It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
It's all part of the agenda meant to keep up seperated into tiny controllable herds. It's easy to see really, if people would open their eyes. It's done a great job too, from my observations.

Completely agree with this. It is really obvious these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is sad. Who cares if shes black? Msm disgusts me

Also, african american is a term i will never use. Whens the last time this girl went to africa?
Im going to start using such terminology to describe myself. I am no longer white.

Im a little annoyed at people thinking im jewish too lmao.....

By the way why are black people always sticking things in their mouths? Wtf? Just sayin cause i see her medal in her mouth...lol

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They do the same thing with gays, religions, and physical and mental disorders.

I have noticed that there is an ever increasing thing to point out those with "ADHD" like they are mentally ill or something.

Hey folks, I want you to know, we all have a little ADHD in us. I have it, I took the Meds, Didn't like being the "zombie" they made me into, got off of them.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I am a native american american. Whoops, that's a bit redundant I think

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
actually considering people of african descent generally have a much higher bone density i think it is worth noting because it means it took that much more work and talent on her part to pull it off
no race is superior but its ridiculous to pretend they are all exactly the same

depts.washington.edu...
edit on 3-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I didn't really pay attention to this, but this morning when I got onto facebook, this really kinda upset me a bit, They had her picture and to celebrate, which is fine. But the "Group" of which that posted it. "I love being black" like really? Should I have a group called "I love being white"? Oh wait a minute that's right, then I would be called a racist.

Facebook group link

To me it's just an ignorance thing. Like the other day I was on the highway and this guy had a giant poster on the back of his Prius that said "UR 2 CLOSE" and even though I was more than 2 seconds away he was still trying to brake check me. So after I passed him to not deal with it, he began to ride directly behind me. To me it's the same kind of thing.

So, because I can handle this "Prius" without being called anything I care about, we managed to get off on the same exit so I got back behind the guy and at the next stop light I calmly and politely, got out of my car took that stupid poster off, and stuck it on his windshield and told him, NOW YOUR TO CLOSE. And took off. I wish I could handle all of lifes problems like that.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Lol now you will get called a racist.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Originally posted by phroziac
By the way why are black people always sticking things in their mouths? Wtf? Just sayin cause i see her medal in her mouth...lol

Um, it's a joke. Historically people would bite gold to see if it was soft to verify that it was really gold. And give me a few examples of black people "always" sticking things in their mouths...I never noticed this.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm an American.

I actually rooted against her so I wouldn't have to hear it.

I told my wife 15 minutes before she won that they would say she's the first African American to win it.

I thought we were just Americans at the games.

So we just started clowning on her.

Like "She won it for Whitney Houston!"

"She won it for Obama!"

"She won it for Eddie Murphy!"

Lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Sinny
Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.

Actually you are wrong. People like the OP didnt make a deal out of it. People like the OP did not see a black person with a gold medal. People like the OP saw just a person. It wasn't until the Media made a big deal about the fact that she was Black that her race was even noticed.

I personally like what Morgan Freeman had to say on the subject.

Asmuch as i usually agree with you, everyones missing the point that the "Media" didnt make a big deal out of it, the commentator made the comment.

And it was used only in a positive sense.

I feel like hitting my head up a brick wall lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I'm an American.

I told my wife 15 minutes before she won that they would say she's the first African American to win it.

"She won it for Obama!"

Lol.

She won it for her self, a proud female African American.

I also think its the commentators *job* to supply statistics, it was mentioned *purely* because it was the FIRST African American to win the competition, I'm sure the second time round, it wont be mentioned.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.

Actually you are wrong. People like the OP didnt make a deal out of it. People like the OP did not see a black person with a gold medal. People like the OP saw just a person. It wasn't until the Media made a big deal about the fact that she was Black that her race was even noticed.

I personally like what Morgan Freeman had to say on the subject.

Excellent!

Totally agree with that man.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm an American.

"She won it for Obama!"

Lol.

Of course she won it for herself.

And probably as a proud American.

It's the MSM that makes her "African American"

During the opening ceremony , why wasn't the American group called the "African Indian Mexican Irish English German Italian Scandinavian Scottish American" team?

It's BS.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Because white people never fail to remind black people that they are black. And because of oppression, a female being able to beat teh odds and be successful is a wonderful thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm caucasian - BUT Gabby's race never even occurred to me until the moderator/interviewer mentioned it - which BTW was immediately following Gabby's remarks about giving all the glory and honor to GOD who then showers her with all the blessings of her olympic achievements - The (white female) interviwer passed over that (mention of God) with narry a word or a thought about it - INSTEAD she jumps to RACE - SHAME ON HER - AND HER EMPLOYERS

I only hope she refutes all the "baiting" she will be subjected to in the coming days.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell/check

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just another disgusting racist thread on ATS.

Look at all the racist outraged that she is being HONORED for being the first African American athlete to win...yes...it is a big deal...it breaks down walls and shows that America is still making steps towards equality.

But...I bet the OP and all the others that are "outraged" by this are just fine pointing out someones race when it comes to crime.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

To be honest, I'm not a big Gabby fan. The "win-win" comment between her and God, and the several interviews I've seen where she says she knew she did her best, and she thought it was good enough to win, and the "smile" that the announcers are so enamored with just don't appeal to me. I don't like her very much, but I'm glad she brought home gold for the US.

It has nothing to do with race, she just doesn't seem as humble as the other girls on the team. Hell, Michael Phelps seems just as humble, or possibly even moreso than Gabby. I think she is a hell of an athlete, and I'm glad she's on our team, but her interviews do not help me like her in the least bit. She'd be better off just letting her performance talk for her.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Isn't it strange when you think about it? Being "the first african american person to" used to be something to be a phrase to be proud of, but now the fact that people are still saying it and it's not on the majority of people's minds it, becomes kind of a shame.
edit on 3-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm an American.

"She won it for Obama!"

Lol.

Of course she won it for herself.

And probably as a proud American.

It's the MSM that makes her "African American"

During the opening ceremony , why wasn't the American group called the "African Indian Mexican Irish English German Italian Scandinavian Scottish American" team?

It's BS.

Seriously, we're going round in circles here, she's not just American, She's an African American, and she propbley holds Africa close to her heart also.

I'm a Brit but I'm an Irish one.

And ill state it when ever I can

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Just another disgusting racist thread on ATS.

Look at all the racist outraged that she is being HONORED for being the first African American athlete to win...yes...it is a big deal...it breaks down walls and shows that America is still making steps towards equality.

But...I bet the OP and all the others that are "outraged" by this are just fine pointing out someones race when it comes to crime.

She is NO WHERE NEAR the first "African-American" (whatever that is) to win gold. There are real Africans dominating sports in the Olympics.

ITS THE OLYMPICS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

There are people there from every race and nationality in the world! It is not any kind of accomplishment for an American of a different color to win on that stage, because that stage has people from every race, creed, color, and nationality!! THAT IS KIND OF THE WHOLE POINT of the games isn't it?

Making a big deal out of a black American is discounting the efforts of every other black athlete in the Olympics.

I was watching the Costas thing last night with my buddy from Armenia, and another buddy that is an ex-NFL player and black, and my Mom who is as white and rural as one can be, and we were all sitting there with our jaws on the floor. We couldn't believe what he was saying. All that stuff about her being the first "African American" was completely out of line in the context of a world-wide event like the Olympics.

Does anyone here suppose the "Africans" were proud of Gabby? Was the Nigerian Team happy for her? Egypt? Tunisia? What part of "African-American" were the Africans supposed to not be offended by? Gabby is no more African than I am, but there are real Africans there competing!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join