawns to keep the attention focus elsewhere and not upon the Shia, espacially upon the deluded 'spiritual leader', - the very kind that the good prophet warned in the Koran. True muslims believed and trusted in prophet Muhammad, for it was him that taught and enlightened the arabs, and he warned his followers that he was the last prophet - messenger of Allah. There is no one else, only liars abound whom will lead arabs astray.

The persian apostate leader need pawns to destabalize the other arab sunni nations. Extremists, whom are and will be treated as dirtbags anyway, to be discarded anytime, fulfills the pawn vocation readily...and cheaply.

So why would these extremist vow to hit Iran?
1. A ploy to deflect suspicion on Iran leader's usual and often varied duplicities?
2. Perhaps they woke up and realized they had been used?

Whatever it is, allow the Rule of Law to take place, or international rule of law and human rights to adjudicate any trangression made. It is all mankind have, to hope for civilisational progress and evolution.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The whole Muslim Brotherhood movement scares me a little bit.. it is a big movement that isn't going to slow anytime soon and the ramifications are potentially huge..

if it gets too powerful then we the people of the free world would be obligated to sabotage it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
AQ are paid mercenaries, or a terrorist group that definitely works for the folk who own the big businesses.
It's conceivable that they think they are doing good somewhere along the line, bt their ultimate masters are the same people who own us.
AQ wouldn't succeed without the weapons either
There are only finite countries that keep them well supplied. I also heard that AQ opened a office in Iran on ATS sometime last week

edit on 3-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

The Muslim Brotherhood IS NOT the mythical Al Queda. They may share the same faith, but of vast interpretations.

Extremisim exists often everywhere, not just in Islam, but Christianity as well. Look at Westboro Church, Mississippi fellowships and in our recent past - the repressive Catholic Church.

The best way find out if any political or theological doctrine is good for mankind, is to prove itself, to let it rule the nation. Religion alone, is not going to solve the complex problems of growing populations and needs. It is only the guide to better and responsible moral behavior for a society to thrive.

There are other aspects and attributes of civilisation necessary such as economics, administration, civil justice, etc, and it takes the truly enlightened few, not the corrupt or the piously hypocrites, to figure the way, not just one man's perceptions alone.

Within time, mankind will know how good or bad that doctrine had been, and change will come, either by the vote, or by fist. Time and time again, this had been proven by our civilisation's progress and evolution.

edit on 3-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I follow, So would that be a Sunni vs. Shia dispute or what?

The Sunni vs. Shia dispute ends when Iran falls. They are the last place and homeland for the Shia people on earth. It's tragically ironic, but we're helping the Sunni create a new Palestinian type class in the long term, while telling each other we're supposedly helping the Palestinians.

Heck.. This whole Caliphate is just restoring what the Islamic world has had in the past and made no particular secret of wanting in the future.

I think the U.S.'s position needs to be a few thousand miles AWAY and watching as very interested parties to how this all shakes out. It's their region, their world. Let them sort it out....but damn sure, let's NOT pick sides like we are with the Sunni vs. Shia crap. This is ugly. Real ugly and something the Media barely mentions or almost ridicules when it does get mentioned in the West.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My guess is the deal Hillary made was to assist MB/AQ in deposing the Cold War type ME dictators, giving them a shot at leading a responsible region, w/o being in confrontation with The West. It's a good deal for everyone.

When AQ was first mentioned in Lybia, I chuckled to myself that it would be super-easy for the Western Allies to prune the unfriendly elements from the battlefield. On Warthog could eliminate a whole brigade of unfriendlies. They just were "gone".

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
this was all contested land during the cold war for various bases and such, its basicly the same but instead of war from the outside its coming from within, then the UN cry comes out land taken with troops on peace mission, dont forget china and russia veto actions on syria. its the west usin AQ as a ploy to get it rollin and then usin said suppose enemy to help us

edit on 4-8-2012 by madmartinez because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

join