It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Again why ATS is obsessed with black people? If Gabby was the first native American to win it, this thread wouldn't exist. But i see i what some posters are im saying and I'd agree. My family watched the Olympics last night and my step dad said to me, she's the first African American gold medalist. Im like, "so what"! In my head

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

First White Nigerian Runner wins 1500m

Dammit, I actually could see that as a headline. I wouldn't agree with it, but it would get some attention, so the MSM would probably run with it.

Or, since they can't say black or white, how would it be politically correct.... "Amero-Nigerian" or "Caucasion-Nigerian" or "Euro-Kenyan"

Neurorian? Euro-american nigerian? Amero-Nigerian cyborg? Captain Planet?

This is all silly.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The coverage goes to more than just the US, and the re-broadcast of the coverage, and the print articles that come after the initial commentary will go worldwide, and Costas will be quoted, plus he has set the stage for all the others to follow suit in their own comments, etc.

On another note, NBC is being extremely criticized for their coverage of the opening ceremony, the nipple slip, which they rebroadcast in slow-mo just to be sure, and their overall coverage in general.

Maybe the comments last night were just the culmination of the overall bad coverage of the events?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
She is the first African American to win this medal, thats what it is, and its a big deal to alot of African Americans, and non African Americans.... So gettttt over it.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

So Costas is all at fault...if he hadn't said anything...no one would talk about it

The fact still remains...you just don't want it to be talked about...you want people to not celebrate an actual milestone...because the person being celebrated happens to be black.

America has been celebrating many other milestones ON THE WORLD STAGE at the Olympics...yet it is only this one that has you and others bent out of shape.

I just wish this trash would stay over on Stormfront and not tarnish ATS.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by getreadyalready

First White Nigerian Runner wins 1500m

Dammit, I actually could see that as a headline. I wouldn't agree with it, but it would get some attention, so the MSM would probably run with it.

Or, since they can't say black or white, how would it be politically correct.... "Amero-Nigerian" or "Caucasion-Nigerian" or "Euro-Kenyan"

Neurorian? Euro-american nigerian? Amero-Nigerian cyborg? Captain Planet?

This is all silly.

Actually, African American is pretty silly too....when Black Americans originate from places far more diverse than just Africa. It's unusual but always interesting when a Haitian or other nationality finally gets sick enough of the label to stand up and say something.

Just.. American. Colin Powell was one who made that point and I agreed then. Almost cheered to hear him say it. We're Americans, not African, Mexican or Italian. American. Period. Heritage is something else.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
She is the first African American to win this medal, thats what it is, and its a big deal to alot of African Americans, and non African Americans.... So gettttt over it.....

What if this were a black-dominated sport, but no American had ever won. Would she still be the first "African-American" or would she just be the first "American."

Earlier in the day, the US won its first Judo Gold Medal ever, but they didn't tell us the heritage of the girl who won it.

Judo Gold

Harrison took her spot atop the medal stand, determined not to cry during the national anthem.

She was in tears after one note.

On this day, emotion was the only thing she could not beat.

Now America finally has an Olympic judo champion: Harrison, a 22-year-old woman from Ohio who was sexually abused by a former coach as a child, became a self-described "teenage punk" who hated everything about her sport and then found a way to turn everything around.

Harrison took the final step in the journey Thursday. She beat Britain's Gemma Gibbons 2-0 for the gold medal in the women's under 78-kilogram division.

"Kind of just reflecting back on my life. Everything it's taken to get here, and everything that I've gone through," Harrison said. "I'm America's first gold medalist in judo - and always will be."

From that coverage, it would be impossible to tell if she was black, white, Irish, Indian, or Hispanic, but the sad fact is that we know that the lack of any label means she was a white girl.......... from Ohio.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A slight aside; are NBC really being criticised for something so trivial as the 'nipple slip'?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, see my last post. Why not equal coverage for whatever "first" the Judo champion was?

America has been celebrating many other milestones ON THE WORLD STAGE at the Olympics...yet it is only this one that has you and others bent out of shape.

Other Olympic milestones, or other heritage milestones? Because I haven't seen the first Indian, the first Midwesterner, the first Dutch-American, or any other "milestone," although I have seen some Olympic records and threepeats and such.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

A slight aside; are NBC really being criticised for something so trivial as the 'nipple slip'?

Well, it is the first time they've had underwater coverage, everything else has been tape-delayed except for that one fateful moment, and then they went back and replayed it again to be sure that they shouldn't have shown it in the first place.

But, the answer is Yes.
And now folks are worried the underwater cameras might go away.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What if this were a black-dominated sport, but no American had ever won. Would she still be the first "African-American" or would she just be the first "American."

