It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 4
24
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I saw the video. The guy acted rude and condescending. That kid working the drive through has nothing to do with what was said by the Chick-Fil-A CEO. Employers ought to play this video for employees on the art of customer service. She did not get flustered or angered by his statements, but carried out her duties in a peaceful and respectful manner. The guy wanted to be a part of the spectacle which has become thiis Chick-Fil-A soap opera, and it turns out he became the spectacle.

Welcome to the unemployment community! Oh yeah, since his divisive antic is being played all over network television, and on the internet. Chances are potential future employers are going to have watched his video and know who this guy is. He should probably say good bye to upper level management, and any executive positions. Nobody is going to want to hire a person to upper echelons of their company if they can be regarded as a loose cannon. He brought negative publicity to his company, and that affects the bottom line. What he did is no different than the gaffs made by the CEO of Chick-Fil-A. As the saying goes, "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."




posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.


The trouble is he identified himself and his company in the video which he then put on the internet. Had he not drug his company into this mess by name, he wouldn't have been fired.


Oh really?.......I would have fired him for stupidity........Imagine how he handled the company's affairs



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by nunyadammm
 


Spare me, like none of you have ever been impatient in a long line before.
Yeah right.

Guy has probably never worked in customer service, which clearly shows from his attitude. I never heard the guy once, ever mention his company's name. Which does not warrant him to just get fired the next day for his action.

If I was him, I would sue the company for wrongful termination.

Was he stupid, sure. We're all stupid at one point in our lives.

Your kidding me, right?

It doesnt matter a lick if he mentioned his company name. He posted a video of himself harassing a minimum wage employee. Anyone could recognize him from this video and, right or wrong, hold it against his company. If his employer felt they might lose business or respect due to his actions, they are perfectly justified in firing him.

I think your a bit out of touch with the realities of todays workplace.


I wonder how long it took the legal team at Vante to view the video and then grab

the nearest phone?


- Fire this guy NOW !!! -



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I saw the video. The guy acted rude and condescending. That kid working the drive through has nothing to do with what was said by the Chick-Fil-A CEO. Employers ought to play this video for employees on the art of customer service. She did not get flustered or angered by his statements, but carried out her duties in a peaceful and respectful manner. The guy wanted to be a part of the spectacle which has become thiis Chick-Fil-A soap opera, and it turns out he became the spectacle.

Welcome to the unemployment community! Oh yeah, since his divisive antic is being played all over network television, and on the internet. Chances are potential future employers are going to have watched his video and know who this guy is. He should probably say good bye to upper level management, and any executive positions. Nobody is going to want to hire a person to upper echelons of their company if they can be regarded as a loose cannon. He brought negative publicity to his company, and that affects the bottom line. What he did is no different than the gaffs made by the CEO of Chick-Fil-A. As the saying goes, "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."



Adam Smith is the new poster child for the DNC. - Intolerance-

If you donate money to an organization i don't like, then we will shut you down and

harass your employees.

---------
BTW, i am very impressed by the professionalism exhibited by the Chick-fil-A

employee.


I just watched the video again on YouTube.


edit on 3-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
What he did is no different than the gaffs made by the CEO of Chick-Fil-A. As the saying goes, "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."


Sorry - WRONG
Chick-Fil-A owner Dan Cathy did NOT make a "gaff" - he merely stated his honorable and very commendable position and stuck with it - like a true Christian would and should. You live in an evil culture of death and we need to hear MORE from these brave "protectors and defenders" of true Christian morals and values............HOORAY FOR DAN CATHY

BTW - I had never gone to Chick's before - NOW I GO EVERY DAY FOR LUNCH - GREATEST CHICKEN SANDWICH IN PHILLY

edit on 3-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: EDIT



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
LOL. Valid point, but also I would not out that "anonymous" quotes...you have no way of knowing if they are true or not. The "people coming up to the counter and saying that they like the company because the company hates gays" sounds a bit contrived to me.
Ahh, so a gay false flag operation. I believe that could be possible.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.


The trouble is he identified himself and his company in the video which he then put on the internet. Had he not drug his company into this mess by name, he wouldn't have been fired.


Oh really?.......I would have fired him for stupidity........Imagine how he handled the company's affairs


LOL. Fair enough. I would have done the same.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I saw the video. The guy acted rude and condescending. That kid working the drive through has nothing to do with what was said by the Chick-Fil-A CEO. Employers ought to play this video for employees on the art of customer service. She did not get flustered or angered by his statements, but carried out her duties in a peaceful and respectful manner. The guy wanted to be a part of the spectacle which has become thiis Chick-Fil-A soap opera, and it turns out he became the spectacle.


