It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new hero! (Vermont resident uses tractor to flatten police vehicles)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The tax payers pay the price when rodney king sues them, but in that situation most people scream sue their asses off. There is no difference, everything that happens hurts the tax payer.

I say screw it, let's light this mother and watch it burn. Better by our own hands than the criminal .govs

That's just my opinion though, I don't expect others to agree.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I keep noticing people talking about the taxpayers paying money to replace this equipment and though; I know the people saying it are right, it does beg a question; where the hell is all the money going from asset forfeiture seizure laws?

All the time "criminals" private property is being seized and there are auctions at least one to two times a year. And though most of the stuff at auction is sold for far less then value, the governments pay no money for the seized goods, so it's all profit, so where is that money going? Apparently not into the police departments for new and better equipment, nor going to help run any aspect of local government or law enforcement. In fact the city governments usually keep coming around raising property taxes and spinning a sob story about failing equipment and etc. Hmmm where is all that money going? Must be disappearing into the politicians pockets and retirement plans.

I say the taxpayers should stop acting like rubes and tell the politicians to use the money from asset forfeit seizure laws to replace the vehicles and equipment. I mean surely they have busted enough "drug dealers" and stolen enough property and auctioned it off, that if the money was actually used on the police department and equipment they would probably be self sufficient by now.

Personally I am against the idiotic drug war and allowing governments to seize peoples property for financial gain, but if we have such laws on the books, I do believe every dime they make should be going towards the police department, fire department and EMS and thereby easing taxpayers burdens.The fact that it doesn't just shows how big of rubes the American citizens are.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Please tell me you aren't serious.... this is your hero?

I don't care if they are getting new cars tomorrow and the old ones are up for auction, destroying government property (or anyone else's for that matter) is detestable..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
for anyone that supports this ....let's just hope you never have to call 911

Or breed, or vote, or make food.

The list could go on but you get the point.

Raist

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I don't care if they are getting new cars tomorrow and the old ones are up for auction, destroying government property (or anyone else's for that matter) is detestable..

But it is less detestable to threaten people with violence over what type of harmless flower they like to medicate with?
(also destroying property associated with the flower)

If people don't protest nothing ever changes. Don't worry that the drug war costs taxpayers a lot more money every day than this man ever could.
edit on 3-8-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

So you don't thin the police serve an important function? They do it is just that most departments are underfunded and they are taking on an almost impossible task. To completely prevent crime you would need to have an officer positioned every 50 feet. Which I am sure most on here would be absolutely against.

He pretty much disabled a county's entire police force. If someone needed help that day there is no way the police would have been able to respond. If any other crimes occur before the cars are replaced this man should be charged as an accessory...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug
reply to post by vkey08

But it is less detestable to threaten people with violence over what type of harmless flower they like to medicate with?
(also destroying property associated with the flower)

If people don't protest nothing ever changes. Don't worry that the drug war costs taxpayers a lot more money every day than this man ever could.
edit on 3-8-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

Fighting an illegal act with another illegal act is not the way to go, protesting is one thing, destruction of property is another (and I was very careful to note ANYONE'S property in my comment)

Ever hear the old saying two wrong's don't make a right?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hero- no.

Idiot- yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join