MSM pulls Olympic race card, disgusting!!!

page: 1
64
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+61 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
After watching the women's all-around gymnastics Olympic competition, I had honestly not given a thought to the race of any of the competitors until after Gabby Douglas won the gold, to which directly afterwards the commentator made well sure that everyone not forget that she is the first African American to win the gold in that particular event. Matter of fact...do a google search for "first African American to win gymnastics gold" and you will see a massive slew of articles and sites that are toting this disgusting line of racial separationism.



Shame on you MSM!! Not very surprising I suppose but still it is shameful that they feel as though they MUST make sure that everyone knows that this athlete is African American...and not just American. Can we never get past the race issue for crying out loud! This poor girl will now be known as not just an American, but is now labeled neatly as an African American. Sad that still in this day and age that the MSM feels the need to stoop to such lows, which makes me realize that they are continuing their agenda of making sure that everyone is well aware of what particular race they belong to and they never cease to throw it in our faces. Reminds me of the thread concerning the MSM race war on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's as if the MSM and TPTB just cannot let it go. We are all human, we all bleed red. Yet we are reminded by them every day that we are black, white, yellow, turquoise, etc...

We are all human. Get over your race already. And for crying out loud...leave the race card out of the Olympics!
edit on 3-8-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling



+23 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It's all part of the agenda meant to keep up seperated into tiny controllable herds. It's easy to see really, if people would open their eyes. It's done a great job too, from my observations.


+82 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Are you actually surprised about the usual racism fueling and double standards MSM use to make sure the American people are never really united?

It's all in the elites advantages to have blacks feel separated from the rest of society.
All part of programming and people should know.
edit on 3-8-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
It's all part of the agenda meant to keep up seperated into tiny controllable herds. It's easy to see really, if people would open their eyes. It's done a great job too, from my observations.


I agree, keep us reminded as to what our race is and we will never be able to look past it. And they didn't even hesitate to make sure that the people look at this girl's race, and not just that she is an American. Sad. Also figures in that this is an election year and it almost seems as if there is a focus by the MSM to keep people focused on the race factor (for example first African American president) and not on the issues.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


You are exagrerrating. At least they didn´t use the N-word. And saying it was an african american is like saying it was a swede or german, really. If sweden never won a specific gold and now did, don´t you think they would state it was the first swede to do it? Or the first European, or the first Asian etc.

I think most people should be satisfied as long as they don´t use the N-word, going farther than that is just ridiculous.


+35 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.



You missed the point. We shouldn't even be looking at her race at all. We should only be looking at the fact that she is an amazing athlete, the fact that she is African American shouldn't even be mentioned...ever.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


You are exagrerrating. At least they didn´t use the N-word. And saying it was an african american is like saying it was a swede or german, really. If sweden never won a specific gold and now did, don´t you think they would state it was the first swede to do it? Or the first European, or the first Asian etc.

I think most people should be satisfied as long as they don´t use the N-word, going farther than that is just ridiculous.


So she's not representing America?

I didn't know that.

Keep up the good work, racist media!


+25 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


You are exagrerrating. At least they didn´t use the N-word. And saying it was an african american is like saying it was a swede or german, really. If sweden never won a specific gold and now did, don´t you think they would state it was the first swede to do it? Or the first European, or the first Asian etc.

I think most people should be satisfied as long as they don´t use the N-word, going farther than that is just ridiculous.


If a Caucasian American girl had won gold, do you think that they would have mentioned the fact that she was a Caucasian American? No. And therein lies the MSM agenda and conspiracy to flaunt race in all our faces.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Aren't they like, making her race a *good* thing?

Just like Obama is the "First black President"?!

Its people like your self who make a deal out of it.


For Obama, the race issue was a good thing because it was a popular vote among the majority of Americans and it showed how far we had come from slavery of a race because of the color of their skin.

For an Olympic medal, it's just MSM race separation propaganda to emphasize this race issue.
edit on 3-8-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)


CX
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A total over reaction and non issue IMO.

I can only see this as a good thing, bit like when they spoke about the British women rowers getting the first Olympic title ever.....it's a compliment and a recognition of a "first", not something to shout racism over.

There are of course those who have a massive chip on thier shoulder and will shout racism for everything.


