It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live on the East coast of Scotland and regularly star gaze (weather permitting!). Around 3.00 am today, Friday 3rd August my wife and I observed a number of wierd lights. Two were particularly large and very bright with another two smaller ones on either side. At that time they were all within a 10 to 30 degree angle off the eastern horizon.
When observed through binoculars, the two large ones were seen to consist of a small sphere of very bright white light surrounded by a ring of dark blue or black colour. They were taller than they were wide if that makes sense. As the sun rose further the two large objects were seen to keep their shape but change colour slightly to light orange still very bright, almost painful to the eyes. With each passing minute it definately looked as though they had tails like a comet. I would be willing to wager a years salary and say that all four objects were definately not stars. Especially the larger two which were bigger than any object I have ever seen and brighter than any star or other object in the night sky. If anyone can shed any light (pardon the pun) on this I would be very interested in your opinion. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 1mabeliever

not saying you are lying buddy but surely yourself or your wife would have a mobile phone or camera to hand....

i regularly stargaze and i always make sure have a camera or phone with me.

such a shame. would have liked to have seen footage of what you saw

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this, because late last night there was at least 4 jets circling my town and then headed out over the North Sea. This is very unusual for where I live, the only air traffic we get is from the odd passenger plane.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1mabeliever
Around 3.00 am today,
At that time they were all within a 10 to 30 degree angle off the eastern horizon.

At that time, in that direction, would have been Venus, Jupiter, Sirus and a few other bright stars such as Rigel and Aldebaran.

Now of course you can say your objects were NOT stars and planets, but then you'd have to explain why you didnt see the objects I just mentioned.
Venus and Jupiter in particular. They were there where you were looking, why didnt you see them?
Or if you did, then where in relation to those planets, were the "wierd lights"?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Forgot to say that it was quite cloudy where I live, so couldn't see any stars.

top topics

join