It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread of Beautiful Things and an Amazing Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Our world is filled with an overwhelming amount of beautiful things. Some old, some new, some living, some surreal. The things you will witness in the following thread are meant to inspire the reader to see the wonders of our Earth, to learn about amazing places and things never known to exist, and to show people that life on our little planet is something special.

In this thread we shall see amazing animals that live among us, people that have done amazing things on our planet, architecture that dazzles the eyes, natural formations that take one's breath away, and much, much more. This is a thread of limitless inspiration.

Each member that takes the time to read this thread has stories to be told, memories to share, and places that mean something dear to them. Every member that reads these words has something new to learn, places they want to visit, and creatures to behold.

Have you seen something beautiful today?
Share it with the rest of us here so that we might see that beauty as well.

Has one of the amazing things in this thread given you inspiration or an appreciation for what our Earth can be?

Tell us your tale.

This is a place for all of us to reflect on why life is so grand,
why the rock we sit upon is important,
and to appreciate all the beauty our eyes can behold.

Check your Doom and Gloom at the door. It's not needed here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, for the first (but not last) piece of inspiration and beauty:

Wat Rong Khun

en.wikipedia.org...

Wat Rong Khun (Thai: วัดร่องขุ่น) is a contemporary unconventional Buddhist and Hindu temple in Chiang Rai, Thailand. It was designed by Chalermchai Kositpipat. Construction began in 1997 and is ongoing.

www.7thaiwonders.com...

Wat Rong Khun is also known as the White Temple. Whereas most temples visited by tourists have a history going back many centuries, this magnificent place of worship was built only recently. It is the realization of a dream for Thailands noted artist, Mr Chalermchai Kositpipat, who designed and is supervising the construction of this beautiful white temple and its many statues of figures based on religious beliefs.

Wat Rong Khun was my impiration to begin this thread. I was taken by the amazing detail and beauty of the structure. I knew instantly that it was something to share with my fellow ATS members. But where? There just wasn't an appropriate forum for something like this. It's not old, so it didn't really belong in the Ancient Civilizations forum. It wasn't made by aliens, so the UFO and Aliens forum was out.
There just wasn't a place to share something that was just simply "beautiful". That's when it dawned on me...it was a part of what makes the whole world beautiful...but just one tiny piece...and there are millions and millions of things in our world that are equally wonderful.

blog.insureandgo.com...

I can't wait to see what YOU think is beautiful.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks for sharing

I would love to visit Wat Rong Khun but this picture kind of creeped me out

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What's with that sculpture with the arms and hands? It's rather creepy. Any explanation for it?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I believe they are known as the "Hands From Hell".
They are a sculpture representing the Buddist Hell.

www.cnngo.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thank you! I needed this thread today although I posted
a generic picture of any beach any where I day dream of a beautiful peaceful place like this
all the time.....it slows me down no matter how busy I am.
One day I will get to that hammock on the beach, but for now I just google earth it and continue to day dream.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Behold the monumental cuteness of two orphans who share the same pouch.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Ahhhhh....The beauty of a beach. There's few places that can inspire such a feeling of peace in you.

Here's a recent picture taken on vacation at one of my favorite beaches.

I can't wait to return.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

AHHHHH I can feel the stress melting away now....beautiful!!!!!
It's been 11 years since I've
had the pleasure of sand between my toes on a beach like that..... We went to Sanibel Island Fla
then and I can't wait till the next time we go again. Crazy thing when life gets in the way and you don't have the time to do what you want when you want......Ahh don't mind me day dreaming again.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

The beauty of friendship and caring between different species is a perfect example of inspiration for this thread.

We could fill these pages on that topic alone.

top topics

join