It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You only have to ask yourself one question to see what is driving the anger behind this.

Who is upset about it?

Is Gabby upset about it....no. Is her family...no. Is the African American community...no.

Are white people upset about it....YES.

Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I am of extremely mixed heritage but I am ALL AMERICAN!
second

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i think most of you are missing the point. gabby won the gold in a sport historically dominated by white people in the usa. just like if an african american were to win gold in swimming yes i would consider it a big deal. people were making a big deal when jeremy lin was doing well in the nba, because historically asians are not dominant in the nba. as an american i am very proud of gabbys accomplishments. as a minority (hispanic) i am proud of her and jeremy lins accomplishments given that they did break down the racial barriers in their given sports.

so dont hate, appreciate

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Wow talk about exaggerating. What exactly is wrong with noting differences in race??? Would you prefer that each of us pretend to not notice a difference between blacks, asians, whites - and among whites - those of a more olive tone, or the freckled ones???

Racial distinction is a beautiful thing and I find absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever noting that she is the first black woman to win this particular event.

People need to understand something. Human beings AREN'T homogenous creatures; and even more subtly, the reality before ISN'T and should never be reduced to some monolithic blob of similarity. People CAN note and appreciate differences WITHOUT carrying racist notions. Just as reality CAN be be perceived in it's primal unity EVEN AMIDST a wonderland of differentiation. To ignore differentiation would be to miss something important: there are Americans, but there are also americans of different cultural backgrounds, representing an ethnic minority; whether as african american, chinese american, east Indian American; these groups deserve notice and recognition.

To go too far into either direction - complete whitewashing of differences (whether racial, moral, social, cultural etc) or complete racism, is a distortion of the simple truth. Unfortunately, people in the former category don't realize the insidious agenda running beneath their utopianism of blurring all differences - moral, ethnic etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)

Is she? She could be Carribean for all I know.

I agree with the OP. She's American, she's representing America, her medal has been added to the American tally.

The Use of African/American serves one purpose and one purpose only, to divide.

I have yet to see any atheletes labled as Caribean/American, Scottish/British, African/Swede, American/Asian.
or any other combination...and howfar back do you go?

"Here we have the first ever Anglo/Irish/Italian/Celt to ever win".......etc

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Originally posted by Sinny

But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)

Is she? She could be Carribean for all I know.

I agree with the OP. She's American, she's representing America, her medal has been added to the American tally.

I have yet to see any atheletes labled as Caribean/American, Scottish/British, African/Swede, American/Asian.
or any other combination...and howfar back do you go?

"Here we have the first ever Anglo/Irish/Italian/Celt to ever win".......etc

Someone with common sense!
Here here

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You only have to ask yourself one question to see what is driving the anger behind this.

Who is upset about it?

Is Gabby upset about it....no. Is her family...no. Is the African American community...no.

Plain and simple.

I agree with the OP 100%. It's disgusting. The MSM and assorted social groups are always demanding that we must be color blind, yet THEY are absolutely OBSESSED with color. To deny it would be lying.

As for Gabby, she's obviously a very sweet kid and it was nice to see her take the gold. I knew as soon as it happened that it would be less than 24 hours before the MSM made a big to-do about the fact that Gabby is black. (Like we wouldn't have known had they not told us!) Some of the comments the press made were idiotic beyond belief.

Do you see my point? The people who claim to be most opposed or most sensitive to racism
are the very ones who are utterly, totally, and completely obsessed with race.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Are you African American?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by TsukiLunar

So does this mean, that when you realize people are of another race, that you don't feel as "close" to them?

Did this come off as a rhetorical question? I want it answered.
edit on 4-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

I will ask again.

What about acknowledging someone of another race makes you feel like like this is a "division"?? Why, after knowing her her race, do you feel "not as close" to her?? Why does calling her "African-American" make you feel "separate" from her??

Someone answer!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

Who is upset about it?

Plain and simple.

I agree with the OP 100%. It's disgusting. The MSM and assorted social groups are always demanding that we must be color blind, yet THEY are absolutely OBSESSED with color. To deny it would be lying.

As for Gabby, she's obviously a very sweet kid and it was nice to see her take the gold. I knew as soon as it happened that it would be less than 24 hours before the MSM made a big to-do about the fact that Gabby is black. (Like we wouldn't have known had they not told us!) Some of the comments the press made were idiotic beyond belief.

