It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Professor Adam Smith showed us the quickest way to get fired from 2 jobs!

The University of Arizona is also in full damage control mode.

He used to be an Adjunct Lecturer at the Eller School of Management.

Maybe Adam Smith will start up his own company?

He has an MBA.

His website could be www.howtogetfiredfast.com.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

What they should do, rather then firing him, is stick him on a probationary period that deals only in the customer service relations. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

I get your point, but his position is more than just a job. He has the responsibility if representing the company who employs him, and they obviously do not want to be associated with a person like this. So in a way it is political, but it also has to do with the company's overall image, which they are trying to maintain, imo.

Can you imagine if Vante, Inc was a publicly traded stock?

Embarrassing the company is a no no.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Where are all the freedom of speech supporters?

really?...do you need 3 guesses? ....if you do, just start reading more of the posts on ATS. free speech only applies when you are insulting obama, liberals, democrats, ACLU, abortion rights people, gays, etc....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

bravo!!! what ever happened to freedom of speech??????? everyone that supports chick-fil-a's freedom of speech should also support this mans freedom of speech, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

Most employers have a code of conduct agreement that you sign once you are hired. One of the most common clauses in this contract is that your out of work behavior must reflect the company and it's ethical standards.

If I were to do something like that and put it on FB and then have my boss see it they would have no choice but to fire me. Even most fast food restaurants make employees sign something of this nature.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this type of contract but from an employers point of view I can understand why they are put in place.

I also don't condone how he acted but his behavior does represent the company he works for and his dismissal was valid in my opinion.

As for this whole Chick-Fil-A fad, I'm sick of it

That's just my opinion though and perhaps I shouldn't be posting in threads about topics that I do not like so shame on me

edit on 3-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: add quote

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

bravo!!! what ever happened to freedom of speech??????? everyone that supports chick-fil-a's freedom of speech should also support this mans freedom of speech, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Professor Adam Smith is not free to drag Vante, Inc. through the mud by acting like

a complete idiot, recording the bullying incident, posting it on YouTube and then just

sit back and watch the Vante, Inc. public relations phone ring off the hook from calls from

angry clients, news organizations and potential customers.

-- This is a public relations nightmare orchestrated by the CFO ! -

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

He also showed, finally, hate is not tolerated from either side. At least in this case. Too many r0dents like him have gotten passes because their hate spewed from one political side and not the other. Ahh... Nice to see the system work, isn't it? The private system. Not a Government goon in sight or asked for.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I find it hard to believe Professor Adam Smith thought that he could post that outrageous

video on YouTube and just go along like everything is just fine.

It's like he was living in an alternate reality.

---------

What's that? I'm fired?!..........................Why?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by snarky412

The University of Arizona is also in full damage control mode.

He used to be an Adjunct Lecturer at the Eller School of Management.

Maybe Adam Smith will start up his own company?

He has an MBA.

His website could be www.howtogetfiredfast.com.

Such a role model, this guy is....[sarcasm]

Did he get fired from U of A too??

Maybe he'll think twice about future postings of rants......

And maybe he'll learn not to harass innocent by-standers that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Kinda fits the bill of a bully, IMO........a narcissist bully at that.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

I love it!
Life does have it's little ways of turing around and biteing you on the butt. He had no business ranting at the worker over a nothing protest over a nothing comment.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Guy was wrong and posted on social media. Most companies now have policies in place indicating that you can be terminated for things posted online.

Seems like a real jerk that got put in his place....BIG TIME.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh I do support free speech, but like Chick-Fil-a (with people protesting trying to close them down putting thousands out of work) theres a price to pay for that (this guy losing his job for shooting his mouth off and losing his job). He had his free speech, nobody stopped him, so whats the problem?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

His freedom of speech was not violated in any way as far as I could tell.

However, the company he works for has a right to terminate his job if he violated any contract agreement being as he's CFO of the company. Which I would imagine he would be held to a higher standard than say a minimum wage type of person with no such title.

He made his choice, so now he's got to deal with the repercussions of it. Ooops.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

If you are a executive officer of a company and you do something stupid in public then it reflects on that company...oh yes...you can be fired as his actions cast the company he works for in a negative light.

Yes you can do what you want off the job, you just cant record it on tape and post it to youtube and expect everything to be honky dory after a cool million people see it and figure out who he works for.

Thats why he was fired...he gave the company a bad name.....I got an idea...you should try this theory....and if you don't get fired...I'll know Im wrong.

Not to mention that some states allow "at will" employers..they can fire you for no good reason and you cant do shat about it.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Freedom of Speech is a concept to be protected and treasured by force of arms, in the most extreme examples...for GOVERNMENT control or interference. ...and that value is absolute. Black and White. Literally, in this case.

The limitation of free speech by PRIVATE people is how good ideas are culled from bad ones and really crappy concepts in society find themselves run to the trash heaps of history.

The two are radically different things. One is something to fight against with all we have. The other? That is what makes society work and advanced, not regress.

The only free speech I've seen threatened anywhere in this whole thing have been Government entities as represented by a couple mayors and lesser officials around the nation actually suggesting regulation or law to hurt Chick-Fil-A.

This idiot just got squashed by the ultimate "Peer Review". No free speech issues with the Drive -Thru-Dummy.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hearing that this idiot no longer has a job brings me great pleasure. He bullied that nice girl who was just doing her job and she endured his foaming mouthed rants with grace. To be perfectly honest, this news made my day. Hopefully he is now sitting at home with the shades all down experiencing mass anxiety over all the media coverage.

Have a nice weekend yuh creep. LMAO! ~$heopleNation
edit on 3-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Oh, I was wondering what happened. I saw the video of what he did here on ATS and now this.

Well, he was a jerk. All actions , ALL have consequence.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Yep, people are just waking up to the fact that there are indeed consequences when you open your pie hole and post it on the internet. It's nice to see some accountability for a change, it's so rare these days.

This foolish mortal must really be feeling like a complete idiot right about now. He got the bully beat down.

~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I'm one.

He absolutely had the right to say it. No one stopped him saying it. He said it.

And with the right to say it comes the duty to accept the consequences of saying it, and now he has to do that.

You absolutely have freedom of speech;
Even to the point of yelling "FIRE"in a crowded theater
You are just RESPONSIBLE for the consequences of damages or injuries you cause.

Yes; "Virginia", you CAN yell FIRE! in a crowded theater (in fact if there actually was a fire you'd be a "hero" not a wreckless felon.
He was a "smary douche". He wasn't going to change anybody's mind at the window; just wanted to hear himself rant on youtube."Look how progressive I am! I stood up to be counted for the poor gays."
Great; Hope that was "good" for you.
This may not have been the only reason for his termination : His "douchey -ness" might permeate his entire day.

edit on 3-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join