It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is this time any differnt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ive noticed a lot of talk about guns and 2nd amendment rights, and one argument that has stood out the most to me is the protection of citizens from tyranny and oppression.

So my question is this to gun control advocates, how is this time and reality different from 200 years ago, 1000 years ago, or 5000 years ago. There are always tyrants, dictators, and criminals, the people under those rules will be oppressed.
The writers of the constitution knew this and gave us something to give us a chance against evil men. I don't understand why you would want to give evil men with power and guns more of an advantage over the peasants.

To American citizens that support gun control, you support tyranny and crime, because no matter how much you want to believe in a world that is filled with flowers and butterfly's (no crime, no war), there will always be evil men(criminals and politicians), and when times get tight those evil men will use peasants without prejudice to save themselves and families.

To people that live in countries were there is gun control i suggest trying to get your guns back legally, and if you cant, go to your local criminal(s) and get guns(guess they cant control all your guns). There will be a time when highborn and peasants will war with each other.

when and were i don't know, as a people we all should be prepared, not just America.If someone can show me something that indicates there are no more evil men(criminals and politicians) with power in this world i will recant my statement.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
People have always done rotten things to each other but the methods are different now, humans went millions of years before they tased or drone strike - ed each other. You can't even hide considering that the batman cellular room scanning tech has already been patented.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

a good reason to preserve what rights we have left

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I have pondered this question. It's a no win situation. If you allow guns, than you got what you got now. Every deranged psycho on the street is packing and feels very powerful about it. You got kids killing each other left and right.

The other side, which you have mentioned is that the population could be held hostage by "evil men" without possibility of defending themselves.

I would go with old Ghandi..."Be the change you want to see in the world". So, no matter how many evil men there are, I want to see flowers and peace...therefore, I will never carry a gun. It's not an easy road I know...but I can't bring myself to even touch a gun knowing what it's for.

Maybe I'm just a deluded hippie...but I would rather die than kill...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

i myself follow the jedi way, but would protect my life for my children's sake and protect my children, last night walking from the bar two young men(17-20) asked if i had "tobacco" i responded yeah but not much, they asked if they could see how fresh it was, now normally this ant a problem, normally i would share my "tobbacco with whomever wants it, but as soon as i pulled the :tobacco out they both stood up and said let me see it, i could see by there reaction they meant to take it from me, as they came towards me i knew what they were going to do. So in my head, i knew of some options, i could fight(and possibly be seriously injured, or not) and possibly save or lose my "tobacco", i could run and probably be caught up with since i smoke too much, or i could diffuse my situation with words, as not to advocate violence i said hey man i could spare a rolly of "tobacco" hold out you hand, i then dropped into ones hand what they wanted, at this point they were happy to get "tobacco for free from a stranger and no longer needed to steal. with my words and non violent actions i diffused a violent situation and only lost a rolly from it, where as if i was to use my blade one or more persons would get injured. The point being i got lucky that i was able to stop violence with my words and everybody benefited and i only lost a Rollie, if every man that intends violence could be as easily persuaded i would 100 percent agree with you and ghandi, sadly not all men are presueded so easily, and to believe so will mean that my girls may have no father and or i may not have my girls if such men cross our path. I will protect my family and myself at all times because children are the future and my children are the world to me, and if my girls live long enough maybe they can build a better world were one does not have to worry about the evil intentions of men, but until that day my job is to make protect the ones that cant protect themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I hear you man. You handled that situation brilliantly. I also agree...not all men are as easily swayed by a kind word. Such is the nature of human mentality at this point of our evolution.

I imagined...what would it be like if I took a life...my soul just felt fear of that realization. I think it would break me. Therefore, I'm willing to pay the price of my "Jedi way" as you nicely put it

However, I feel your concerns are valid, and am not condemning you for thinking the way you do. I currently have no children of my own....and perhaps if I did...I would feel as you do.

edit off topic:

Your avatar is a screenshot from Tombstone...I watched it like gazillion times. Best Doc Holliday ever, Val's best performance ever. Thumbs up

edit on 3-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

a good reason to preserve what rights we have left

I intend to continue operating as if I have all my rights intact, including those I was born with, not given by the constitution (which may not even exist for all the good it does). So F the police and F all the future Obamas and Romneys you despicable evil lice!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

and i hope one day i can think as you do, till that day
, and thank you i love that movie as well

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i hear you ive always been one to follow my own rules and believe in freedom for all, i just it doesnt get any harder to follow own rules as time moves forward

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I really believe the world is descending into a 1984 / Phil Dick nightmare and that rather than fight to stop it the majority of people are perfectly willing to sit still white it's stuck in and broken off. The best thing I can do is continue on as I have; not contributing anything to income tax which funds the war effort, refusing to reproduce (creating future slaves, probably), being stubbornly honest and devoted to my hybrid of Shambala, Hindu, Buddhist and Bushido code of conduct, picking up litter off the parks and streets, and try to encourage others to think long and hard about the person they want to be and embrace it fully, work every moment of the day on it.

top topics

join