Do you see my point? The people who claim to be most opposed or most sensitive to racism
are the very ones who are utterly, totally, and completely obsessed with race.

Lol outkast will never agree with you on this. That person has alot of hate in their heart.
Hopefully someday he will break free from the mentality

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Lol outkast will never agree with you on this. That person has alot of hate in their heart.

No hate hear friend...I love the fact that Gabby is being celebrated as the first African American to win gold in the women's individual gymnastics.

No you and others that are upset and uncomfortable that Gabby is able to celebrate this...there seems to be some hate going on there...even though you try to hide it with "concern".

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Lol outkast will never agree with you on this. That person has alot of hate in their heart. Hopefully someday he will break free from the mentality

I take pride in my heritage, does that mean I have "hate in my heart"??

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No hate hear friend...I love the fact that Gabby is being celebrated as the first African American to win gold in the women's individual gymnastics.

No you and others that are upset and uncomfortable that Gabby is able to celebrate this...there seems to be some hate going on there...even though you try to hide it with "concern".

I am happy for her as she is a very talented girl and clearly works hard. It's sad that some people only want to celebrate her because she's black. If she was caucasian, it would be a totally different outcome.
Self segregation makes me sick to my stomach. It's 2012, grow the f up

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I agree with the OP on this one.
This reminds me of the interview with Morgan Freeman's view on black history month.
A lot of people here don't see anything wrong with MSM mentioning her being the first African American. I think that is because most of the people have been so used to it, they dont see how something this little can be of any problem. And others, just don't give a damn about it as well. It's not that big of a problem, but I would agree that the MSM shouldn' be all over this. This segregation needs to stop. All I see here is a proud athletic American woman.

If anyone has ever seen the Morgan Freeman video here it is. Hopefully you will see the point.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

When you get up in the morning, how do you move??? Are you so immoral as to decide to move your left leg forward over your right?
? And do you have specific places you want to go?? What about other places!? Why are you discriminating? Why are you dividing reality for!?

Reality = differentiation + unity; to emphasize one over the other is to distort reality. People like you - with your absolutist moral, ethnic etc whitewashing of reality - a view of reality that exists only in thought and not in fact - are truly dangerous people. It's your attitude of All or nothing - as if one can only live one way - can only acknowledge unity and reject any differentiation - that's the source of so many problems today.

Reality is two. The two together become one - but they must be seen as two sides of the same coin, cooperating. Doesn't matter how much you would like it to be different, to go against the grain, to deny the wisdom embedded in natures logic - in it's dualism, of the godhead present with the created order - is a sin against God and a affront against His creation.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I am happy for her as she is a very talented girl and clearly works hard. It's sad that some people only want to celebrate her because she's black. If she was caucasian, it would be a totally different outcome.
Self segregation makes me sick to my stomach. It's 2012, grow the f up

Who said people aren't also celebrating her talent???

You seem to live in a black and white world...which would explain your racial tendencies.

link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Indeed it does; to remember something in the past is to discriminate against the present! How dare you divide reality!

link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Lol outkast will never agree with you on this. That person has alot of hate in their heart. Hopefully someday he will break free from the mentality

I take pride in my heritage, does that mean I have "hate in my heart"??

If you are white, then yes, according to the new left

link   

Who is upset about it?

Plain and simple.

Actually you are right. And white people SHOULD be upset about it....as well as blacks, hispanics, irish, etc...every race should be upset about the fact that:

Gabby was singled out because of her race and referred to as a "black American" and an "African American" by the media.

Jordyn Wieber, her teammate was NOT singled out by her race, she was NOT referred to as a "Lebanese American" by the media.

Michael Phelps was NOT singled out by his race, he was NOT referred to as a "Caucasian American" or "white" by the media.

You see? Why not label every athlete by their race? If you are going to do so for one of them, you must do so for ALL of them. What makes the media think that they only must label "blacks" or "African Americans".

It seems as though most people are so brainwashed by the media that they cannot see what is happening.

link   
reply to post by Sinny

If Michael Phelps came on TV and said "I'm the first Caucasian American to win this many gold medals'
people like you would be foaming at the mouth and Photoshopping swastikas on his face.

You're just being a hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join