It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who believe in UFOs, Think we have been visited by UFOs or are being observed by UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
reply to post by nerbot

although an undersea school would be cool....it doesn't inspire.

Tell that to Jules Verne, Jaques Cousteau, Steve Irwin, treasure hunters, marine biologists, geoligists, oceanographers, submersible designers and pilots, divers, aquariophiles and all those who love the sea. It's real, here, and now, can be reached humongously more easily than space, has so much yet to reveal. We have literally just scratched the surface....of our own anscestoral home!

I wish more people would look nearer to home for inspiration that has a realistic rate of satisfaction, sometimes lots of small things can far ourweigh some of the big things. A lot of Science Fiction has distracted people from the true wonders right on our own doorstep and has bred complacency with seeking answers to the mysteries of that wriggly thing we call "life".

If we want to explore and learn, why is it that we don't investigate a source we CAN verify as a step on the right path and with untold information? But no, it seems natural for humans to be stupid and look into vacant voids from a ball of dirt with nothing to verify close at hand (a few out of focus bugs don't count) and wishing there was a connection to something or somewhere more.

If I won the euromillions quadruple rollover I would start a company offering free flights to space for any human who wished to explore.

One way.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I see it like this though. There are 311 million people in the US, and 750 million in Europe. What about Russia, China and Japan. Imagine the power of a 1 dollar average donation.or a 5 dollar donation.
No ones taxes go up, no one is left any poorer for their generosity. We just pitched in and payed for it ourselves

You do realise that in many areas of India, Afghanistan, China, Syria, Egypt, Africa, and

numerous other areas through out this world 5 dollars is a weeks/months wages for many

famlies? There are many needy people in other parts of the world too due to the high

unemployment, VERY high in places like Greece, Spain, Italy etc.

I think we need to put our resources behind the 'world we are living in' and 'get it up to speed'

BEFORE looking further afield!

And just for your information a 'sticking plaster baby' never saved a bad marriage.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

I can think of a better way to physically express our love and dedication.
Clean up Earth, replant seedlings, have compassion for the creatures living on Earth and leave our moon and other planets and their moons alone.

We cant look after this tiny lovely planet, We should not be allowed to explore and move on until we can.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by sirnukeem

but its for future generations to LOOK UP to, not for the adults of EA*RTH necessarily.
edit on 8/3/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Yeah "when I grow up I'm gonna work on the moon, work my way up to middle management"

nothing but rocks all rocks,,,forget it
edit on 3-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You know, and this is my opinion, when the government releases reports that states we do not have enough young people going into math and science, This tell me that it is already a problem, Our government does not notice anything preemptively, They tend to wait until after the after the issue becomes a problem and then tax us as a way to fix it. Import jobs to fill vacancies
We as parents need to give out children a reason to fix this problem......There is no high school kid who looked at that report and said." Holy crap I need to go into Physics" . Kids don't work that way. But give them even the slightest odds at going to a lunar school and our kids will surprise us all. Don't believe me just look at American Idol, or Britons Got Talent.

I already know there is a percentage of people who would be against putting a fire hydrant on their street,

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Schools are important.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You know, and this is my opinion, when the government releases reports that states we do not have enough young people going into math and science, This tell me that it is already a problem, Our government does not notice anything preemptively, They tend to wait until after the after the issue becomes a problem and then tax us as a way to fix it. Import jobs to fill vacancies
We as parents need to give out children a reason to fix this problem......There is no high school kid who looked at that report and said." Holy crap I need to go into Physics" . Kids don't work that way. But give them even the slightest odds at going to a lunar school and our kids will surprise us all. Don't believe me just look at American Idol, or Britons Got Talent.

I already know there is a percentage of people who would be against putting a fire hydrant on their street,

Why? Because there is no money or job stability in science, that's why most American kids won't go into the natural sciences unless they really, really enjoy it. For example, I recently caught up with a first year instructor of mine who finished his PhD in physics. Not only does he have to compete with foreigners who have flooded the market with H1'b's, but he barely earns 35K/year in a post-doctoral position and knows that he won't be getting a professorship anytime soon and is planning to leave science all together. And no, his experience is very typical of science PhD's and not a very rare incident.

What kid in their right mind wants to study arguably the most difficult fields in college and spending up to possibly 10 years after graduating high school only to graduate with slightly better job prospects than a recent high school graduate? Very few will. That's why you have the numbers that you do. IMO, we don't need more scientists, we have enough already who are working in other fields. Just stop the influx of these cheap foreign researchers and we will have solved the "science shortage", which doesn't really exist in the first place and is pushed by special interests groups that are funded by universities so they can increase the number of H1-B visas.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This other life or beings or any time travel or mind game for a UFO is a lie.
A lie from most likely the oil companies to hide the only visible proof they
are hiding Tesla's aircraft and the rest of his work as we already know.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why not commercially mine the Moon and let them build the first habitats to include schools and medical facilities to name a few. There are rare Earth elements on the Moon as described in this article.

Is Mining Rare Minerals on the Moon Vital to National Security? www.space.com...

Let them build and reap their own rewards from materials returned to the Earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join