Bit like if a black swimmer won gold in the swimming, hardly ever happens (has it ever happened?), so if there was a first, we would rave about it in a good way.

CX.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
A total over reaction and non issue IMO.

I can only see this as a good thing, bit like when they spoke about the British women rowers getting the first Olympic title ever.....it's a compliment and a recognition of a "first", not something to shout racism over.

There are of course those who have a massive chip on thier shoulder and will shout racism for everything.


Bit like if a black swimmer won gold in the swimming, hardly ever happens (has it ever happened?), so if there was a first, we would rave about it in a good way.

CX.


But that is the beauty of the subliminal programming that the MSM implements. Sure if a black swimmer won gold and was a first for a "black" why should we care what race the person was? We shouldn't care about their race, we should only care about that particular athlete's ability to swim like a boss
But rest assured that the MSM will remind you of their race, sadly.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Cant we just segregate people by the colour of their teeth ?
It would make things less confusing



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz
 


I don't think the british would be too happy about that

I kid, I kid.

Would that make old rednecks nonexistant?
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 03:44:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CX
 


The OP does have a point.

We continue to divide people living in the same Country by race or skin colour.

How can we promote equality and try to get through to bigoted racists that skin colour or race shouldn't be an issue as we are all the same and we should treat people as individuals; when we continue to promote indifference through labeling people black/white African American etc?

Sure it's important to use skin colour or race in defining an individual who you are trying to describe in terms of appearance.


+25 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)


+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)


And if Phelps had said "I'm the first white American to ......" he'd be called a racist.

Skin colour and ancestral heritage shouldn't be used to create division within a Country.


edit on 3-8-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)


+11 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
reply to post by CX
 


The OP does have a point.

We continue to divide people living in the same Country by race or skin colour.

How can we promote equality and try to get through to bigoted racists that skin colour or race shouldn't be an issue as we are all the same and we should treat people as individuals; when we continue to promote indifference through labeling people black/white African American etc?

Sure it's important to use skin colour or race in defining an individual who you are trying to describe in terms of appearance.



I think your all going way OTT with this one, lol.

Commentator makes a comment on her ethnicity, and suddenly its an evil plot by the MSM to divide and conquer


Bearing in mind, no one told the commentator to say it.

Why do you say "Mainstream" Media, instead of just "Media"? That includes you in this divide and conquer agenda, how are they going to change their news trend if people like your self generalise and steroetype the news they report on?

Your loose use of the word "Disgusting" is cleary a ruse to gain attention and stars for a subject thats not even important.

Say that was me on the Podium, and the commentator said, "First young Celt to win in this competetion",

Would you have made this thread then, because he refered to *my* ethnicity?

My bet is, no you wouldnt have, because the word "Celt" wouldnt have botherd you, would it?



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I forgot to add these very important quotes from the commentator read from a teleprompter directly after the event ended...now pay close attention:

"...the barriers have long since been down, but sometimes there can be an imaginary barrier based on how one might see oneself."

Interpret that as you will, but it sure sounds like they are consciously making you see your race as a "barrier".

And he continues...

"...also safe to say that there are some young African American girls out there who, tonight are saying to themselves, 'Hey, I'd like to try that too.' "

What about the young Caucasian American girls, or the young Asian American girls and every other race of young girls who would like to try to win a gymnastics gold just like Gabby? It's as though they are stating "See, just because you are African American doesn't mean you can't make something out of yourself" He/the MSM was specifically targeting the African American race.

So you see, there is a specific targeting of race by the MSM if you only pay close attention...it is really disturbing.
edit on 3-8-2012 by AutOmatIc because: plurals
edit on 3-8-2012 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)


+16 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by AutOmatIc
 


But she IS African American.

Have you asked her how she feels about it before speaking on her behalf?

What if she is proud to say "Im the first African American woman to do this"...

If thats the case, your tottally raining on her parade.

(Just an alternative view point, In my opinion, your drawing more attention to the fact, than the commentators did)


And if Phelps had said "I'm the first white American to ......" he's be called a racist.

Skin colour and ancestral heritage shouldn't be used to create division.



That makes no sense at all. Racism:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:
theories of racism, prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

Stating your ethnicity IS NOT RACISM. Stating your ethnicity is better, is racism.

Geese peeps, we wonder why the worlds so backwards.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)





 
64
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join