Maybe SHE should become the new CFO. I hope she gets a raise and a promotion.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by NavyDoc
LOL. Valid point, but also I would not out that "anonymous" quotes...you have no way of knowing if they are true or not. The "people coming up to the counter and saying that they like the company because the company hates gays" sounds a bit contrived to me.
Ahh, so a gay false flag operation. I believe that could be possible.


I dunno if I would go as far as to say "false flag," necessarily, but people have been known to make # up to support their agendas ever since there were agendas.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
You only have to ask one question. Would you want this guy working for your company?


Myself, I'd hire him to sweep the docks.


But he'll probably find a job with some group like MoveOn.org or some such. They welcome people like him there.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


That young lady did a remarkable job. The franchise owners should definitely considered promoting her to a management position. All I can say is that her display of professionalism and respect for the customer is what should be taught to all employees when confronted with a similar situation. Slam dunk!

The guy in the car deserves the punishment he received, and a company has every right to discipline their executives when they are responsible for bringing negative publicity to the company. He is not a lowly peon, but the CFO. Therefore, he should know better than to act like that in public. A lower level employee might have been called into the office and counseled, but this guy given such high stature within the company deserved immediate dismissal.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Myself, I'd hire him to sweep the docks.


But he'll probably find a job with some group like MoveOn.org or some such. They welcome people like him there.


They welcome bullies, rudites and lose canons??? Not smart.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


That young lady did a remarkable job. The franchise owners should definitely considered promoting her to a management position. All I can say is that her display of professionalism and respect for the customer is what should be taught to all employees when confronted with a similar situation. Slam dunk!

The guy in the car deserves the punishment he received, and a company has every right to discipline their executives when they are responsible for bringing negative publicity to the company. He is not a lowly peon, but the CFO. Therefore, he should know better than to act like that in public. A lower level employee might have been called into the office and counseled, but this guy given such high stature within the company deserved immediate dismissal.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)


More info here:

It turns out this guy was a professor at the University of Tucson. They took down his

profile and photo on the website. Also Vante, Inc. shutdown their server!


Google Vante Tucson

- Adam Smith is disappearing all over the web! -
edit on 3-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian
 


I can really care less about another person's views, and my views are the same for the Chick-Fil-A CEO, Dan Cathy. If his company makes good chicken, and sells it for a decent price? Then I would go there to fill my belly, and that is about it. When it comes to my stomach, I find it hard to let politics or whatever get in the way of that.

This issue should never have been brought into the realm of being a moral, religious, or political matter. It is really a non-issue as far as I am concerned. Another carefully choreographed diversion, because there are a heck of a lot more pressing matters than this Chck-Fil-A fiasco. Has the MSM media turned into Maury or Jerry Springer? That is where this situation should be discussed. It is really ridiculous!
edit on 3-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
.. .. .. "he should know better than to act like that in public. A lower level employee might have been called into the office and counseled, but this guy given such high stature within the company deserved immediate dismissal."


The amazing thing is that he taped it himself and promoted his bullying actions as though they were commendable ones - then he publishes himself on YouTube....its beyond me how and why a person can behave this way and at the same time be proud of it as though he were doing a service to whomever or whatever.....



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
you know, the more i think about it, the more I believe he DESERVED to get his butt canned. He was an officer of a company, he should carry himself better then that
Self righteous prick



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am sure there will be many liberal companies now, who go out of their way to hire this guy.
Somehow , I do not think his stunt will hurt him at all.
We will probably see him, on Letterman.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Where are all the freedom of speech supporters?


No one is saying he has no right to express his opinion, thus his free speech is intact. He did however, criticize the worker's freedom of association and harass her for no good reason, which was inappropriate and served no purpose other than getting attention for himself.

His company fired him for dragging them into his drama, and that's their right also. No Constitutional violations here at all.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 

I'm not sure they took down their server. It's been up and down since yesterday which probably means they are having capacity problems. Which, depending on how they use the website could mean a financial impact for them.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 

I'm not sure they took down their server. It's been up and down since yesterday which probably means they are having capacity problems. Which, depending on how they use the website could mean a financial impact for them.


I keep getting Service Temporarily Unavailable

- Vante, Inc. - news-




top topics



 
24
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join