My new hero! (Vermont resident uses tractor to flatten police vehicles)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
usnews.nbcnews.com...

So it's been a while folks, But in Lew of what i read from this article. I was simply over joyed to read this. Not only is it funny, but i believe we as a country will start seeing more of this behavior which i fully support.

So i thought i would break my personal ban on ATS to post this wonderful news so you can have a laugh too. Good day

Haites

Demian Warner / The Newport Daily Express Police say a man drove a tractor over eight police vehicles Thursday. The damage is estimated to be about $250,000. By Andrew Mach, NBC News A man driving a farm tractor ran over eight vehicles in the parking lot of a Vermont police station in an apparent revenge scheme, according to local reports. Follow @NBCNewsUS Police said Roger Pion, 34, of Newport, Vt., flattened seven marked police cruisers and one unmarked personal vehicle at the Orleans County Sheriff’s Department in Derby, Vt., around 12:40 p.m. Thursday.

“We came out and sure enough there was someone who had run over our cruisers with a tractor,” Chief Dep. Philip Brooks of the Orleans County Sheriff’s Dept. told WCAX. Advertise | AdChoices Not only were their roofs and hoods caved in, but “the radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars … We’re going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns,” Sheriff Kirk Martin told the Associated Press. With the vehicles crushed, police had no way to pursue Pion after he drove off in the tractor. Demian Warner / The Newport Daily Express Police say Roger Pion took out more than half of the sheriff department's fleet -- some of its newest vehicles were only four months old. “It felt like I was in a Monster Jam rally or something,” witness Rene Morris told WCAX. “I just couldn’t believe it. He’s backing up, going over it, turns around, makes his way to the other vehicles smashes those up, did his business and headed right down Route 5.” Stay informed with the latest headlines; sign up for our newsletter Police eventually caught up with Pion a mile and a half from the police station and arrested him. The motive is still under investigation, but witnesses believe Pion was angry about his recent arrest for marijuana possession and resisting arrest. Stephanie Dasaro / Vermont State Police Police arrested Roger Pion of Newport, V.T., after the tractor incident. He also was arrested recently for marijuana possession and resisting arrest. The damage is estimated to be about $250,000, according to police. No one was injured. At least two deputies had gone inside a few moments before after washing their vehicles, officers said. Brooks said the destroyed vehicles constituted more than half of the fleet of sheriff’s cruisers in the rural county on the Canadian border. The others were out on patrol. Since the incident, neighboring counties have offered their help.

“We have other county sheriff’s departments who are offering cruisers to us,” Brooks said. “We’ve already had one county that’s dropped one off to us and we’ve got two others that are on the way.” It’s not known where Pion got the tractor but police said he comes from a farm family. Demian Warne / The Newport Daily Express Police don't know where Pion got the tractor from but say he comes from a farm family. Pion was held at the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport in lieu of $15,000 bail. He is expected to appear in Orleans County Criminal Court Friday to answer to seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Haites because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

So he just cost the taxpayers of that county a ton of money...and he is your hero???

This doesn't hurt the police...it hurts the community.
edit on 3-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Haites

So he just cost the taxpayers of that county a ton of money...and he is your hero???

typical response... do you not think the actions have any psychological effects on awareness and social proof?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In a rare moment of clarity I agree with OKS.

The taxpayers paid that money, this guy needs to be caught, arrested, and all his property and assets liquidated to absorb this cost.

link   
Double post

link   

reply to post by Haites

[/quote

Sorry just don't agree with your OP, but that's ok government wastes trillions of your taxpayer $$$$$$$$ on just about everything they can think of ( vacations, renting of personal jets, flying their staff and family everywhere on your dime, outrages equipment for the local P.D.)

So if they need to buy new vehicles so be it, at least its going to be something they need and not actually wasted on crap.

If i had they money to buy them a new fleet i would just so i can watch him released from jail to do it again!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Not only is it funny, but i believe we as a country will start seeing more of this behavior which i fully support.

That's real smart. Let's encourage destruction and vandalism. People like you are part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JELLYWAX

reply to post by Haites

typical response... do you not think the actions have any psychological effects on awareness and social proof?

The response was a logical one though...OKS is right. The man didn't do anything heroic.

I'm sure there are better ways of making a point that don't cost your neighbours money. Cities are going broke all over the country and now this one just has to buy 4 new squad cars. The police commissioner doesn't write a personal check for those cars...
edit on 3-8-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036

Not only is it funny, but i believe we as a country will start seeing more of this behavior which i fully support.

That's real smart. Let's encourage destruction and vandalism. People like you are part of the problem.

I do encourage destruction and vandalism, so do you by actually paying your coveted taxes. Where they automatically go into the war machine to fund those wars everyone loves to participate in!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

I would love to see some footage of this incident.

I checked YouTube and there does not appear to any yet

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For only 34 that guy looks awful!
It took me til almost 50 to look that bad

Story almost seems like a movie script, think Smokey and the Bandit style.
I have to agree he only hurt his taxpaying neighbors and he should pay for the replacements for his mischief.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Derp.. I gots me a traktor!

Good thing no one needed urgent police attention that day, they'd have no way to get there. But ol' moe here looks like he doesn't care about that!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haites

Originally posted by Vinny5036

I do encourage destruction and vandalism, so do you by actually paying your coveted taxes. Where they automatically go into the war machine to fund those wars everyone loves to participate in!!!

You're an idiot. I'm out.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Vinny5036 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

I dont see how violent property destruction and pointless waste of taxpayer money is a good thing. I dont see why this man is your hero. Afterall, you do realize that this man was so stupid that he thought he was punishing the police, while actually costing taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars?

What, did he think the cops pay for their own cars?

No, this moron couldnt even think logically about what he was doing, and only punished the civilians of this country. And for what? Because he was mad that he got arrested for breaking the law.

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah. While mildly amusing.
This guy just cost tax payers a whole lot of money.

He could of come up with better ways of revenge.
Like video taping cops breaking the law, running red lights or disobeying traffic laws or something else.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
For only 34 that guy looks awful!
It took me til almost 50 to look that bad

Story almost seems like a movie script, think Smokey and the Bandit style.
I have to agree he only hurt his taxpaying neighbors and he should pay for the replacements for his mischief.

METH.

That's my guess.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the guy was crazy, stupid or on drugs, I would bet a mixture of all three. Thats some hero you have there.

link   
Don't be part of an anti be part of a pro or nothing will ever change. Not anti-war but pro-peace. This guy is an anarchist these are the people that ruin it for real activist because then everyone gets lumped into the anarchy group when they are actually pro-peace not pro-destruction.

link   
Haites do you understand the difference between federal, state, and local governments, and their taxes? More importantly do you understand what they pay for?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Vermont Police are going to get a bunch of new cars and a bunch of money to replace their radios (probably could be salvaged) Heck they might even use this as an excuse to upgrade their department radio system! Not to mention they are going to need to build a more secure parking area so this doesn’t happen again. Lol they'll probably replace their district station do to this attack. In short this will cost the tax payers at least 2 million by the time its all said and done. I work in government and seen this too many times. The police will use this to get all those toys they wanted but couldn't afford. They will benefit from this for a long time. So you cop haters who think this guy accomplished something it really did the opposite. Vermont Police would like to Thank this nut job and it's tax payers.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Jake321 because: reword a sentance for better flow

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join