It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Chick-Fil-A ban Menstruating women?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Is the Jesus of your trinity, Holy Spirit?

Is the Father of your trinity, Holy Spirit?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Is the Jesus of your trinity, Holy Spirit?

Is the Father of your trinity, Holy Spirit?

Did Jesus ever say He was the Holy Spirit? Or did He say all blasphemies would be forgiven men except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Also why did He tell His disciples it was good that He leave so the Spirit come? Was Jesus praying to Himself or calling out to Himself on the cross? Was He praying to Himself to please forgive the people who crucified Him? Was the Jesus boasting in pride of Himself when He was baptized or on the mount of transfiguration? Was Jesus praying to Himself and begging Himself that if there was another way to please let that cup pass from Himself, then ultimately deciding to do His own will instead of His own will?

How much of a complete schizo do you imagine our Lord and Savior to be?

edit on 9-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

If your Jesus is not Holy Spirit, is He really God?

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24-25 KJV)

"For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not." (Isaiah 30:15-16 KJV)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Answer my questions please. Minus the last line, I was just being flippant there. Also, please paraphrase Phillippeans 2:9-11 in your own words without God being comprised of 3 personages.
edit on 11-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Answer my questions please. Minus the last line, I was just being flippant there. Also, please paraphrase Phillippeans 2:9-11 in your own words without God being comprised of 3 personages.
edit on 11-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Well, there's that and all of Hebrews 1. Hebrews 1 we see Father and Son. Father is Spirit, but Son is more than Spirit because he has been seen, even before he came in the flesh of a man. So i am want to conclude the Father was wearing the Son like a garment, which explains why Jesus cried out when Father had fled from him when he took all our sins onto himself. It must have felt like having is soul torn from his body.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Did Jesus ever say He was the Holy Spirit?

Yes. He will come to us and has. Are you saying Jesus is not Holy or not Spirit?

Or did He say all blasphemies would be forgiven men except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

Yes again. Jesus was a man. Blasphemy against a man will be forgiven. Blasphemy against His Spirit will not.

Also why did He tell His disciples it was good that He leave so the Spirit come?

It was necessary for the crucifixion and resurrection to happen first. Jesus also said, "I will come to you" while still speaking of that same Spirit.

Was Jesus praying to Himself or calling out to Himself on the cross? Was He praying to Himself to please forgive the people who crucified Him? Was the Jesus boasting in pride of Himself when He was baptized or on the mount of transfiguration? Was Jesus praying to Himself and begging Himself that if there was another way to please let that cup pass from Himself, then ultimately deciding to do His own will instead of His own will?

I answered all of this before. Jesus is fully God, but is also fully man. He humbled Himself.

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:6-8 KJV)

How much of a complete schizo do you imagine our Lord and Savior to be?

Do you usually make fun of disabled people?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And he refused to answer Phillippeans 2:9-11. If God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ were one and the same the Greek would have only one definite article "the" in the sentence yet there are two definite articles. Based on sentence structure the writer is indicating two distinct personages of God.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

When He said it was good that He leaves so the Ruach ha Kodesh could come He had already resurrected with a glorified body. Please explain how He could come (as the Holy Spirit you say) when He already possessed a glorified risen body.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

And he refused to answer Phillippeans 2:9-11. If God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ were one and the same the Greek would have only one definite article "the" in the sentence yet there are two definite articles. Based on sentence structure the writer is indicating two distinct personages of God.

Well i'm glad you understand all those ancient languages, God must have been working overtime to give us a translation we could understand and get the gist of without knowing those ancient languages. Lending creed to him being the one who authored the scriptures because that message would have been garbled beyond recognition if he hadn't.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

And he refused to answer Phillippeans 2:9-11.

...or did I go eat dinner?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yes. He will come to us and has. Are you saying Jesus is not Holy or not Spirit?

See that's the interesting thing, we can see clearly from the scriptures that he was the Comforter, he came forth teaching that his death would bring us Sabbath forever, the Rest. The Son of Man was his flesh, the Son of God was his Spirit. So in that regard yes you are correct, technically he was the Holy Spirit who is also God. Jesus didn't stay in the grave because death holds no power over God.

John 14:15-18

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Jesus also said "I will not leave you orphans, i will come to you", which is a good indicator that he was speaking about his Spirit at Pentecost.

I get what you're saying. It's still trinitarian doctrine because He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. According to Isaiah the Son is His right arm, still a part of the Father, much like how my arm is a part of me, it's still me and anything i do with my arm is me doing it, because my arm is not autonimous, and the reason i add this analogy is for the unbeliever's reading because they would be totally confused by now so the analogy is for their benefit so they can keep following along and not think God has multiple personality disorder.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew
Also, please paraphrase Phillippeans 2:9-11 in your own words without God being comprised of 3 personages.

Phillippeans 2:9-11 causes no problems for the doctrine of one God. You have to remember Jesus is God and man. No pagan three god doctrine is needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew

I get what you're saying. It's still trinitarian doctrine because He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

It's not trinitarian doctrine. Jesus is only one of the trinitarian's gods. To me, Jesus is everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew
Also, please paraphrase Phillippeans 2:9-11 in your own words without God being comprised of 3 personages.

Phillippeans 2:9-11 causes no problems for the doctrine of one God. You have to remember Jesus is God and man. No pagan three god doctrine is needed.

That's a complete Greek fail. If the writer was saying the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ were the same person then there would be one definite article "the" (hu), however there are two definite articles "hu" signifying two distinct, separate, and unique/specific personages of God.

And stop straw manning, I've corrected you quite a few times that Trinitarians do not believe in 3 gods but 3 persons comprising ONE God. Like white light, it is one light and one color, yet is made of 3 different colors of
light.

There is only ONE God.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I get what you're saying. It's still trinitarian doctrine because He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

It's not trinitarian doctrine. Jesus is only one of the trinitarian's gods. To me, Jesus is everything.

We don't have "3 gods". You're purposely slandering and have been corrected numerous times. You cannot purposely misrepresent an opponent's position and argue that made up position you yourself concocted. That's a straw man argument.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well i'm glad you understand all those ancient languages, God must have been working overtime to give us a translation we could understand and get the gist of without knowing those ancient languages. Lending creed to him being the one who authored the scriptures because that message would have been garbled beyond recognition if he hadn't.

Greek and Hebrew are ridiculously detailed and precise and I think He did that by deliberate design so there would he no question as to what He meant. No chance of fudging up doctrine with lazy languages.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And he refused to answer Phillippeans 2:9-11.

...or did I go eat dinner?

That or you could have taken the cat for a dentist appointment, who knows. The only information I had was you did not answer it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

That's a complete Greek fail.

Not when you see the difference between God without humanity and God with humanity.

And stop straw manning, I've corrected you quite a few times that Trinitarians do not believe in 3 gods but 3 persons comprising ONE God.

Three persons is three gods.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No, three personages of one God. And not to be offensive, but you don't have a clue about the significance of the definite article in Greek do you?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No, three personages of one God.

You say that the Father is not the Holy Spirit and neither one was manifest in the flesh. That is three separate gods.

And not to be offensive, but you don't have a clue about the significance of the definite article in Greek do you?

Yes. I also know the difference between God without humanity and God with humanity.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join