It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who believe in UFOs, Think we have been visited by UFOs or are being observed by UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I do not know what to believe although I to often wonder, One thing I conclude is that those who do believe in or think that the chances are high that life exists. You above all people should be able to understand the bad message it sends if our first lunar outpost is anything but a place of learning.I surely don't want a strip mine or worse to be the first thing, If they are indeed watching us, I am all but certain they are hoping we show real signs of progress and what better way to express that than a school.

What say you? Would you donate $5 a year to pay for the delivery of modules and fund the daily operation of the first lunar university? So these kids could return to earth realizing we are just a little blue planet and really start spreading the word. So these kids could learn to create things never possible on earth I did the math and let me assure you that as a world of people we could easily build that school house. And as people we would make sure our kids up there were taken care of. All our kids would strive to get a chance to go there, and study hard.
If the legacy our generation left behind is that any father, anywhere in the world could point a telescope at the moon and show his kid the lights of a school. I think I would be able to die satisfied knowing we set the bar for them

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You want to build a school.. on the moon?
There are people on this planet starving to death and you want people to spend $5 each on your dream bachelors pad?

Nice idea but no thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
There are people on this planet starving to death and you want people to spend $5 each on your dream bachelors pad?

Nice idea but no thanks.

I'm riding in the same bus with this guy ^ ^ ^

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Meh I do not think it will go well with the public.
We have to many people and donkeys to care about on this earth.

When the public hear that money is involve. They try to avoid it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123

What say you? Would you donate $5 a year to pay for the delivery of modules and fund the daily operation of the first lunar university? So these kids could return to earth realizing we are just a little blue planet and really start spreading the word. So these kids could learn to create things never possible on earth I did the math and let me assure you that as a world of people we could easily build that school house. And as people we would make sure our kids up there were taken care of. All our kids would strive to get a chance to go there, and study hard.
If the legacy our generation left behind is that any father, anywhere in the world could point a telescope at the moon and show his kid the lights of a school. I think I would be able to die satisfied knowing we set the bar for them

GOOD IDEA
I would donate 5 a month if not more. I like the idea if they ARE observing whats a better sign of species progression industrializing the moon or placing a learning center there.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Minus the money issue its a good idea. Also everyone knows it really doesnt matter where the tax money is SAID to go, because its GOING TO GO where its planned or wanted to anyway.
edit on 8/3/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sure it would be cool to live on a moon colony.. The expense would be enormous. I don't want to pay for anyone to live
on the moon if I never have a chance to do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

but its for future generations to LOOK UP to, not for the adults of EA*RTH necessarily.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just noticed that the only time we ever actually got along and the world was kinda united was when Armstrong did his thing, All over the world, they watched and just proud to be human, Out of all the things ever tried the one example we have ever seen that did the trick is that short time in 1968. We can reignite that feeling, the world already showed us what it takes, We can reignite it and instead of letting it go out, allow it to continue, Soon after that many things here would start to work themselves out here at home.

Kinda like when married couples start talking about divorce and then a baby comes along. Saves many a marriage,
Speaking collectively we need our baby to take care of

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea if it was mutually funded by all countries and if a country couldn't contribute money they could contribute teachers and scientists .

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I think it's a good idea if it was mutually funded by all countries and if a country couldn't contribute money they could contribute teachers and scientists .

good idea as well

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I see it like this though. There are 311 million people in the US, and 750 million in Europe. What about Russia, China and Japan. Imagine the power of a 1 dollar average donation.or a 5 dollar donation.
No ones taxes go up, no one is left any poorer for their generosity. We just pitched in and payed for it ourselves

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

No Rick, we don't want any countries taint on it......People need to do it not governments,
It would do us all a lot of good to accomplish something together despite what the leaders keep telling us about how we feel about each other

edit on 3-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

I think its a GREAT idea! Very inspirational to a new (and future) generation. Kind of like the space program back in the 60s along with Start Trek. A lot of kids were inspired to be scientists and engineers. A school on the moon, would certainly inspire me. Then we could look more seriously at a colony on the Moon then Mars. We all know that it will happen some day, as long as we don't destroy our selves first. This would be a good way to start leaving the womb of mother Earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They COULD just use PREEXISTING buildings already there
that will save some$$$$

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Where I lose people usually is my belief we can do it now.
Someone who understands how charities operate could collect donations. Businesses like spaceX could bid on delivery of modules. Universities could compete at designing their living quarters, their classrooms and their science labs.
A School could be in place within 10 years In another 10 years the school would have spidered across the moonscape housing astronomy, and many other sciences.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sure, there are people on this planet starving to death. But if we did send $5 to their cause they would never see a cent of it because TPTB would use it for their own means.

What the hell!! Take my money and send Johnny and Sally to the moon, sign me up, I'm on board.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by TechUnique

Nice idea but no thanks.

I'm riding in the same bus with this guy ^ ^ ^

Des

And I'm sitting on the rear fender because I'm skint!

Juvenile idea imo and can't take sensibly, and even if it WAS built on the moon, do you think they would let anyone but rich and elite go there?

How about we put space on the back boiler and explore the secret world that is here and now? The Oceans. A place that just about everyone can get to without billions of (other peoples) investment.

ps...the moon would be a boring place to have a school in comparison with an undersea school wouldn't you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

although an undersea school would be cool....it doesn't inspire.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

You're right ! What I meant though was it should be a global effort not just people from one or two countries ! It would be a good way to unite everyone together to share ideas !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join