It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Creates 163,000 New Jobs but Rate Rises to 8.3%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

will we ever know for sure .....or ......will we find out the truth the hard way here real soon?

yeah, whats in your wallet?
bunch of Rio Grande sand could be in mine if things dont change.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by xuenchen

The "Real" rate (U6) is at 15%.

do you think it is that low. I have done the simple math on other threads here on ATS I always come out 1/2 of the working class has been laid off or retired since 2006.
no yoke!!!
catch my pun?
yet the legal and illegal immigrants flood the jobs market....maybe this is the source of the new jobs numbers
edit on 4-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

I agree

My general "rule of thumb" is usually to simply double the "official" BLS numbers.

We need to remember that the entire BLS unemployment statistics are based solely on telephone surveys.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Blame Bush.

Its the "in" thing to do, circa 2006

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sad thing is it still works on some people.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Easy... Remember those 800,000 illegals Obama pardoned? Do the math.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Our UE rate is based off 60,000 phone calls made each month and only account for those that are unemployed, claimant benefits and actively seeking employment. This is at 8.3%

This number does not include those that are
underemployed
unemployed and were never eligible to receive benefits in the first place
or still unemployed and ran out of benefits because they had been on them so long and still no job. The rate is closer to 22%

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Like we're really supposed to believe that 163,000 jobs were created in July when the same report shows that they just revised June's numbers down from 80,000 to 64,000.

Someone needs to be pointing out that we've lost an average of 141,904 jobs every month for the last 30 months!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Like we're really supposed to believe that 163,000 jobs were created in July when the same report shows that they just revised June's numbers down from 80,000 to 64,000.

Someone needs to be pointing out that we've lost an average of 141,904 jobs every month for the last 30 months!

Yes, they are cooking the books to help Obama.

Numbers are always revised.

----------
GDP fell to 1.5%.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Unemployment is the major problem in the United States. Government should take proper precautions to overcome job crisis.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthonyBrown

Unemployment is the major problem in the United States. Government should take proper precautions to overcome job crisis.

Good idea.

Government should get out of the way and stop declaring war on small businesses in the USA.

Stop with the unending regulations being printed in Washington DC.

---------------
Small business will remove the - major unemployment problem - in the United States.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join