It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This fits perfectly in with the view of the global proletariat and their little minions who will be thrown under the bus once their purpose is fulfilled. They view most of the athletes as STOCK not as blessed and patriotic members of their "Host" country. Rome vol2/?
Some of these athletes LIVE for these opportunities and are taken advantage of.

Anyways, we shouldn't blame the athletes for the choices politicians make.
I still can't believe what some of the young gymnasts and athletes are doing with some passion, a body and ingenuity.
How they do flips on a balance beam is beyond me!
Peace

ps: this racist/ political trolling is everywhere these days and it's directed at whites mostly. So called racial minorities are stereotyped but with us whites, it has a bitter and negative tone to it. They love to imply that white women should just give up on us

I watched some of the movie with harold and kumar only to turn it off after a few minutes. They really need to get some new material because the whole "bash whitey" isn't funny at all. Who knew kal penn was a political troll? I didn't. Not really surprised though as these hollywood fakes need to be politically inline to keep their street cred
edit on 4-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. It's ridiculous.

Why can't they just let her have her moment without injecting all the racial nonsense? She's AMERICAN. They wouldn't say so and so is the first Irish-American to win gold, or so and so is the first Jamaican-American to win gold.

The MSM has a fixation with race in this country. Every other week on CNN you have another "Black in America" or "Latino in America" segment.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 4-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by AutOmatIc

You are exagrerrating. At least they didn´t use the N-word. And saying it was an african american is like saying it was a swede or german, really. If sweden never won a specific gold and now did, don´t you think they would state it was the first swede to do it? Or the first European, or the first Asian etc.

I think most people should be satisfied as long as they don´t use the N-word, going farther than that is just ridiculous.

What!? Seriously?

First you say "At least they didn´t use the N-word."
At least? And who are we supposed to thank for that?

Then you say: " saying it was an african american is like saying it was a swede or german,"
What a profoundly stupid statement to make.

If she came from Egypt, what would you call her, African Egyptian?
Would you call her African German if she was born in Germany?
And if her parents and grandparents came from the US, would you call her African American Egyptian?

The OP is right, many of you guys simply cant see the forest through the trees. You have been "programmed" &
"brainwashed"

edit on 4-8-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
How about the first Islamic Woman to win a Gold Medal from a hard-line Islamic country, or even make it into the Olympics? Really... there is no difference.
Muslim women who overcame the odds and the prejudice
Muslim women mark their Olympic mark

When coming form a place of recent persecution, regardless of how you may view it, the preceding prejudice is often a defining factor for the individual, and to the media. To pussy-foot around, and be politically correct is to undermine and ignore a sub-groups history.

I don't see this as MSM being devious, merely following a social meme created by circumstance in the US.

The US has a long history in the race arena, and that history is what has made this an issue... for better or worse.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is one of the most interesting threads that I have seen so far on Above Top Secret. The strangest part of this thread is how you had to point out that this actually happens and that I somehow completely miss it.

Why isn't Michael Phelps heralded as the first WHITE athlete to win 21 medals in the Olympics?

Yet Gabby Douglas is mentioned as ..."Gabby Douglas made Olympic history Thursday by becoming the first black gymnast to win the all-around gold medal." -NYMail

Being the first WHITE athlete to win 21 gold medals? Or is it when a white person accomplishes something they are just an American but blacks are AFRICAN Americans so you must pay extra special attention to their feats? Is this what the Main Stream Media wants us to do? Am I being freaking brainwashed?

I don't like this one bit. Not ONEEEEE bit.

How the hell did I not see this before? I feel awakened like you have opened up my eyes.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The best way to combat racism is to ignore the very concept of race. I think modern anti-racism activists do more harm than good by constantly putting race into the spotlight.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
The best way to combat racism is to ignore the very concept of race. I think modern anti-racism activists do more harm than good by constantly putting race into the spotlight.

Agreed, the modern "anti racists" like the naacp or black panthers are just instigators for political "change" aka more of the same.
It's not good for business

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

She is American plain and simple. She was born in America not Africa. Maybe her great great great grandma or grandpa were born in Africa and moved here and took American citizenship and have duel citizenship and whala there you have your African American. The prez by the way isnt the first black prez, and yet he uses it to his advantage. He did have a mother right? I guess what Im trying to say you are either human or your not. United we stand divided we fall. Race should never be an issue.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DirectDemocracy

Michael Phelps is heralded as the first "Olympian" to achieve something, regardless of his characteristics... just as Carl Lewis was heralded as the first Olympian to run under 10 seconds in the 100m (race wasn't raised, from memory).

If there had only been a black person to win 21 medals before him, then chances are that when he did it, he would be heralded as the first "White" man to achieve it.

The "first" of anything is always heralded in the Olympics. Only after there has been a first do something does sub-categorisation begin.

Here is a list of firsts from the Olympics:
Olympic Firsts

As you can see there are many firsts related to all types of charecteristics, from race to gender, to political alignment.

The great thing about the Olympics is that generally it is an open and honest arena. It's only threads like this that make an issue of the facts.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

So you are saying that Michael Phelps being the very first WHITE Athlete to win 21 gold medals should only be reported as Michael Phelps is first OLYMPIC Athlete to win 21 medals?

But you are perfectly fine with Gabby Douglas being the first AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK person to win a gold in gymnastics?

I am not understanding this line of reasoning and thinking at all? Why can't white people be just as proud of their race and achievements as white people that black people are encouraged to do?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by Sinny
Aha, OP just got *owned* by the last few pages of contributers

Glad that's cleared up.

Um no actually, there is no "ownage" , winning, or losing when it comes to the fact that the MSM makes sure to racially profile a specific race...it's sad really more than anything. I'm not here to "own" anyone...but nobody has been able to explain coherently to me why Caucasian Americans are not labeled as such...only African Americans are labeled. That is the real issue...as to why they do that, and the fact that it is accepted as being ok...or "politically correct" to racially profile.

