It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA TV - Rover Curiosity Live stream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Did a quick search...no results. Apparently NASA is planing on streaming live the Curiosity landing on Mars on August the 5th. I saw this on Croatia's local web site.

I jumped on the NASA link but didn't find any confirmation (didn't search too hard).

This is the link for the stream as reported by the web site.

NASA TV

Can anyone confirm this will really happen? It would be great to be able to watch it live...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah and the minute they find a martian or alien or whatever, it go into blackout mode.
Guess will see.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, the boy in me is of course hoping to see one
I will wait if it really will be as stated. As far as cover ups...It probably will be a bit filtered I think. But, I can only speculate on that, seeing how I am distrustful of the authority

Never the less...a nice move by NASA if it happens

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

Hello,
Here is the Nasa schedule, found listings and times here in the past hope it helps/

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEYWAKEY

Yes I saw that, but couldn't get that to load. I'm at work behind the proxy...

Can you maybe check the timing of the stream if there is a schedule for it?

Thanks for your help

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Check out number four at this link.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I saw this article a couple days ago. www.redorbit.com...
[color=808080] (Someone had posted the link, here on ATS, but was just a post in a different thread)

New Yorkers and those visiting Times Square will get a front row seat to the Mars landing of the Curiosity rover, as the Toshiba Vision screen broadcasts live mission coverage.

The new Mars rover will be arriving on the Martian surface at 1:31 a.m. EST on August 6.

[color=D4F0C9]The NASA TV broadcast will start at 11:30 p.m. eastern time on August 5, and continue through 4:00 a.m. eastern time the next day.

NASA has said that landing the rover on the Red Planet is not a guaranteed task, but instead is going to be a nail biting experience.

Times Square visitors will be able to hear the audio portion of NASA’s coverage by tuning into the online radio station Third Rock Radio.

Times Square isn’t the only place viewers can have the opportunity to watch the landing. NASA centers around the country will be open for landing events, and many science centers also are opening for events focused on the landing.

Might be interesting to watch it on a big screen, if you happen to be near one, but personally, I'm probably much too lazy for that.

'Curiosity's Seven Minutes Of Terror' sounds like a good name for a Haunted House, or a Short Film, but it is actually referring to the final 7 minutes of the trip, which is from the time the craft first enters Mars' Atmosphere, until the time it lands.

This video is of a few people talking about what will take place, during those final minutes, along with some computer generated imagery.

[color=3DFFAB]The Mars Science Laboratory carrying Curiosity must slow down from about 13,000 mph to just 1.7 mph in about seven minutes to ensure a safe landing.

edit on 8/3/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thanks for the link man. Lots of info there.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Too bad I'm in not in the US

uh..I'm starting to feel the hype about this, the more I read about it. The problem is...I will be out camping with my girl...will have to make something happen. Thank god for Iphone...
No big screen for me...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Can anyone confirm this will really happen? It would be great to be able to watch it live...

In the meantime, you can follow along here:

eyes.nasa.gov...
edit on 3-8-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I will definately check this out when I get home...it's asking to install Java 7 which I can't do here at work, 'cos it messes with my other apps.

Can you give me a slight info on what's behind the link?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm absolutely stoked about this. Here's the countdown:

marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

2 Days, 21 Hours, and 21 minutes until landing as of this post.

I'm going to be glued to NASA TV.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Can you give me a slight info on what's behind the link?

It's basically a version of Stellarium that has "real time" data on most of NASA's missions. They are running one app dedicated to Curiosity, but you can explore other missions as well. Unfortunately, navigation is not very intuitive. Try running the tutorial first.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Apparently NASA is planing on streaming live the Curiosity landing on Mars

Technically it will not be LIVE, since there will be a 14 minute delay between transmission and reception of the signals.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Technically it will not be LIVE, since there will be a 14 minute delay between transmission and reception of the signals.

Nor will the visuals be very exciting: a bunch of guys sitting around in a room in Maryland looking at laptops!

Edit to add: It will be suspenseful, however:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Yes I know...but it is as good as we can get it I guess...for now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Hm...now you got me confused...I thought the stream will be of the rover it self from one of it's cameras? Don't care about the guys in the control room...can you confirm what exactly will be viewed?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Hm...now you got me confused...I thought the stream will be of the rover it self from one of it's cameras? Don't care about the guys in the control room...can you confirm what exactly will be viewed?

The cameras will be safely stowed to protect them during atmospheric entry. It may be some time before there will be visuals from the probe. I'll double check on that for you, though.

Edit to add: Looks like it might take a few days before the cameras will be up and running:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The cameras will be safely stowed to protect them during atmospheric entry

That makes sense. I was a bit too excited by the prospect of having a front seat to Mars so wasn't thinking about that.

But will they be streaming anything before the entry it self ? And even more importantly, will there be live streams of the rover while on the surface? Kinda doubt it...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So what you're saying is...we will be seeing a stream of the control room ?

Now that's a major anti climax for me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join