It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Smoke Makes Strange Clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's a really interesting video explaining how meteor dust is one of the key components for the formation of mysterious looking noctilucent clouds. It's very informative, and well worth watching for those interested in how noctilucent clouds are formed.

A key ingredient of Earth's strangest clouds does not come from Earth. New data from NASA's AIM spacecraft proves that "meteor smoke" is essential to the formation of noctilucent clouds.

It's amazing how things from outside our planet can effect it, sometimes without us even knowing it was happening.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This falls into the category, 'learn something new everyday'! Thank you for contributing to my education, interesting video.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video. I would have never thought that meteor smoke could contribute to cloud formation.

I wonder if meteor smoke causes other things too, maybe not, just a thought as we seem to be learning new things all the time about the climate and the solar system.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Good post isyeye
Would have posted this myself, but you beat me to it.

Originally posted by PacificBlue
I would have never thought that meteor smoke could contribute to cloud formation.

Why wouldn't it? It's long been known that clouds need condensation nuclei to form.

What better source for extreme high altitude clouds than the particles generated by meteoroids disintegrating at extremely high altitude?

top topics

join