It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A 37 and the USA's warship USS New York made from 24 tons of steel from world trade center!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I got an email today from a friend that had all of the following information in it.

These are some really cool pictures and information, although there are no direct sources cited here.

Even though I firmly believe that 9/11 was an inside job, this is pretty cool that we made a warship from the scrap steel from the damage at the twin towers on 9/11.

The F/A 37 is believed to be Mach 3.5 top speed in the Mach 4 range!! Below I will post all the pictures along with the information I have.

The plane in these pictures is still officially the 'Air Vehicle Number 1', a prototype, on board the USS George Washington CVN-73 for catapult fit checks. Not exactly still Top Secret but certainly not yet made public. It will be known as the F/A-37. Although specs are classified, it is believed to be Mach 3.5 (top speed in the Mach 4 range) super-cruise stealth fighter/bomber/interceptor with approximately a 4,000nm range. Awesome!

Check out the Navy test pilot in the cockpit of the F/A-37...LT Kara Wade.

For the first time in over 20 some odd years, three carrier strike groups got together in formation for a great photo op.
From top to bottom are the aircraft carriers, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, KITTY HAWK and RONALD REAGAN.

Even had Air Force planes fly-over, with a B-2 Stealth Bomber. The only warships not seen in the photos are the 4
nuclear powered submarines standing guard.

Here SHE is! Notice the twin towers on top.

SHE IS; the USS New York, made from the World Trade Center!

USS New York...It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center . It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there.

'It was a spiritual moment for everybody there.' Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for
all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.' The ship's motto?
'Never Forget'

Hope you all enjoy!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow!

Those pictures are prime examples of mechanical beauty! Funny that within those pictures lays the potential to wipe countries of the face of the planet. Deadly but beautiful

Very cool pictures S&F

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Very cool post. And recycling at its best

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The plane looks straight from the movies. I always find it interesting how often the film industry and modern engineering intersect at certain points.

Its happened numerous times over our history. For example personal computers and a bunch of Star Trek items have become reality!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yeah I agree! Some of the new stuff they come out with just looks like it came straight from a movie!! Pretty cool stuff though!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I might have missed something but the plane and pictures were from a movie in 2005 called Stealth. I don't think that this is a new plane.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
how can anyone get excited by this?

this is almost perverse

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Thanks again for sharing. If you step back and look at the pictures you have presented...these machines of warm are truely technological masterpieces. Floating cities, planes to enable high speed flight and war ships that possess the fire power to destroy.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Great PIC"S! I was at the christening in NY two of my Marine buddies are serving aboard her !

link   
Sorry but that F/A 37 is from a movie

The rest look great S & F anyway

link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Lmao I was about too say the same thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Depends the context in which you are looking at this images with....In one respect these are machines for dispensing death and destruction, but on the other hand they are marvels of technology.

Please do not be shallow and not consider all the angles.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Like I said, I have no idea where all this stemmed from?? I just thought it would be a cool thing to share with the members of ATS...

It could be from a movie, I just saw something cool and posted it.....Sorry if the plane isn't real......

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is that the same plane from the movie Stealth? And about that steel... they melted the evidence. So quick to haul away vital investigational material. Could'nt have all that thermite cut metal lying around...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interestingly enough the 9/11 report came out 7/22/04.
From wikipedia:
"7.5 short tons (6.8 t) of the steel used in the ship's construction came from the rubble of the World Trade Center; this represents less than one thousandth of the total weight of the ship.[7] The steel was melted down at Amite Foundry and Machine in Amite, Louisiana, to cast the ship's bow section. It was poured into the molds on 9 September 2003, with 7 short tons (6.4 t) cast to form the ship's "stem bar" — part of the ship's bow. "

To put that in perspective, metal from the WTC was being melted and re-used before the report was even finished.

Weird coincidence to top it all off, the champagne bottle used to christen the ship didn't break on the first try, an ill omen for sailors.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hmm probably out of the question, but im starting to wonder if the hollywood used a real prototype plane to do this movie, Usually hollywood, would create little section of a plane like a real cockpit, but then add what they want, and CGI the crap out of it. That pic looks extremely real of the plane. It would be a great cover story, and keep people second guessing, Im still leaning towards fake, so I guess there cover story works if it is real. LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
I might have missed something but the plane and pictures were from a movie in 2005 called Stealth. I don't think that this is a new plane.

www.imdb.com...

