It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by NavyDoc

That CEO has donated over 5 million dollars to anti-gay groups.

ANd what has that to do with the corporation? I know a lockheed exec who donates to planned parenthood...does Lockheed-Martin now support abortion?

I looked at a few of the organizations the listed, Christian Althetes Association, for example. Just disagreeing with gay marriage make one a hate group now? I honestly think that label is a bit overused, kind of like the "racist" card. People throw out both "hate group" or "racist" against anyone they disagree with nowadays and such overuse makes the terms lose their punch when dealing with actual racists and hategroups.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I wonder if he will behave like a pompous arrogant jerk during his next job interview?

- There are ripple effects to your actions. -

You bet your arse there are! He's aaaaallllll over the net by his own actions. No one will hire him, whether they believed in his cause or not.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by khimbar

Well, the FRC has some pretty crazy positions. One of which included lobbying congress against the condemning of Uganda's death penalty for gays. Perhaps I am just an overly liberal nutjob, but I think it's really immoral to give money to a group that is actively harming people. Put em in prison? I get we are all allowed to have an opinion, but that is just freaking crazy. The CEO is an idiot if he can't even vet the groups he gives money too.

edit on 3-8-2012 by antonia because: argh

And no one is denying you the right to think it's immoral.

'Pretty crazy' in your opinion. 'An idiot' in your opinion. 'Immoral' in your opinion.

That's the problem with moral relativism. It's all opinions and relative based on so many factors.

Of course the big problem with it, and I'm half sure this is an engineered state of affairs, is that when nothing is right, nothing is wrong.

I'm not saying I agree with his principles but I don't think it's right to say 'Well I don't like what he likes so he can't give his money to them.' Maybe I should? Maybe sometimes, to quote Picard, a line needs to be drawn. This far, no further.

edit on 3-8-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

I wonder if he will behave like a pompous arrogant jerk during his next job interview?

- There are ripple effects to your actions. -

You bet your arse there are! He's aaaaallllll over the net by his own actions. No one will hire him, whether they believed in his cause or not.

He used his power of free will - foolishly -.

--------
He might just dye his hair and change his name.

Or he could apply for a job at Media Matters. They will pay him $100,000 a year to sit

around in his underwear and watch Fox News.

Take quotes out of context and then email them to MSNBC - Ed Schultz.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Spare me, like none of you have ever been impatient in a long line before.
Yeah right.

Guy has probably never worked in customer service, which clearly shows from his attitude. I never heard the guy once, ever mention his company's name. Which does not warrant him to just get fired the next day for his action.

If I was him, I would sue the company for wrongful termination.

Was he stupid, sure. We're all stupid at one point in our lives.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by NavyDoc

ANd what has that to do with the corporation? I know a lockheed exec who donates to planned parenthood...does Lockheed-Martin now support abortion?

I looked at a few of the organizations the listed, Christian Althetes Association, for example. Just disagreeing with gay marriage make one a hate group now? I honestly think that label is a bit overused, kind of like the "racist" card. People throw out both "hate group" or "racist" against anyone they disagree with nowadays and such overuse makes the terms lose their punch when dealing with actual racists and hategroups.

So if you donate $5 million dollars to anti-gay groups you should be targeted and shutdown?

That's fascism. We have freedom of speech here in the USA.

The left wing loons have awakened a sleeping giant.

Those same lines wrapped around Chick-fil-A will be the same lines wrapped around

the voting booths. I think the GOP just picked up 3 more seats in the U.S. Senate.

If the libs want to lose 2 more seats just spew more unconditional hate and intolerance.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Who cares? Many people support groups that I personally oppose. At least he is using his own money to support his beliefs, instead of using taxpayer money to murder babies for example.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Here are some of the more poignant quotes from gay employees, many of whom asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation:

"[It's] constantly having people come up to you and say, 'I support your company, because your company hates the gays. It really takes a toll on me."

WOW! So gays can be hypocrites too.
Why do they work for a company that they believe hates them????

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Yeah right.

Guy has probably never worked in customer service, which clearly shows from his attitude. I never heard the guy once, ever mention his company's name. Which does not warrant him to just get fired the next day for his action.

