It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Chick-Fil-A ban Menstruating women?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here is what the Bible has to say about homosexuality being wrong:

This comes from Leviticus:

18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

The first question one must have is whether Christians support putting to death homosexuals, or simply condemn them for their acts?

Anyway, moving on. Here is what Leviticus says about menstruation:

"And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even"

"Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness."

"And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people."

"But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, and hath not ... come near to a menstruous woman....."

The Bible is quite clear that we must not "come near to a menstruous woman".

It is quite clear that menstruating women are disgusting and a threat to anyone who even comes near them. Certainly not appropriate for a restaurant where normal people will be eating!

I think it's obvious Chick-Fil-A should ban these types, and have vaginal checks for every woman who enters, for the safety of other "clean" customers, of course.

The double-standards of Christians are astounding!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

It is quite clear that menstruating women are disgusting and a threat to anyone who even comes near them. Certainly not appropriate for a restaurant where normal people will be eating! I think it's obvious Chick-Fil-A should ban these types, and have vaginal checks for every woman who enters, for the safety of other "clean" customers, of course.
reply to post by humphreysjim

I really hope that you are being sarcastic here....

vvv

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I really hope that you are being sarcastic here....

I dunno, ask the Christians displaying the double-standard.

Who are we to pick and choose "God's word"?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Chic-fil-a has not "banned" anybody. Go buy a clue somewhere. Opposing gay marriage is not the same as refusing to serve any particular customer. Epic fail...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Chic-fil-a has not "banned" anybody. Go buy a clue somewhere. Opposing gay marriage is not the same as refusing to serve any particular customer. Epic fail...

I did not say they had banned anyone.

Opposition to gay marriage is primarily religious in nature. So, if we accept what Leviticus says about "the gays", we must accept what they say about menstruating women. Yes?

According to the Bible they are unclean. How is that suitable for a woman we are commanded to "stay away from" to be in a restaurant where others are eating? I am merely taking the Bible seriously - all of it, and seeing if others are doing the same (they aren't).

Do you reject parts of Leviticus? Would you be happy, after reading and accepting Leviticus, to sit next to a menstruating woman who is unclean and disgusting? Do you think homosexuals should be put to death, or merely barred from marriage?
edit on 3-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If Chik-fila has "spoken out" against gays because of the bible, then these issues should follow.

Deuteronomy 23:1

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Thats right, amputated penis is against their religion.

Leviticus 19:27

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

People that shave and cut their hair.

Leviticus 19:28

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

People with tattoos

Leviticus 19:31

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Wizards as well.

Exodus 21:17

And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Asshole children

Mark 10:11-12

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

People who have been divorced.

Exodus 31:14-15

"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to deat

People who work on Sunday

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you

People who have had sex before marriage.

I dont see Chik-fila speaking out against these sinners.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

When did Chik-a-fil ban anyone in the first place?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

dodging the issue tactic 2.0

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
If Chik-fila has "spoken out" against gays because of the bible, then these issues should follow.

You keep saying spoken out" (like many others), yet nobody spoke out. The president was asked a question about his stance on gay marriage (not gays) and he gave an honest answer. Why are you so militant about what other people's opinions are? You think people should all be forced to adopt your opinions?
edit on 3-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

How ironic that you're dodging the question. That's because the answer is, "they never banned anyone and this thread is a red herring".

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A lot of people will reject to another Chick-Fil-A thread. I just used that in the title because it is being hyped right now.

Really this is a "hypocritical double-standards Christians picking and choosing 'God's word'" thread.

It's much more fun to bash the gays than to stop eating bacon, or sleep in a different room to your wife when she's on her period, of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Where did I say they did? I am asking whether they should take the Bible seriously and protect customers from unclean women.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You keep saying spoken out" (like many others), yet nobody spoke out. The president was asked a question about his stance on gay marriage (not gays) and he gave an honest answer. Why are you so militant about what other people's opinions are? You think people should all be forced to adopt your opinions?

I want people's opinions to make sense and not be a double-standard.

Don't you?

Do you share God's stance on menstruating women? Would you be happy to eat near one, after reading and accepting the words in Leviticus?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
They can still admit menstruating women, but they must be sure to wash the seat she sat on and any surfaces she touched. And don't handle her money, since it will be unclean and if you touch it you will be unclean and will have to sit by yourself until the evening.

Gotta love bronze age hygiene laws

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

How ironic that you're dodging the question. That's because the answer is, "they never banned anyone and this thread is a red herring".

im sorry i believe the OP asked a specific question first. and your response dodged it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Except he has used his company to donate to Anti-gay hate groups. Maybe you should read the other threads?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Do you reject parts of Leviticus? Would you be happy, after reading and accepting Leviticus, to sit next to a menstruating woman who is unclean and disgusting? Do you think homosexuals should be put to death, or merely barred from marriage?

^^^^ above is the question again. any christian care to respond?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

BTW OP, S&F.

If he was going to be consistent, with the word of God, he should have donated to anti-womens rights groups, anti-tattoo groups, anti-wizard groups, anti-asshole children groups, anti- haircut groups, ect, ect.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

BTW OP, S&F.

If he was going to be consistent, with the word of God, he should have donated to anti-womens rights groups, anti-tattoo groups, anti-wizard groups, anti-asshole children groups, anti- haircut groups, ect, ect.

exactly. why do they like to pick and choose? didnt they do that with slavery and segregation?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

I want people's opinions to make sense and not be a double-standard.

Don't you?

Do you share God's stance on menstruating women? Would you be happy to eat near one, after reading and accepting the words in Leviticus?

I don't believe in organized religion.

That doesn't change the fact that you're intentionally misrepresenting facts and trying to advance false narratives.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join