It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
In fact there is a distinction in "race" across the world. Generally we are all categorised into either "Asian", "White" or "Black"... or "Mixed".

None of these are specific, and all seem to be mentioned in relation to the Olympics, "White" the least so, because the Olympics is seen historically as a "White" event, so just saying Olympian carries the historical connotation of being "White".

Inside these general groupings there are many break-downs, from Malaysian-Chinese, Aboriginal-Australian, African-American, Brazilian, Chinese, etc...

Sub-categorisation, without degradation is NOT being racist, it is just defining the facts.

Thank you! Some commen sense.

On that note, this arguments been exhausted, I'm ofsky to talk about Aliens somwhere for a change of subject lol.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
In fact there is a distinction in "race" across the world. Generally we are all categorised into either "Asian", "White" or "Black"... or "Mixed".

None of these are specific, and all seem to be mentioned in relation to the Olympics, "White" the least so, because the Olympics is seen historically as a "White" event, so just saying Olympian carries the historical connotation of being "White".

Inside these general groupings there are many break-downs, from Malaysian-Chinese, Aboriginal-Australian, African-American, Brazilian, Chinese, etc...

Sub-categorisation, without degradation is NOT being racist, it is just defining the facts.

So you value self segregation, but when it's in opposition of your "values" you call racism?
Not trying to be rude I'm just posing an honest q

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Well, here's to problems with your point of view.

If race doesn't exist and we are all the same, why am I white, and my best friend black?!

Shouldn't we look the same?

Granted about white being an attritube, I was using the term loosly instead of using Anglo-saxon.

And, if you don't like the term "African American" etc etc... Hadn't you better change the PC of your country? And take it up with the government? Once again, ill point you to the Census' we fill out on a yearly basis that demand you fill in your ethnicity.

Do you look the same as a man?
Would you say a man is a different race than you?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

OK... so who exactly are these elitist overlords you speak of?

I haven't personally attributed blame anywhere, i have just been trying to highlight the complex social issues that lead to an individual reporter using a sub-categorisation to define someone on a global stage, and not just reduce it to a "race" issue, like some in this thread.

.. and you're right, it is often semantics that leads to disagreement.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Common sense eh? So why then was Phelps not referred to as the "First white Olympian to win 21 medals" ?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

ill point you to the Census' we fill out on a yearly basis that demand you fill in your ethnicity.

And what is the point of the census?
Maybe you should consider the census as part of the problem.

African is not an ethnicity, neither is American.
They both refer to continents.
Within those continents you have different nations.

So what kind of ethnicity is African-american.
If you understand it so well, describe a person who is african-american.
What does that mean in your own words.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

I don't value self-segregation, though it is an option for many individuals. I value uniqueness and personal history. By definition, that means that we all come from a slightly different place, and that should be highlighted and cherished. Unfortunately there are those that see that as racism, rather than just the facts of an individual.

Interestingly, despite all of the calls of racism in this thread, I have actually seen very little real racism displayed here (which is promising for the world)... what I do see, as you mentioned, is semantics and inflamed emotion.

Good luck to you all!...

... and congratulations Gabby Douglas on a great achievement!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by Sinny

Common sense eh? So why then was Phelps not referred to as the "First white Olympian to win 21 medals" ?

Put this in your pipe and smoke it :

www.thesportreview.com...

And I've already addressed your question twice. Look back.

Your officially insane.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and exspecting different results

edit on 4-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Well, here's to problems with your point of view.

If race doesn't exist and we are all the same, why am I white, and my best friend black?!

Shouldn't we look the same?

Granted about white being an attritube, I was using the term loosly instead of using Anglo-saxon.

And, if you don't like the term "African American" etc etc... Hadn't you better change the PC of your country? And take it up with the government? Once again, ill point you to the Census' we fill out on a yearly basis that demand you fill in your ethnicity.

Do you look the same as a man?
Would you say a man is a different race than you?

Yes. Same race, different sex and level of hormones. Really, your clutching at straws now

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
wow thats pathetic

hopefully yall can join the 21st century soon and leave out your hate for us

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

ill point you to the Census' we fill out on a yearly basis that demand you fill in your ethnicity.

