It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Chick-Fil-A ban Menstruating women?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Using his statements concerning divorce as proof of his position on another matter that he did not in fact comment on is a fallacy.

Thank you. Awesome....totally agree....
but...NuT might want to know "which kind of fallacy." (No offense NuT, I know you like nice, clean labels
)

Okay, fine, it's I who wants to know which kind, as I'm only just beginning to get the hang of debating terms.....

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Leviticus is Old Testament. This is a way of showing what Jesus died for. Before Jesus the jews had to atone for sin through sacrifice. Leviticus shows that we all fall short of glory because we are in a fallen world. We could never be free from sin the way we were in the garden before sin was introduced. That is why God became man and sacrificed himself on the cross. Jesus taught us about love. Christians fall short too. Luckily we can repent of our sins in the name of Jesus and be saved.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkipoemz
reply to post by krossfyter

Leviticus is Old Testament. This is a way of showing what Jesus died for. Before Jesus the jews had to atone for sin through sacrifice. Leviticus shows that we all fall short of glory because we are in a fallen world. We could never be free from sin the way we were in the garden before sin was introduced. That is why God became man and sacrificed himself on the cross. Jesus taught us about love. Christians fall short too. Luckily we can repent of our sins in the name of Jesus and be saved.

sorry. what specific post of mine are u replying to?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Using his statements concerning divorce as proof of his position on another matter that he did not in fact comment on is a fallacy.

Thank you. Awesome....totally agree....
but...NuT might want to know "which kind of fallacy." (No offense NuT, I know you like nice, clean labels
)

Okay, fine, it's I who wants to know which kind, as I'm only just beginning to get the hang of debating terms.....

I believe it's equivocation...? Aw crap, are you seriously going to make me dust off *my* debating skills? LOL Let me go check. I'm rusty.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It appears I was wrong - it is actually false attribution, or more specifically fallacy of quoting out of context. (Equivocation deals with meaning of words). There are probably others that could also apply but that's the most obvious. I haven't dug into that level of detail in my arguments in about 15 years! (Damn I'm old). Generally I find citing the particular fallacy is only useful if there is any disagreement that the logic is sound for the argument. Otherwise you just end up sounding pedantic.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Chick-Fil-A does not support gay marriage. Basically this means Chick-Fil-A does not support the eventual demise of mankind. Gay couples cannot reproduce. If we support gay marriage then when are supporting an institution that cannot guarantee the survival of our species. Gays can't reproduce. Heterosexuals can. Why does nature have to be so bias?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeirdFuture77
Chick-Fil-A does not support gay marriage. Basically this means Chick-Fil-A does not support the eventual demise of mankind. Gay couples cannot reproduce. If we support gay marriage then when are supporting an institution that cannot guarantee the survival of our species. Gays can't reproduce. Heterosexuals can. Why does nature have to be so bias?

What a silly post. Gays can reproduce just fine. Ever heard of surrogates and sperm banks? Many heterosexuals use those as well.
Supporting gay marriage does not mean heterosexual marriage has to go away. Believe me, there will still be plenty of reproducing going on, regardless.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Christianphobics make themselves look like fools when they try to teach Christians what the Bible does or does not teach. Will they ever learn?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
Christianphobics make themselves look like fools when they try to teach Christians what the Bible does or does not teach. Will they ever learn?

right because all christians are at a consensus on everything in the bible! puuuuhlleeeze. so called christians can't even teach one of the greatest commandments of all "Love your neighbor as yourself”.

instead they teach HATE and INTOLERANCE.

someone needs to go back to school.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

right because all christians are at a consensus on everything in the bible! puuuuhlleeeze.

The true Church is united in faith and doctrine.

so called christians can't even teach one of the greatest commandments of all "Love your neighbor as yourself”. instead they teach HATE and INTOLERANCE.

Can you name one one God Christian from the time of Christ til today whom teaches hate and intolerance? Do note, followers of three god Babylonian based religions do not count as one God Christians.

someone needs to go back to school.

Why? Did you forget your books?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

well, obviously, the couple who was denied some tasty cake were --obviously gay? Prolly had something gay written on the cake? SO--the business made a call based on their beliefs--im not religious in anyway, but I do find the idea of gayness repulsive--its not for me--but to each their own. You must stop with the generalizations of such large groups--makes you sound ignorant.

Anyway, If a woman were obviously bleeding from the vagina--one could make the call that its a Public Health issue--so yes--they can ban said woman--but im sure there would need to be a combo of both obvious (blood) and a personal opinion (bible talk) about menstruating---

i know you are really reaching and really bored--but I decided to bite.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Can you name one one God Christian from the time of Christ til today whom teaches hate and intolerance? Do note, followers of three god Babylonian based religions do not count as one God Christians.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright (Obama's ex-preacher) and Pastor Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist church) just off the top of my head.
edit on 4-8-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

he said NO Babylonian religions-cant you read?

OH RIGHT people confuse Son with Sun all the time--christians and non christians alike.

Better learn that #!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Rev. Jeremiah Wright (Obama's ex-preacher) and Pastor Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist church) just off the top of my head.
edit on 4-8-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

They are not one God Christians. Feel free to try again.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejewThe true Church is united in faith and doctrine.

hey can you all keep the sunday school stuff on the low down around here? we are looking for steak not apple sauce.

hahaha

Originally posted by truejewWhy? Did you forget your books?

deflection tactic 4.2

edit on 4-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Dennislp3

That article you showed me is dancing around with semantics a bit much to really convince me of anything leaning towards it not being a problem.

Are you confident enough in your own personal interpretations to support denying rights for homosexuals?

Can you please show me one quote or statement I have made where I said I approve of denying rights to anyone? In fact I said I was against it...sooo not sure what convo you are part of.

In regards to being a "problem" I am speaking on the Biblical aspect of it being immoral/wrong/unnatural/sin/whatever you want to call it
edit on 4-8-2012 by Dennislp3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

For your information,Westboro baptist church is a family
of lawyers passing themselves off as a church!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

For your information,Westboro baptist church is a family
of lawyers passing themselves off as a church!

Nice combo!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Aw crap, are you seriously going to make me dust off *my* debating skills?

Me??? Oh, HELL no!!
I'm not interested in all those "terms".....
I just like a good, old-fashioned "spirited conversation".....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I just like a good, old-fashioned "spirited conversation".....

How "old-fashioned" are we talking? Ye old English? Grunting and cave art?
edit on 5-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join