It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

www.businessinsider.com

Adam Smith, former CFO and treasurer of medical supplies manufacturer Vante, caused quite a stir today when he put up a video of himself bullying a Chick-fil-A drive-thru employee in Tucson on YouTube. Smith berates the worker about her company in the video, which was initially titled ”Reduce $’s to Chick-Fil-A’s Hate Groups.” It has since been taken down (though others have uploaded it too). Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasur
(visit the link for the full news article)

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Perhaps he will learn a little politeness now? What could the girl in the drive through do anyway? If he had an issue with the CEO of Chic-fil-a, he should have directed his ire towards him and not a minimum wage employee who is just selling chicken sandwiches. The young lady comported herself well in a difficult situation, while the one percenter who verbally assaulted her acted like a total jacka**. Firing him was a great move by Vante.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Maybe they don't want a jerk working for them? The guy is a loser and probably a closeted homosexual. His whole behavior and I'm heterosexual" rant shows that.
He got what he deserved.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think Op may be referring to the video posted in this thread:

Tolerance Bully ...

While I don't agree with the corporate stance of the Chick-Fil-A, this guy was wrong. Bullying a minimum wage worker that's just happy to have a job in this economy?

I don't support the corporate views of Chick-Fil-A, but, yeah, this guy was in the wrong.
And to top it off, he was the CFO, an executive at a company? Bullying a minimum wage worker?
He got was was coming to him, and I doubt he's smiling much and acting all cheeky now.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet. If he wants to be an arse that's his pejorative but to lose his job over this, is nothing short of politics. Not saying he was in the right, because I myself have dealt with it on my end, but for someone to get him fired, it's just wrong.

The trouble is he identified himself and his company in the video which he then put on the internet. Had he not drug his company into this mess by name, he wouldn't have been fired.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yes the guy was in the wrong. I'm not saying that.

But, should I turn around and do the same thing to the person who called me a "Racist" like a mad woman at my job to make him lose his job?

Doesn't make it right for me to go to his job and pull the same stunt. To stoop to his level of ignorance.

He was totally wrong in what he did, but what's his job performance like? Does he get his job done?

He got fired because of his job's image, not because of his job performance.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

The trouble is he identified himself and his company in the video which he then put on the internet. Had he not drug his company into this mess by name, he wouldn't have been fired.

Agree.

I didn't hear the company though.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

This Chick-Fil-A business is getting just smooth out of hand! The guy in question had no right to go venting on that poor girl- I think people on both sides of the fence can all agree on that.

I'm pretty much in the neutral zone when it comes to what the CEO said. Agree with him or not he has the right to believe and say what he likes whether anyone else likes it or not. I don't think it was necessary to make such a statement, but that was his choice. Same with the jerk who took out his verbal frustration on that poor employee.

Now I do not eat at Chick-Fil-A, never have. But now something is going on that bothers me- however not for the reasons you might think. Gay activists are planning a same sex "kiss-in" at the Chick-Fil-A restaurants today.

Gay rights activists to hold kiss protests at Chick-fil-a restaurants

Now I don't have a problem with anybody protesting anything that bothers them- that is their right. My problem is that I don't want to watch ANY large group of people kissing or making out in public. That includes heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. Call me a prude if you like, but I don't make out with my husband in public in front of other people's children and I would appreciate it if other people kept their own romantic actions private as well. I don't mind if someone gives their significant other a quick squeeze or a peck. but I don't want to see anything lingering going on. Call me old fashioned but that's the way I feel. I'm pretty sure that there are others who agree of all sexual preferences.

I understand it is being done for shock value, but I don't want to see it. I think that the gay community is getting their points across without having to resort to shock tactics. Many people are boycotting the restaurant chain already, and a lot of others never gave them their business to start with.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Doesn't matter, he was off the job and his performance has nothing to do with Chick Filet.

Does not matter if he reflected poorly on the company he works for or even just violated company policy with that video. Not every job just ends when you punch out and go home. He was a CFO, not a dockworker.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Where are all the freedom of speech supporters?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
While the guy was a douche and a bit self righteous, he did nothing to deserve being fired. He never said what company he worked for nor did he draw them into it. Realistically they could probably released him for something related to his job performance given his smug douchy attitude. The part that really bothers me is that he took it upon himself to make the fast food line longer and inconvenience people trying to get breakfast and going to work that have no opinion on this issue one way or the other.
edit on 3-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Yes the guy was in the wrong. I'm not saying that.

But, should I turn around and do the same thing to the person who called me a "Racist" like a mad woman at my job to make him lose his job?

Did you even read this story?

How the hell could you turn around and do the same thing to someone that called you a racist?
Read the story.

Doesn't make it right for me to go to his job and pull the same stunt. To stoop to his level of ignorance.

He was totally wrong in what he did, but what's his job performance like? Does he get his job done?

He got fired because of his job's image, not because of his job performance.

Yes, that is why he got fired.
What is your problem with it again? You seem to think he was the victim of someone when he did all this to himself.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they finally realized freedom of speech does not apply to getting beat up, fired, "speeched" back at, etc.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Freedom of speech protects you from GOVERNMENT interfering with your speech. Private individuals/companies are also free to disagree with you. Verbally assaulting this young lady after identifying himself, his company(where he is a C level executive), and then posting it on the web reflected very poorly on his company. They were entirely within their rights to can him. He deserved it imo.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

His right to speak was not violated, his company obviously does not want to be caught up in it and by naming his company he has in essence spoken for them out of turn and without authorization. Now he has enough time to sit around and put up as many childish youtube videos as he likes.

Why is it that if someone has a differing opinion in this country regardless of what it is we have to bash one another about it, why can we just not accept the fact that we are all different and have different views and belief systems?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I'm one.

He absolutely had the right to say it. No one stopped him saying it. He said it.

And with the right to say it comes the duty to accept the consequences of saying it, and now he has to do that.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to harass someone. Which is just what this guy did.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

As an employer, I have to say that this is incorrect. When you pay someone a salary, and they are a manager or above, you expect that they will behave dutifully at all times. While recieving Civil Treatment training many years ago, it was made clear that from a legal standpoint, while the manager may not be expected to work while "off duty", they are never "off duty" and must behave in a manner that is representative of the values of their company.

This guy, he was an officer of his company. As CFO, he had power over financial apparatus. Such behavior is counterindicative of the maturity, skills, worldview, and perspective of an officer of a corporation. It is more what you expect from some teen that lacks maturity, skills, worldview, and perspective.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
He had every right to express himself. I think were he ran into problems was he was so proud of what he had done. Not only did he video the encounter, but he also uploaded it to Youtube for bragging rights. I think that speaks volumes to his character. This type of behavior/attitude could have been a problem in the workplace too.

And the company also has to consider their image. I think the company just took the view that they do not want people who bully minimum wage workers and are so very proud of it representing their company.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join