It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would imagine the CFO job paid quite well. Hope he got his money's worth out of his rant.
edit on 8/3/2012 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by nixie_nox

So on top of being biggoted, they are forcing gay people to work there? That's pretty messed up.

Which thread regarding the economy have you been praising the job market?
I believe I missed that.
For a about the last decade, most people I know have not had the option of quitting any job they could find.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I would imagine the CFO job paid quite well. Hope he got his money's worth out of his rant.
edit on 8/3/2012 by roadgravel because: typo

Video has gone viral 157,700 hits plus..-many- copies have been made.

- Many Copies Made -

Apparently, Professor Adam Smith has been fired from the University of Tucson as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by nunyadammm

Spare me, like none of you have ever been impatient in a long line before.
Yeah right.

I have certainly been impatient in a long line before. I have even been less than perfect in reaction to bad service. How that parallels what this guy did, I am not quite clear on.

Guy has probably never worked in customer service, which clearly shows from his attitude. I never heard the guy once, ever mention his company's name. Which does not warrant him to just get fired the next day for his action.

Well first of all, he was not just "fired the next day." Second of all, did you read his contract? I have not seen it.

If I was him, I would sue the company for wrongful termination.

Likely you would lose. Almost every company I have ever worked for includes in the pile of crap they have you sign, an agreement that should you reflect poorly on the company you may be terminated. Most places I work at you would be fired for being arrested for any crime. Not convicted, arrested. It sounds like you better hold tight to your job.

Was he stupid, sure. We're all stupid at one point in our lives.

I have never been that stupid in my adult life. Thanks for letting us know where you are at on that scale.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Next will hear about this guy imitating a James Holmes scenario. All because he made a bad judgement of posting a video berating an employee. Happens everyday. Honestly, I have seen worse arrogant people going off on employees then him. Now that he has no job, he has got nothing to lose.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Why do you feel so bad for this guy who likely had a golden parachute of some kind and plenty of invested money somewhere in his nice big house but have no sympathy for the teen he was yelling at? Should she have to put up with that at her job?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Next will hear about this guy imitating a James Holmes scenario. All because he made a bad judgement of posting a video berating an employee. Happens everyday. Honestly, I have seen worse arrogant people going off on employees then him. Now that he has no job, he has got nothing to lose.

Why do you feel so bad for this guy who likely had a golden parachute of some kind and plenty of invested money somewhere in his nice big house but have no sympathy for the teen he was yelling at? Should she have to put up with that at her job?

That is another question: Should Professor Adam Smith return to the Chick-fil-A and

apologize to her?

An adult would apologize.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Whoops - and now the counter-attack - via lawyer of course:

www.wnd.com...

Better watch out folks, here come the most dreaded of all weapons, more terrifying than WMD - a pack of hungry lawyers!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A fast food resturant is politically dividing america... There is some irony in that!

I dont agree with what this guy did. Just because she works there doesn't mean she should be taking crap on their behalf - Partly why corporations shouldn't be having political opinions.

Perhaps this guy should consider growing up and boycotting Chic-Fil-A-Bigot the right way - With your wallet. And an angry letter to their head office.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ha ha poetic justice! Just think of all the employees who were under him who are celebrating. You know this priq treated his subordinates just like he treated that girl at the window. Anyone willing to video himself being such an ass and proud of it is an arrogant idiot who treated people he had authority over the same way! Chick fil a should offer him a greeter job

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Ha ha poetic justice! Just think of all the employees who were under him who are celebrating. You know this priq treated his subordinates just like he treated that girl at the window. Anyone willing to video himself being such an ass and proud of it is an arrogant idiot who treated people he had authority over the same way! Chick fil a should offer him a greeter job

I wonder what the time delay was?

Professor Adam Smith posts the video:

Then he goes back to work at Vante, Inc.

He is at his desk and then the phone call comes.

- Mr. Smith , can i see you in my office?

- You're fired !

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just read this article that states him leaving the company was a mutual decision. Arizona Daily Star

Roger Vogel, chairman, president and CEO of Vante, said the decision for Smith to step down was mutual. Vogel said he was "shocked" by the video, which he first discovered when people emailed him a link.

"We obviously found it very disturbing," Vogel said. "We respect everybody's ability to share their opinions in the public square and we have a very diverse workforce with a diverse set of opinions. We expect employees to behave in a professional manner that's commensurate with their positions, and discuss their opinions in a civil fashion. … We thought what he did was inappropriate."