Yah, as soon as I saw Jessica Biel, I thought, "wow, not only an actress, but a top secret pilot as well!" haha This doesn't diminish the fact that they reused the steel.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think to see the Reality of the F 37 Talon ..that shown on the Stealth movie ...But I don't think about F 37 IS REAL....one of my friends view about F 37 Is here

Below are photographs of a prototype aircraft known as the Talon. Reportedly it was taken onboard the USS George Washington CVN-73 for catapult fit checks. It noted that it was not exactly still Top Secret but certainly not yet made public.

The type design is an interesting concept shown in 'Stealth' movie, yet I don't know how practical it is.

[SIZE=5][FONT=System][COLOR="#B22222"]F/A-37 Talon Specification[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

· Speed: Mach 3.5
· Top Speed: Mach 4+
· Classified Aircraft: Super-Cruise Stealth Fighter / Bomber / Interceptor
· Flying Range: 4,000 Nautical Miles (nm)

From some information, Talon has a 10,000 hour life airframe and engines that require replacement only at failure or signs of trouble.

[FONT=System][SIZE=5][COLOR="#B22222"]It was FAKE! Why???[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=System][COLOR="#B22222"]From wing stand-point: [/COLOR][/FONT]

[LIST=1]
  • Look at the wings while they are folded up. The control surfaces are facing forward. It would be extremely hard to control the aircraft especially since there is no way to control the yaw. I know the B-2 has no vertical stabilizers but it does have double-flapped ailerons that open and cause that half of the plane to slow, therefore turning it.
  • Although the design is fantastic, the foldable wings can prove faulty. It should be extremely difficult to control and if it does it would be to slow to even maneuver around tracers.
    [/LIST]

[FONT=System][COLOR="#B22222"][SIZE=5]From an engine stand-point[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]:

1. The intakes seem smaller than that of the Vipers (Which just feeds the F100-PW-229) You wouldn't get enough airflow to any engine to make that much power with small inlets.
    2. Intake position is poor for high Angle of Attack, AOA flight. Ever notice fighter intakes are on the sides or bottom of most combat aircraft.
    3. Cannon position directly ahead of intakes. Allows gun gas ingestion problems.
    4. The "spare engine" shown in the movie doesn't look like it would fit in the length / height of the available fuselage. (Then again it looks as if most known engines wouldn't fit anyhow?)

Now if a "true engine" used Methane for fuel: ?

Methane has a flash point around -300*F (-187*C). For comparison the "special" fuel needed for the SR-71 Blackbird (JP7) had a flash point of 140*F (60*C) Now how do you keep methane under control in an aircraft traveling MACH 3+ when it begins to heat?

If the F/A 37 not a Fake, Nothing can I say. AWESOME!!. Another generation of aviation engineering was born.

[FONT=System][SIZE=5][COLOR="#B22222"]The Concept Design of The Aircraft [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Odd design cuts the cost of high-speed flying. Rolling down the runway, the little twin-engine jet looked like any rich man's weekend toy, but as it picked up speed over the California airstrip and began climbing, the craft underwent a bizarre and visually unsettling transformation. Its wing began slowly to swing around—its right half angling forward in the direction of flight, the left back.

This flying pair of scissors looked like the joke of some eccentric inventor. In fact, the 38-ft.-long aircraft is a test design that comes from the same no-nonsense people who created the space shuttle. Pursuing what NASA officials refer to as the "small A" (for the less publicized, low-budget aeronautics in their agency's name), they built the single-seat model to overcome two major obstacles in supersonic flight: high fuel consumption and thundering noise.

At high speeds, an aircraft operates most efficiently if its wings intercept the air at an angle. Trouble occurs when the plane is flying at slower, subsonic speeds: swept-back wings reduce lift and increase fuel consumption. One way designers have tried to overcome this problem is by creating "variable geometry" aircraft that can swing back their wings at higher speeds and bring them forward for reduced speeds, especially during takeoffs and landings, when the plane needs maximum lift.

But swing-wing planes are difficult to build. They require greater structural strength, weigh more and burn more fuel than a comparable fixed-wing aircraft. As far back as 1945, Robert T. Jones

• posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
    link   
    I've seen the warship before and my thought?

What a great way to make sure that the steel from the WTC was never fully investigated.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by MDDoxs

That's because they are from a movie.
    Stealth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join