It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How tall do you need to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How tall do you need to be in order to do a slam dunk in basketball?

Of course jumping ability comes into it, but an average height?

vvv

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I am 6,2" and I can almost dunk a basketball, I am like two inches short. A friend of mine is 5'7" and can dunk a basketball with ease. At my height I need 22" of vertical jump. I can only muster 20" lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I knew a 6'3" guy that could slam dunk, but like you said jumping ability has a lot to do with it.
edit on 3-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm 6'3 and i can dunk, but i also have a friend at 5'9 who can dunk. Height makes it easier as you don't have to jump as high but a decent amount of plyometrics training can help you achieve a very high vertical jump. Genetics plays its part aswell.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm 6'3" I have been able to dunk at various times in my life, I fluctuate in weight. Anything over 220 and I won't be throwing down. Under that and I can get up and dunk. A LOT more than height goes into it. In fact I personally know a guy who is 6'9" that can't dunk. While the shortest I've ever seen dunk in person was probably 5'4"-5'6" (and it was insane).

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a hoopla ball net is 10 foot, even if i was tall i couldnt be a$$ed to jump that high.
some people try to hard
edit on 3-8-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join