It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATS Index Discrepancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have noticed that there is a difference in the WATS Index score shown on a members profile or a post, and that shown under the Tools section "List of Members In Good-Standing".

For example...on my profile, it shows my current WATS Index to be 45, but under the List of Members In Good-Standing, it is 31. There is a difference in any member's score whenever I looked at the List, and then their profile.

Is this an error in the coding, a previous formula still being used on that page, or is it that this page just doesn't get updated often?

Just curious...

edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It's not likely updated in real time. Check back after some period of time.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Do you mean just the "members" section?

Hm..

My WATS is listed at 430

I'll have admin or owner alerted to this.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, under the "members" section.

Some of the members WATS index scores are lower than on their profiles, and then some such as yourself are much higher.

It seems like an error in the coding or formula used to calculate the WATS index for that page is incorrect.

Thanks for your response.

edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I would normally not bother SO with such a little thing, but with the new guidlines for the 911 forum, I want to make sure the system is calculating WATS correctly so that people who have access won't have any issues.

Thank you for the heads up.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I remember wayyyyyy back in 2011 when ATS 2010 was finally released. It had many starts/stops as the coding bugs were worked out, and went on for awhile while they debugged for what seemed eternity.

Since then WATS has been recalced (again). I bet that it was a formula that didn't get changed. As a forum, ATS is quite unique and highly, highly customized. Those things are bound to happen.

top topics

join