It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of "augmented reality" technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone interested in augmented reality watch this.

This is one of the most insane "previews" of how this tech may someday be used. And it's downright sinister.

Dreams turned to nightmares? You betcha.

(Slightly) better quality here: vimeo.com...

Seriously, watch this!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Can't get access to YouTube just yet, but I'll be book marking this for later!
Interesting.

Rustyy

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustyy

So highly recommended! It's both an awesome piece of film making and a VERY prescient look at some of the tech we'll be forced to deal with in the near future...

Get on board or be run over? Or disappear off the grid and escape into an un-augmented futurepast?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
S & F intresting video, I guess we will all be like that one day. All wired into one system.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwing
S & F intresting video, I guess we will all be like that one day. All wired into one system.

I think soooo many people are oblivious to this future and it's downright scary... and exhilarating..

Alll that info, but at the same time, viewing the world through someone else's eyes.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Something of that caliber could not, and would not occur unless an individual went about a full cyberbrain replacement. Eyes, don't control what we do.

Regardless, it was an interesting short film with brilliant cinematography and animation designs. I enjoyed their portrayal of the future, even if it was a bit dark. The problem is, we should not hook ourselves onto technophobia and metathesiophobia. We need to embrace certain things and work with them to ensure that proper safeguards are in place. Simply working against them and being frightened of them leaves certain technologies in the hands of individuals who hold nefarious plans for humanity. The best way to combat these things is to always stay abreast with technology.

Fear is useless.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I agree.. And disagree.

The US has a long and complex history of doing a great job innovating and then a poor job regulating innovation. Corporations have no intrinsic interest in protecting customers, if it means loss of profit, and when technology reaches a point of ubiquity it is impoosible for the majority of users to be truly "aware" of how the tech works, who owns it, and if the owners are trustworthy. Examples range from cigarettes to Facebook to Nike using slave labour and everything in between and on the fringes.

The fear I have is not of the technology, ever, but of the abuse of the technology and the obsequious nature of humanity.

And btw., you wouldn't need a cyber-brain. Assume it's connected to a network and only a screen displaying info. The rest of the "data" can come from environmental monitoring or other bits of add on wearable hardware.
edit on 3-8-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yeah the whole mind-control thing I don't see happening. If there was even one occurence it would make people abandon the technology in droves.

I would absolutely love to have something very similar to what's in the video though. Constant streaming data on your surroundings, realtime access to all the knowledge on the internet, for all intents and purposes full video game immersion. It'd be awesome!
)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

That bit is a stretch, but then again, remember that "gun" that disrupted people's ability to speak? If you have access to people's optic nerves... Who knows.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Why wouldn't he just have like an android gf who would do whatever he wants ha ha.

I was thinking about how stupid this was, about how I'd rather be dead that live in that kind of world. But in a weird way our grandfathers or ggf might have thought the same way about how we live right now with smart phones, facebook and other necessary evils.

Even a smart phone is about the first evolution of this. Gives you a lot of functions that others don't have on the fly. That's suppose to be a good thing. Just the part about the g==v tracking where you are via gsp, listening and recording your conversations, and watching you threw the front and back cameras, and spying on all your txt's and internet searches, thats' the part that kinda bothers me.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Oh, no...I meant the cyber brain would be needed for direct control of the individual. The most control over an individual possible with cyberized eyes is sensory management (upping or downing one's ability to perceive or what they perceive.)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm just waiting on my Holo Band from Greystone Industries

top topics

join