Gabby wasn't the first American...what don't you get about this?

It was a footnote...you act like NBC made it the centerpiece of their coverage. She is the first African American to win gold in that event...it's a fact...I don't care if you don't like it...it's a fact.

Honestly...you should do some soul searching to see why this bothers you so much...it's disturbing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wait, so she's the first AA to win a gold medal in gymnastics or the first to win a gold

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This illustrates my OP exactly. Why did they not say she was a Caucasian American, what race is she? They sure didn't hesitate to make sure you knew the race of the women's gymnastics gold winner. So why is this? Are we so brainwashed by the MSM to just simply accept the fact that only African Americans are worthy for their race to be made known? And yet not make sure that they make known the races of every other competitor, let's be fair, and treat everyone equally...tell us all the races...if you're going to go there MSM!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

This illustrates my OP exactly. Why did they not say she was a Caucasian American, what race is she? They sure didn't hesitate to make sure you knew the race of the women's gymnastics gold winner. So why is this? Are we so brainwashed by the MSM to just simply accept the fact that only African Americans are worthy for their race to be made known? And yet not make sure that they make known the races of every other competitor, let's be fair, and treat everyone equally...tell us all the races...if you're going to go there MSM!

Do you not know the history of African Americans in the United States???

It's not like this is an accomplishment because they were enslaved and then systematically held down LEGALLY until 50 years ago or anything.

Oh...but that was so long ago...a whole generation...cry babies...they should totally be over it by now.

And btw...a burning cross and a hood would perfectly illustrate your OP...not someone who is trying to justify their racist views.
edit on 3-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The fact so many cannot appreciate the difference between Nationalist Pride and Racist Division lies at the heart of two major problems.

Mentioning that the gymnast was black is not racist division. It is stating a fact, it is a first, she is being celebrated.

I could go on about how nationalist pride is nothing but nationalist division just like you are doing with race. It's either you accept all forms of collectivist pride or you accept none. They are include the same exact mentality.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

That makes sense if you break it down but, its kind of like that other thread saying that blackpeoplemeet.com is racists... And the fact is she is a black female from America, therefore she is African American and the first to win this medal, its a big deal to some. I dont know why any non African American would give a ****

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I think you're overreacting, but it will be nice when the day comes, you're right, that they don't even make mention of such distinctions, which are irrelevant.

Regards,

NAM

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

That makes sense if you break it down but, its kind of like that other thread saying that blackpeoplemeet.com is racists... And the fact is she is a black female from America, therefore she is African American and the first to win this medal, its a big deal to some. I dont know why any non African American would give a ****

Because secretly...they wish those black people were still their slaves.

At the very least...those black people should know their place.

And besides...they have had rights for 50 years...any accomplishment of theirs isn't special.

I'm with you...I don't know why anyone cares who isn't racist.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Do you not know the history of African Americans in the United States???

It's not like this is an accomplishment because they were enslaved and then systematically held down LEGALLY until 50 years ago or anything.

Oh...but that was so long ago...a whole generation...cry babies...they should totally be over it by now.

And btw...a burning cross and a hood would perfectly illustrate your OP...not someone who is trying to justify their racist views.
edit on 3-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Wow, really? Of course I know the history of slavery in the USA. But in this day and age where everyone wants to be treated equally, it sure seems like they truly do not want to be treated equally, because if they did want to be treated equally then African Americans would not want to be labeled as such, and be called only Americans, just like everyone else.

This is the point that most people are missing. That the MSM is specifically labeling black Americans as African Americans, but neglecting to label white Americans as Caucasian Americans, or even any other race as such. Why do they do that? What makes them any more special than any other race? Nothing does. And so they should be treated like everyone else and not have a specific label and in this case the label is "African Americans".

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

After watching the women's all-around gymnastics Olympic competition, I had honestly not given a thought to the race of any of the competitors until after Gabby Douglas won the gold,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's as if the MSM and TPTB just cannot let it go. We are all human, we all bleed red. Yet we are reminded by them every day that we are black, white, yellow, turquoise, etc...

We are all human. Get over your race already. And for crying out loud...leave the race card out of the Olympics!

edit on 3-8-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

i don't believe you when you say you did not think about race when you saw her.
she is very clearly dark brown and from africa.

when you a non white you see the color of their skin first.

this calls up deep seated associations.

you are brought automatically brought up to think of africa with certain associations.

africa is associated with jungles,natives,spears,coconuts,bananas,tarzan swinging through the jungle in a loin cloth,gorillas,monkeys and so on and on.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join