Vogel said the company has no stance on the gay-marriage issue but has always had a "good relationship" with Chick-fil-A. He said the company will consider contacting the employee that Smith ambushed in an attempt to mend fences.

Reached at Chick-fil-A, the employee declined to comment. Smith did not respond to messages left via email or through the University of Arizona.

And speaking of UA....

The UA issued a statement about Smith, saying he "presently holds no appointment with the University."

The UA "strives to provide an environment where a free and respectful exchange of ideas is valued and encouraged. We strive to have a workforce that is diverse and respectful of different viewpoints and where opinions are respected," the statement said.

Hmmm.... I'm seeing the words respectful & civil in those statements. I think those are two words Mr. Smith is not very familiar with.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

All of those - statements- have - damage control - written all over them.

- Mr. Smith you have 2 choices: you can resign or i can fire you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

(Reply on OP story....just reading the half dozen pages to follow it)

This guy is a bitter little pill of a man and now, unemployed. He needs to look in the mirror when he babbles about hate. He embodies it.

The kid working the drive-thru didn't go to his home and I didn't hear any activists go to his workplace, so why did he feel the need to go out of his way to pick a fight with a drive-thru worker? Yeah, big man. Big ego..and a BIG fail!

Look at it this way. He has all the time he needs now to see hate in that mirror. He can stare at it, in his bathroom all day and for the entire day. It's not like he has anyplace better to be anymore.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSTStar
Whoops - and now the counter-attack - via lawyer of course:

www.wnd.com...

Better watch out folks, here come the most dreaded of all weapons, more terrifying than WMD - a pack of hungry lawyers!

That story tells me far more about how Illinois government has grown beyond all reason and concepts of control, to learn they even HAVE a "Department Of Human Rights". How utterly, totally and absolutely absurd.

Their complaint is likewise absurd from where I sit. Human rights? Are they kidding? That so incredibly cheapens the term, the ACLU should be ashamed of themselves. As someone whose spent enough hours looking through stories and photos of REAL human rights abuses around the world, the fact this even exists as a complaint at all is sickening.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My applause to the young lady in the video for keeping her cool.....

The guy does have his rights to act like jerk, regardless of how immature and uncool.
Just like the company has rights to terminate him.
Be careful what you video and post on the internet.............

I can't believe how this whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

As long as I can remember, Chik-fil-A has always been a Christian type privately owned company. So this is nothing new.

But I never heard the CEO of Chik-fil-A discriminating against gay rights or being mean to them.
He only expressed his views of a man/woman marriage. That's all. As is his rights.

I personally believe in equal rights for every one.

And I also think it's a little hypocritical for some people to try to take the rights away from a privately owned business. Or harass them or bully them because their views may differ due to personal beliefs.

And how they spend their money, is none of my business.
That's the last thing we need is to be regulated on how & where we spend our money.
We don't need any more "policing". That's just my opinion........

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Would you like to be treated the way he treated that gal? Would you hire him? Just because you've seen worse doesn't make this "okay".
edit on 3-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

I get abused like that every time I work. I go through it. I know what it feels like, and you have to stand there at attention and not say anything back.

I never said what he did is okay.

I'm saying it happens everyday.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Would you like to be treated the way he treated that gal? Would you hire him? Just because you've seen worse doesn't make this "okay".
edit on 3-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

I get abused like that every time I work. I go through it. I know what it feels like, and you have to stand there at attention and not say anything back.

I never said what he did is okay.

I'm saying it happens everyday.

But of course it happens everyday, to most everyone.

Try not to dwell upon it.

And once you are in a position of authority, kick those who conduct themselves like this to the curb.

But be prepared for some blowback.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have thought about this situation and have come to the conclusion that instead of him losing his job over off the job behavior justice would have been better served if he had been dragged from his car and had the crap kicked out of him.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Besides he never berated the girl, if you listen he berated the Chick Filet company. He told her she deserves better.

And how this any different then kids walking up to the Federal Reserve and berating those guys? It's not.

I can't find that video. Does it make it right for those 3 kids?

When they do it, everyone hoots and hollers and says okay but when this guy does it, it's not okay because it's not the Federal Reserve.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

I get your point, but his position is more than just a job. He has the responsibility if representing the company who employs him, and they obviously do not want to be associated with a person like this. So in a way it is political, but it also has to do with the company's overall image, which they are trying to maintain, imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join