Oh yeah! Go ahead and file a wrongful termination suit!

We can see that arrogant clip played over and over in a court of law!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yeah right.

Pretty sure stupid is rightful termination, especiallly in his position.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by nixie_nox

So on top of being biggoted, they are forcing gay people to work there? That's pretty messed up.

They must be rounding the gays up and making them work at gunpoint, right?
Not likely.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah, the CFO job in a company is just below the CEO. You can't have one of you major corporate officers posting video of himself berating some poor teenager over something she doesn't have control over. It reflects poorly on his company and they were perfectly right to fire him over it.

I've actually eaten at chic-fil-a a few times since this story broke, even though it's a bit out of my way and more expensive than what I normally eat. We even decided to use them for a catering (tender and nugget tray) that we had intended on using the local Kroger bakery for. I'm not particularly against gay marriage, but I feel that a company that provides a better than average product in it's market place should not be punished because the CEO gives money to causes as his conscience dictates.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow - I think the guy should be prosecuted for hate speech.

Truth be known, Vante has probably been wondering how they were going to get rid of the crackpot for years. He finally gave them a reason. People don't just wake up being this way, it's a long process. Goodness, and he made it all the way to CFO - they better start scanning the guy's computer and recheck those bank accounts.

Anyway, I think what has the homosexual community in such a tizzy is that they can see their "normality of homosexuality offensive" is showing cracks. When such a public figure can make a stand for his right to free speech and weather the storm of attacks on his business and his personhood they way he has, homosexuals have a big, big problem. People don't have to accept the premises of the homosexual normality agenda anymore.

They've tried to turn all free speech against homosexuality into the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. They've ginned up various categories of hate speech that many governments have bought into. They want to shut down opinions that differ from theirs relative to the morality or immorality of their actions. For instance, I have to stop and think whether or not I would act if I saw a man dressed as a woman entering a woman's bathroom after my 10 year old daughter went in there. (That, my friends, is a farce.)

And ultimately, they've forgotten that in business, just about any free advertising is money in the bank.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yeah right.

Your kidding me, right?

It doesnt matter a lick if he mentioned his company name. He posted a video of himself harassing a minimum wage employee. Anyone could recognize him from this video and, right or wrong, hold it against his company. If his employer felt they might lose business or respect due to his actions, they are perfectly justified in firing him.

I think your a bit out of touch with the realities of todays workplace.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Next will hear about this guy imitating a James Holmes scenario. All because he made a bad judgement of posting a video berating an employee. Happens everyday. Honestly, I have seen worse arrogant people going off on employees then him. Now that he has no job, he has got nothing to lose.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Lol he was a CFO, I would hope he would be smart enough to have money in the bank. I am sure he will be just fine, maybe the joke SPLC will hire him

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I'm not saying I agree with his principles but I don't think it's right to say 'Well I don't like what he likes so he can't give his money to them.' Maybe I should? Maybe sometimes, to quote Picard, a line needs to be drawn. This far, no further.

I didn't say who he could give his money too. I simply stated my opinion on it. I have that right too, free speech remember?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by khimbar

I didn't say who he could give his money too. I simply stated my opinion on it. I have that right too, free speech remember?

Yes I remember, in fact the very first line of my post was...'And no one is denying you the right to think it's immoral'.

But you missed that bit out of your quote.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Next will hear about this guy imitating a James Holmes scenario. All because he made a bad judgement of posting a video berating an employee. Happens everyday. Honestly, I have seen worse arrogant people going off on employees then him. Now that he has no job, he has got nothing to lose.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Would you like to be treated the way he treated that gal? Would you hire him? Just because you've seen worse doesn't make this "okay".

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Here are some of the more poignant quotes from gay employees, many of whom asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation:

"[It's] constantly having people come up to you and say, 'I support your company, because your company hates the gays. It really takes a toll on me."

WOW! So gays can be hypocrites too.
Why do they work for a company that they believe hates them????

LOL. Valid point, but also I would not out that "anonymous" quotes...you have no way of knowing if they are true or not. The "people coming up to the counter and saying that they like the company because the company hates gays" sounds a bit contrived to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join