MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by getreadyalready
She is NO WHERE NEAR the first "African-American" (whatever that is) to win gold. There are real Africans dominating sports in the Olympics.

Get off it......she's the first black woman to win in her event in GYMNASTICS - read the post again

They didn't say "black woman."

If they had said THAT, I could have agreed with them! If she is indeed the first black woman, from any country, to win, then fine. But they said "African-American." What the hell is that?

If they had said "black woman," then all the black athletes could have gotten behind that sentiment and been happy for her, but if they call her an "African-American" the term has no meaning, and it is disgraceful to all the other black atheletes out there.

That is my issue. It isn't her race, it is the terminology that they used to celebrate it. Why not use terminology that is inclusive for the whole world?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thats actually quite an absurd notion...I wouldn't be surprised if you would also think its racist co call a black person black, a white person white...etc...

If it goes beyond physically describing a person then yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

You're way too caught up about race. Making this a big deal... pfft.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Link

Michael Phelps became the first male swimmer to win the same event at three successive Olympics when he clinched the men's 200 meters individual medley gold medal at the London Games on Thursday.

I suppose this should read (but it doesn't because it would be racist):

Michael Phelps became the first WHITE male swimmer to win the same event at three successive Olympics when he clinched the men's 200 meters individual medley gold medal at the London Games on Thursday.

link

Just minutes before Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympian of all time he gathered his American teammates in a huddle. First he thanked them for giving him the opportunity to swim for his 19th medal. He then asked them to allow him to anchor that swim for history with a very big lead.

Should read:

Just minutes before Michael Phelps became the most decorated WHITE Olympian of all time he gathered his American teammates in a huddle. First he thanked them for giving him the opportunity to swim for his 19th medal. He then asked them to allow him to anchor that swim for history with a very big lead.

How can racial divides be abolished if we constantly make it an issue. Why can't she just be an American. No that's right because this country is so poisoned with racial hate that we can't be one country. We have to be anything but Americans.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So what if an Asian American wins? Would the MSM tell the same story if that happened? Or has it happened? Honestly it doesn't ring a bell. I will google it thats for sure.
But there are other types of Americans out there other than African Americans. And I do not really recall ever hear a reporter do that at the olympics. Now I am just saying I do not recall. I want to google it, but I got the idea now and my computer sucks, and I want to finish this post then I can go and look it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

My issue here is that they call a black girl, born in the US, with US parents, an "African-American" on a grand stage where every country and continent is represented. How is she an "African-American?" She just isn't. There is nothing African about her.

I can't argue against ignorance like that.

Good god, this stuff has gotten out of hand

I'm sure it was much more enjoyable to you when only whites competed

Like it or not, Gabby made history...she IS the first AFRICAN AMERICAN and BLACK woman to win a gold medal in the women's individual all around.

It doesn't matter how much it bothers racist...she will always have that distinction and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it...except be so offended when someone states the fact.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

They didn't say "black woman."

If they had said THAT, I could have agreed with them! If she is indeed the first black woman, from any country, to win, then fine. But they said "African-American." What the hell is that?

She is both.

Get over it.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Those walls were already broken down when Dominique Daws made the damn squad a while back.

Did we all forget about Dominique?

Oh right...you already had your token black person...the are now 100% equal...so let's not acknowledge any other "firsts" for them.

Did Daws win the women's all around??? Oh that's right...it's enough that she made the squad and she was black...let's stop talking about it now.

Warped minds...it's frightening how many there are of you guys.

My mind is now warped because I don't care about race?

The point is brother, we are Americans. We kick ass in the Olympics.

It don't matter what color we are.

All that matters is that we win.

link   
White people from south africa that have moved to America are african americans... White african americans

these politically correct morons rigged the competition.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240

So what if an Asian American wins? Would the MSM tell the same story if that happened? Or has it happened? Honestly it doesn't ring a bell. I will google it thats for sure.
But there are other types of Americans out there other than African Americans. And I do not really recall ever hear a reporter do that at the olympics. Now I am just saying I do not recall. I want to google it, but I got the idea now and my computer sucks, and I want to finish this post then I can go and look it up.

Well I guess they do, and that kind of, in my opinion, settles that

First Asian American Olympian to Win Gold Turns 92, Recounts Practicing Diving into Sand Pit

Link

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You yourself are sounding dangerously racist against white people for some reason. Derp that is acceptable continue. What you do not realize is we are trying to defend her as an AMERICAN. Which if I am not mistaken, being born in Virginia allows for that distinction.

Continue with your merit-less banter.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Phelps was the first ever...no need to distinguish his race.

If Gabby goes on to break records...I doubt her race will be mentioned...because she will simply be the "first"...not the "first african american".

This is simple logic...but for someone who has racist beliefs...I'm not surprised that you don't get simple logic.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

You yourself are sounding dangerously racist against white people for some reason. Derp that is acceptable continue. What you do not realize is we are trying to defend her as an AMERICAN. Which if I am not mistaken, being born in Virginia allows for that distinction.

Continue with your merit-less banter.

Please provide a quote from me that is racist AGAINST white people.

Calling out racists does not make someone a racist...no more than calling out a murderer makes one a murderer themselves.

But it is a common defense used by racists who have been called out.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.

The point (i think) is why does it even need to be mentioned?

It's not disimilar to publicly patting a disabled person on the back for climbing a mountain... as though a black person really stepped outside of what black people are usually capable of.

People are people, a bit of melanin in the skin does not change the abilities of an individual.

or are they really commenting on African American culture?

And why do we need to add words like 'African' to the moniker? they aren't African. Africa is a place not a race, you can be white and be African, you can be black and be chinese.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Uza a racist racist uza racist..

Anyone who has a different view on the subjects aaaaa raaaaacissssst

UZA A RACIST

absurd

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So I am a racist because I think she is an American? I just want to clarify my position since you obviously know me better than I do....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You got me. I'm a racist. I was rooting for the Russian girl, because at least she was white.

Do you even know what race I am? Hell, I don't either!!

But I know there is some African in there, and some Scandinavian because my Dad was just diagnosed with some hereditary scandinavian hand disease, and I know there is a lot of Native American, because my great-grandfather was full-blooded Apache and lived on a reservation with his wife (who happened to be black). I know there is Irish and Scottish both, and I know we were related to both Sir Walter Raleigh and the French Hugonauts.

Do we know whether or not Gabby can trace her roots back to any real Africans, or do we just know her skin is dark?

My issue is not with her race, or with her winning, my issue is with Costas and NBC calling her the "first African-American" to win. That term is a useless term, it is offensive to me, and to black Africans, and it may or may not even be correct, they are just making assumptions based on her skin color. Isn't that the epitome of racism? Making assumptions based on her skin color?
edit on 3-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Do we know whether or not Gabby can trace her roots back to any real Africans, or do we just know her skin is dark?

Are you kidding me? Do you think she is just really really tan???

Tell me...where else do black skinned people originate from???

My issue is not with her race, or with her winning, my issue is with Costas and NBC calling her the "first African-American" to win.

Sure, whatever you say.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

We all came from Africa at some point.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Are you kidding me? Do you think she is just really really tan???

Tell me...where else do black skinned people originate from???

My issue is not with her race, or with her winning, my issue is with Costas and NBC calling her the "first African-American" to win.

Sure, whatever you say.

Some people from India are blacker than most of my black friends.

I know an Indian that's almost purple.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join