It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ew, skin colour.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
www.theroot.com...

What's Wrong With Liking 'Redbone Girls'?

The fact that many medium-to-darker-skinned sisters are often relegated to crowd scenes or get cameo appearances as merely freaky sex objects or sidekicks infuriates me, too. They rarely get a shot to shine as a love interest or leading lady in most videos, movies or television shows. This painful and humiliating trend needs to stop.

What about people with super pasty complexions?

-

I just read this article surrounding the controversy(?) about singer Eric Bennet song referring to "red boned" girls, which I didn't know what meant until reading the article. Black women with light complexions.

(Sorry I don't say "African American" as some black people may be reading this from overseas, and they sure as hell aren't American.)

I'm not black but I think I took a few jabs as a kid for skin tone being pasty. Never put much thought into it. Is this an issue because it's really an issue or just because people make it out to be one?

Can we finally move on and recognize people for their actions, character and worth or must we always (as a people) focus on things that aren't really relevant?

I think when you make controversy about such stupidity you are really only creating a problem. If two people grew up on an island somewhere with no other contact, (one being white, one being black)... the two of them wouldn't know the difference. They would no they were different, but it would only relate to how they look, act and treat each other.

In other words the rest is meaningless.

edit on 3-8-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Good thread Boncho.

I like this comment:

(Sorry I don't say "African American" as some black people may be reading this from overseas, and they sure as hell aren't American.)

Beyonce is a "Redboned" ghal.

She got bullied loads at school, whos the joke on now? aha. Good on her. (Even though I hate her for breaking up Destinys Child and Marrying JZ)

I'd love to be "Redboned", or Mixed raced, or Olive skinned.

Im white like porceline lol.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I like all shapes and sizes and colours and hues. Life would be so god damned boring if we were all the same. I've eaten things that taste like wood and others that ought to be in a horror movie and every time I experience another culture I feel like it adds something of value to my life.

On the other hand, people got to muck that all up by focusing on the most superficial thing you can observe in a person.

Dear lord, how we have come so far and not really moved at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

nothing wrong with that.

many guys like that

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

last night infront of the bar two older guys were trying to pick a fight with some mexican over personell issues(not a hate crime) i was in the immediate area eating pizza, as the two older dudes were walking away they looked at me, im native\portugese looking and since my skin is slightly darker and i have brown and black eyes they walk over to me and get in my face and ask "are you his homeboy" i replied "whos" and the situation diffused, but what got me was since i was the only person out of the large group of people in front of the bar that had a slightly darker complexion(beside the few black people) i was singled out because the target and I looked similar in complexion, this is the world we live in.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I was in London on the subway with my friends (an Asian and a Caribbean dude) and some local Brits had a fight in the train and the cops were called. As soon as they stepped into the train they grabbed my Caribbean friend, beat him up and handcuffed him. He was interrogated for close to 6 hours before they reviewed the CCTV.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Society views a lighter complexion as attractive. Most famous black women in entertainment are nearly all light skinned with fake non-African hair. Of course dark skinned women people are going to complain about being born less than attractive by default.

It's a lot easier to tan than bleach yourself.

Men are subconsciously attracted to fairer-skinned icons such as Nicole Kidman or Kylie Minogue because of the skin tone's association with innocence, purity, modesty, virginity, vulnerability and goodness. Women, on the other hand, pick men with darker complexions - such as film stars Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell or Jamie Foxx - because these are associated with sex, virility, mystery, villainy and danger.

Academics at the University of Toronto in Canada say their study proves the fair maiden of myth has a basis in scientific reality.

They studied more than 2,000 advertising photographs - chosen on the basis the models featured were considered among the most attractive people of the races and sexes - and found that the skin of white women was 15.2 per cent lighter than the skin of white males, and the skin of black women 11.1 per cent lighter than the skin of black men.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But anyway, any black person that complains about black men going with lighter skinned women are usually very fat ugly black girls who are jealous or they are racist.
edit on 3-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just another facet of division we get brainwashed into believing. Race, colour, creed. Mine's better than yours. While we all stand around bickering over which skin colour is the best we are having our freedoms stripped away.

I can tell you where I live in Aust there is dozens upon dozens of different races all together. I see even more every day visiting from other parts of the country and overseas. At the end of the day they are all people, and I love to hear all the different stories of where people are from and what their heritage is.

I've never heard of Redbone girls before, and let's face it, who cares. We're all human, regardless of the colour of our skin.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

nothing wrong with that.

many guys like that
what he said,it could be worse you could get an"essex glow".it seems cool to the brainwashed masses to think there is something wrong with white skin.seems like the blacks feel the same and its ok for them to say so.(try that the other way around,see how much your fine costs!)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by boncho

Just another facet of division we get brainwashed into believing. Race, colour, creed. Mine's better than yours. While we all stand around bickering over which skin colour is the best we are having our freedoms stripped away.

I can tell you where I live in Aust there is dozens upon dozens of different races all together. I see even more every day visiting from other parts of the country and overseas. At the end of the day they are all people, and I love to hear all the different stories of where people are from and what their heritage is.

I've never heard of Redbone girls before, and let's face it, who cares. We're all human, regardless of the colour of our skin.

i would say were mostly human lol

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

even so i get the chance to do an reptillian i will lol

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Yeah well, there is that.
Not to sound racist but....

I guess there are limits....

Actually more predominately in the north we have a cross of aboriginal and asian races are becoming very common. I can say the combination of both types makes for very beautiful people IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Society views a lighter complexion as attractive. Most famous black women in entertainment are nearly all light skinned with fake non-African hair. Of course dark skinned women people are going to complain about being born less than attractive by default.

It's a lot easier to tan than bleach yourself.

Men are subconsciously attracted to fairer-skinned icons such as Nicole Kidman or Kylie Minogue because of the skin tone's association with innocence, purity, modesty, virginity, vulnerability and goodness. Women, on the other hand, pick men with darker complexions - such as film stars Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell or Jamie Foxx - because these are associated with sex, virility, mystery, villainy and danger.

Academics at the University of Toronto in Canada say their study proves the fair maiden of myth has a basis in scientific reality.

They studied more than 2,000 advertising photographs - chosen on the basis the models featured were considered among the most attractive people of the races and sexes - and found that the skin of white women was 15.2 per cent lighter than the skin of white males, and the skin of black women 11.1 per cent lighter than the skin of black men.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But anyway, any black person that complains about black men going with lighter skinned women are usually very fat ugly black girls who are jealous or they are racist.
edit on 3-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Was it ever decided how Jacko did that? aha

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My wife and I just had a baby.

So, while in the hospital, I got to get know her nurses that were taking care of her and our baby.

I left her room to go to the cafe/gift shop down on the second floor.

When I came back. I had to buzz in so they could let me back onto the floor.

I pressed the buzzer. And the nurse who I just spoke to no more than 10 minutes before was all like "can I help you?"

And I replied " I'm here with my wife in 4109."

After a long pause and a "WTH?" type thought in my head.

The doors finally opened.

As I walked passed the nurses station, the nurse says to me "I'm sorry , the way the light was hitting you made you look Hispanic"

I was like Lolwut?

Then I say, "well, I am. "

She didn't say anything more.

I guess in this town you gotta be dark as hell to be "Hispanic".

Oh BTW. I live in Arizona.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The way humans are breeding nowadays I believe that eventually, all humans will be Red-Boned. The varied races of the world are linking up more and more and reproducing.

But we’ll still find ways to not get along with each other.

The human race will be still killing one another, but they be looking damn fine while doing so.

edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join