And what is the point of the census?
Maybe you should consider the census as part of the problem.

African is not an ethnicity, neither is American.
They both refer to continents.
Within those continents you have different nations.

So what kind of ethnicity is African-american.
If you understand it so well, describe a person who is african-american.
What does that mean in your own words.

Already addressed, ask you Gov, not me!

Really guys, I do try my best to be a good sport and reply to all, but can we stop repeating and repeating, PLEASE!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Interesting....not an Olympic event, and no mention of Phelps achievement....also not what is considered a "MSM" source such as NBC...but I am almost shocked lol!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I really do believe this is a much exagerated thread. We live in an overly PC world, where you can't say anything without upsetting someone. I think its going too far to speak on her behalf. If you follow the commernatery on all of the events, you will hear stats pulled out from every athlete, and competing nation. If you want to pick on something, either race, sex or whatever, then you will find something. I believe that is just the conditioning of this PC / Blame world we live in.

She is, and should be proud of her achievment. She should also be proud of her background, and be proud to be an inspiration to everyone back home.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by Sinny

Interesting....not an Olympic event, and no mention of Phelps achievement....also not what is considered a "MSM" source such as NBC...but I am almost shocked lol!

So its only important if its an Olympic event, and is published by Rupert Murdoch and friends? Now your intoducing double standards.

In regards to Phelps, his race need not be mentioned because no other race has contended him. For the 3rd time

Do that settle it?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallpaul1984
I really do believe this is a much exagerated thread. We live in an overly PC world, where you can't say anything without upsetting someone. I think its going too far to speak on her behalf. If you follow the commernatery on all of the events, you will hear stats pulled out from every athlete, and competing nation. If you want to pick on something, either race, sex or whatever, then you will find something. I believe that is just the conditioning of this PC / Blame world we live in.

She is, and should be proud of her achievment. She should also be proud of her background, and be proud to be an inspiration to everyone back home.

WRONG. Whites are never exxagerated in the PC realm of the media

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Yes. Same race, different sex and level of hormones. Really, your clutching at straws now

You asked a question by looks, nothing else. And I have no idea what you or your friend look like.
I would think you look more like your darker skinned friend than a male.

If all you are doing is separating people by looks to call them races, you got problems.

Because to me, a difference in race (not breeds) means you cannot procreate with another race.
Like you and an alien cannot conceive babies, no matter how hard you try.
A cat cannot mate with a dog,

So are you saying you cannot mate with someone outside your race? As is, a human from another country with a different hair type and skin color?

Now let me ask you something. Would a person born in Ireland, UK or Anglo-saxon call themselves white?
Would someone born in Italy, Greece or Iran? Do they all have the same skin color? Hair type? Are they different races?

edit on 4-8-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Already addressed, ask you Gov, not me!

Really guys, I do try my best to be a good sport and reply to all, but can we stop repeating and repeating, PLEASE!

If you are a US citizen you are your government. And you brought it up.
So you should be able to address it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You asked a question by looks, nothing else. And I have no idea what you or your friend look like.

If all you are doing is separating people by looks to call them races, you got problems.

Because to me, a difference in race (not breeds) means you cannot procreate with another race.

So are you saying you cannot mate with someone outside your race? As is, a human from another country with a different hair type and skin color?

Now let me ask you something. Would a person born in Ireland, UK or Anglo-saxon call themselves white?
Would someone born in Italy, Greece or Iran? Do they all have the same skin color? Hair type? Are they different races?

Sorry to butt in, great questions but I think this person is pulling your tripod.. They don't really care about the truth or equality.
It's very sad, but they have a deep connection with this political ideology

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 4-8-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

I gave you all the infomation you needed. She's black I'm white, I was clearlt talking about skin colour, not hair styles! Aha

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Sorry, could never come to grips with this African American thing.. Why are they just not Americans,like everyone else, does it matter what colour your skin is ? I was born in England and have lived in Australia for the lasr 40 years, I don't consider myself as a Brit Aussie, no such thing..

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join