Some of you people are really making me LAUGH! 48 hours later, your still talking "MSN" this "MSN" that...

It was the God damn commentator! Not the news!

How has this debate got so far when half of you have twisted the facts to suit your own agenda?!

And FYI, the OP did get owned

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirectDemocracy
reply to post by puzzlesphere

So you are saying that Michael Phelps being the very first WHITE Athlete to win 21 gold medals should only be reported as Michael Phelps is first OLYMPIC Athlete to win 21 medals?

But you are perfectly fine with Gabby Douglas being the first AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK person to win a gold in gymnastics?

I am not understanding this line of reasoning and thinking at all? Why can't white people be just as proud of their race and achievements as white people that black people are encouraged to do?

Racists don't have REASON. Just ignore him as he's obviously trolling for political tensions.
It's hard, but ignorance that deep cannot be fixed over the net.
Maybe that person will grow up some time

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing? Just like Obama is the "First black President"?! Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.
reply to post by Sinny

Yes, in the universe where one would say "first white girl to win a gold".

So as far as this is concerned, it's stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

reply to post by AutOmatIc

But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)

NO, she is NOT "African American"

She is an American. Period.

She has never stepped foot in Africa, and neither has her Mother/Father, Grandmother/Grandfather.

She is no more African American than I am Italian American.

So if she doesny have any African in her, please do tell me how her skin is brown?!

Durr, doesn't matter how far back we trace it, it was recognisition of her skin colour.

Anyway, you really *shouldnt* be blaming the commentator, if she's *just* American, I take it when she fills out her yearly census, theres *just* the option of American?

Thought not. Take it up with Obama.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
A total over reaction and non issue IMO.

I can only see this as a good thing, bit like when they spoke about the British women rowers getting the first Olympic title ever.....it's a compliment and a recognition of a "first", not something to shout racism over.

There are of course those who have a massive chip on thier shoulder and will shout racism for everything.

Bit like if a black swimmer won gold in the swimming, hardly ever happens (has it ever happened?), so if there was a first, we would rave about it in a good way.

CX.

How does this work exactly?

Are you trying to say that it is perfectly alright to claim "Black people can't swim", as this is what you seem to imply. Just let me know soon, as I need to learn more about racism from you and how to avoid it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I agree with the OP. It's ridiculous.

Why can't they just let her have her moment without injecting all the racial nonsense? She's AMERICAN. They wouldn't say so and so is the first Irish-American to win gold, or so and so is the first Jamaican-American to win gold.

The MSM has a fixation with race in this country. Every other week on CNN you have another "Black in America" or "Latino in America" segment.

It's ridiculous.

There wasn't any racial non-sense until the *flag hunting* thread was started, OP took a non-issue and made it an issue, honestly the OP didn't deserve his troll to be fed, but here we are...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DirectDemocracy

You've misunderstood what I was getting at.

To clarify a bit... the first to achieve something in the Olympics is generally heralded as the first "Olympian" to do it. The second (or any following athlete) to achieve the same feat is sub-categorised by their individual characteristics, as the first in their particular sub-category. In this case, African American "first".

For instance, Carl Lewis was the first Olympian to run under 10 seconds, then later, Lemaitre is first white man to run 100m in under 10 seconds.

The Olympics is about great achievements, facts and firsts. The fact is, Gabby was the first African American to win gold in this event. Sounds better in the media than the 17th to win Gold in the event.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Aha, OP just got *owned* by the last few pages of contributers

Glad that's cleared up.

Um no actually, there is no "ownage" , winning, or losing when it comes to the fact that the MSM makes sure to racially profile a specific race...it's sad really more than anything. I'm not here to "own" anyone...but nobody has been able to explain coherently to me why Caucasian Americans are not labeled as such...only African Americans are labeled. That is the real issue...as to why they do that, and the fact that it is accepted as being ok...or "politically correct" to racially profile.

Some of you people are really making me LAUGH! 48 hours later, your still talking "MSN" this "MSN" that...

It was the God damn commentator! Not the news!

How has this debate got so far when half of you have twisted the facts to suit your own agenda?!

And FYI, the OP did get owned

Commentator? Oh sweetheart you are either intentionally ignoring the truth or you are....unaware of how to operate an internet search engine.

startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com... arch

"Dominique Dawes, a member of the "Magnificent Seven" on the 1996 gold-medal winning team, is the only other African American woman to win an individual Olympic medal in gymnastics."

earlystart.blogs.cnn.com...
"Sixteen-year-old American gymnast Gabby Douglas became the third straight American and the first African-American to win the women's all-around gold medal last night in London."

startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com... arch

That took me all of 30 seconds to do a search for. Shall I go on and post ALL of the other news and media running the exact same thing? I think it is you who have been owned.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirectDemocracy
This is one of the most interesting threads that I have seen so far on Above Top Secret. The strangest part of this thread is how you had to point out that this actually happens and that I somehow completely miss it.

Why isn't Michael Phelps heralded as the first WHITE athlete to win 21 medals in the Olympics?

Yet Gabby Douglas is mentioned as ..."Gabby Douglas made Olympic history Thursday by becoming the first black gymnast to win the all-around gold medal." -NYMail

Being the first WHITE athlete to win 21 gold medals? Or is it when a white person accomplishes something they are just an American but blacks are AFRICAN Americans so you must pay extra special attention to their feats? Is this what the Main Stream Media wants us to do? Am I being freaking brainwashed?

I don't like this one bit. Not ONEEEEE bit.

How the hell did I not see this before? I feel awakened like you have opened up my eyes.

Maybe because nobody else has won 21 medals?

Round and round the merry go round

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join