It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
As much as I do NOT agree with Chick's owner's stance on gay marriage and his pretentious attitude to those who don't goosestep to his version of what is considered the 'right' way to live, I don't agree with being mean to those who work there, either. Its a job, for crying out loud, not a freaking statement. If the employees were making good money and living a decent lifestyle, then I could see it being a political or religious statement by working there.... but lets face it... its a fast food chain, not Google or Microsoft. They're NOT making good money, they're NOT even making decent money by the standards of today's economy. They're there because they need the job, the income (as paltry as it may be) and if they had a choice, they would not be there in the first place. The guy was an ass for being mean to someone who had nothing to do with company policies or viewpoints. What a twit. Since he is now unemployed, perhaps he will see things from a different perspective... but I doubt it. Such insight takes depth of character, and just like the owner of Chick's, I'm sure he lacks it.

As opposed to Goose-stepping to your version of whats right. Hell, thats just a little to preachy for somebody who is taking the moral high ground
Hypocrisy en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

It greatly depends on his corporate contract...

Many executive corporate contracts require restraint in your private life for the same reason that federal employees and military are restricted in what they do on their private time in public.

It is a reflection of the company/organization and can have vast negative consequences.

If he had such a contractual clause and he chose to ignore it, he has to face the consequences of his actions.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

If you did the same thing with your job you would be fired too! It really does not matter if you get the job done. People get fired at work for unacceptable behavior even if they do preform. Just because you are able to perform does not give you special privileges .. like using your company name to support your views on certain subjects on the internet.

Most companies can and will fire you if you put your company in a bad light or something that can be taken that way. So it really is not that farfetched or unfair they did this. He probably infringed on a rule in his contract.

I wonder what your stance would be if chick fila supported homesexualism and this man was slamming them for their pro homosexual rights. chances are you would condemn him and say he deserved it because no one can be objective when their views are attacked.
edit on 5-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Just because a person doesnt beleive as you do that makes it discrimination. Then why have the word tolorence?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The guy is a loser and probably a closeted homosexual.
reply to post by soaringhawk

Those types are often anti-gay.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Guess what, born. I've lived it. Therefore, I CAN preach. As for hypocrisy, if the shoe fits. I walk barefoot, and wash clean afterwards just fine.
BTW.... the correct spelling in this instance would be 'too'... not to. Too preachy, too much, etc.
I'm a well versed grammar fiend as well.

edit on 6-8-2012 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

well i'm sure chick-fil-a's phones are ringing too and will continue to ring. thats unfortunate because i heard their food isnt even that good.
No? Odd. I have been there three times in the past few days, and find their chicken quite good.

Me too..... and no, their business is not hurting any. Always packed out.

People who go there, go for the food, not the politics.

The Adam Smith Rant isn't going anywhere.

YouTube killed one video but many others are available.

This one has been viewed 962,533 times !

The apology video comments on the YouTube find his apology disingenuous.

Adam Smith is only - sorry - he got caught.

Rachel from Chick-fil-A will appear on Fox News with Neil Cavuto at 4PM - Tuesday.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah, I found his apology lacking too. Not to much sincerity for his actions. And what he said about the company not allowing him to apologize, he said that he thought that to be "unprofessional"..... Hell I would've said, Dude, what you did was unprofessional from the start. What were you thinking?????

Boy, does he like to hear himself talk though.......

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah, I found his apology lacking too. Not to much sincerity for his actions. And what he said about the company not allowing him to apologize, he said that he thought that to be "unprofessional"..... Hell I would've said, Dude, what you did was unprofessional from the start. What were you thinking?????

Boy, does he like to hear himself talk though.......

It's my guess he will get hired over at Berkeley as a full time professor.

They will welcome him with open arms.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join