It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Wood Fairies Captured on Video!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ed Runninghorse is an amateur bigfoot researcher from Minnesota. He's been posting videos on YouTube of his almost daily expeditions into various forest preserves for at least 3 or 4 years.

Last week he was feeling down and went out into the woods at 1:30AM to try some spiritual healing and witnessed 2 white orbs floating around. He went back to that location a few days later (in daylight) and may have filmed another white orb!

Someone mentioned that the orbs were actually wood fairies...you be the judge;

The last 2 minutes of this video shows the footage in question but if you have time watch the whole video so you can hear Ed's story first hand.

I don't know what it is but it's definitely shining bright and giving off its own light, just like a wood fairy might look like I suppose. For the record, I've watched Ed's videos for years and he's an honest man...a little eccentric but a good honest man. I know he did not fake this sighting.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Looks like a bit of reflective material placed on a leaf or hung from a piece of fishing line or something.

Judging by the shadows on all the other leaves it seems it's the right angle for the sun to be coming from and reflecting off.

my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Isn't that the sun peeking through the trees?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Looks like sunlight reflecting off something on that leaf. On youtube it says he stopped filming and tried to walk towards it but it disappeared. Wish he would have kept filming and tried walking towards it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Embedding is disabled. I hate when people do that.

It might be a water droplet, it's a cool shot either way.

edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 03:41:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Clearly looks like the sun reflecting off of water. I bet you there's a river or lake behind all that brush. He got a good angle to catch it through the bushes.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

To be reflecting off water like that, wouldn't the sun have to be behind the bushes? To me it looks like the sun is slightly behind him by looking at the shadows on the other leaves.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Looks like a bit of reflective material placed on a leaf or hung from a piece of fishing line or something.

Judging by the shadows on all the other leaves it seems it's the right angle for the sun to be coming from and reflecting off.

my 2 cents.

It definitely could be some kind of reflective object reflecting sunlight but given the background story and the location of the object on a random leaf in dense brush it still deserves further investigation.

Hopefully Ed will revisit that spot again and either debunk his own video or capture more definitive footage.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

True. I should have stipulated that I merely skipped to the incident itself and know nothing of the back story.

So yeah, just my ill-informed opinion of the snippet of video

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That is a beautiful faerie

And the orbs near his hand are wood spirits also known as tree spirits.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Shimmering water is caused by the refraction of light. The sun hits the water at an angle and refracts (very brightly) off at the same angle. Being that it is pretty bright outside, I'd assume his video was shot sometime between 11am and 3pm. This would mean the sun is generally somewhat overhead. Anytime before 11am or after 3pm and I'd assume that the angle of incidence would be too great to cause such a focused refraction as seen in the video. You may be correct in saying that the sun looks a little bit behind him, but this would not make too much a difference.

Check out this picture and imagine that instead of some plants in the way, there are trees instead.

I live by a lake that I visit all the time. I can remember numerous times I've walked towards the lake and seen it glistening through the trees and brush. To mimic this video, I would just have to pick up my camera and zoom in on one of the "glistening spots" coming through the trees.
edit on 8/3/12 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Lol I don't think he could walk and film at the same time after watching him struggle to zoom in on the rIght object and not the bushes and shrubs by and around it. I was about to close the video it started getting annoying. But it is strange indeed. I dont think it was reflection from water. I do not think it was reflection from a leaf. What is it I have not a clue. And to also be there once before the video. Than to come back to try and film in that area again and actually film it the second time. I just don't see it being a reflection

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dipsezbaby
reply to post by taccj9903

Lol I don't think he could walk and film at the same time after watching him struggle to zoom in on the rIght object and not the bushes and shrubs by and around it. I was about to close the video it started getting annoying. But it is strange indeed. I dont think it was reflection from water. I do not think it was reflection from a leaf. What is it I have not a clue. And to also be there once before the video. Than to come back to try and film in that area again and actually film it the second time. I just don't see it being a reflection

I didn't watch the entire video so I don't know where he was or what the conditions were like but I know that if it were me I would have made an attempt to get closer while filming, especially if I thought it was something like an orb.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

I see the similarities but when he zooms out it looks like he was filming at an upwards angle. Plus the brush behind the "wood fairie" looks very dense with leaves.

He said it was moving around...and before he zooms in on it you can see it a few other times while he's trying to stabilize his camera. The sun does seem to be high in the sky if you look at the shadows in the video.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
if it was a fairy why was it not moving?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have to agree with the other posters It looks like something reflective like a water drop or something in the tree's leaves. Maybe even a strand of spiders silk catching at just the right angle.

In either event the guy sure looks a whole hell of a lot like Officer Garcia from Reno 911. Same hat, mustach and everything.

top topics

join