It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Vermont man crushed cop cars with tractor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

MONTPELIER, Vt. - Working in a stout former bank building with windows closed and air conditioners humming, Orleans County sheriff's deputies didn't know what was happening in their parking lot until a neighbor called 911.

A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for resisting arrest and marijuana possession, was rolling across their vehicles -- five marked cruisers, one unmarked car and a transport van.

By the time they ran outside, the tractor was down the driveway and out onto the road.

link

"Were not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister was going threw my head while reading this story. Its nice to know we can have things like this happen and no one got killed.

There seems to be a upswing with citizens standing up to police lately this is another story to add to that list.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Kind of reminds me of an indecent a few years back where a guy built a "killdozer" and destroyed part of a town in anger.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A few hours of community service and monthly drug tests for a year... or... several years in jail...

Smooth move, Vermont pothead!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, you have to say this for the guy. When he decides to go to prison, at least he goes with some style. No one hurt and ..I'll bet that scores him something on the cell block. Gotta be worth some respect.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wish more people would stand up for themselves like him.
He had flair.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How many people are going to be helping the police take down/apprehend a man like this who is trying to resist tyranny and oppression?

It isn't just the fact that people are waking up to their slavery that we need to think about.
It is also all of the people who aren't, and will fight to stay in the system and keep YOU in it too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
arrests for pot is the stupidest thing ive ever heard, its just to fill a quota so cops can look like there doing there job, i know some cops understand this, most dont, why do the right winged conservites get there pantys in a bunch over a plant created by God for humans answer me this someone, please?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Resist tyranny and oppression???

The dude was pissed that he got his pot taken away, hence the resisting arrest charge.

All this is going to do is add more fuel to the "keep-it-illegal" crowd. Good job, Vermont pothead, you just undid years worth of research and legal battles concerning the safety/legalization talks for your beloved marijuana.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
HILARIOUS!

I like that he took out their whole fleet of vehicles with a single tractor. Hopefully, we'll be seeing a lot more of this...as the balance of power needs to be shifted from tyranical forces into the hands of the people. Not to say they're not needed, but therre is a definate unbalance.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow, a success story in the War on Drugs!

Never thought I'd see the day!

Would be nice to have more background on the case though, story doesn't provide much about his situation.

On the other hand, who cares. Upset citizen over ridiculous, money grubbing drug laws: 1. Police Cars: 0

Love it.

EDIT: on further thought-

yeah yeah, "the cops don't make the laws, they just enforce them, blah, blah, blah..."

"It's going to cost the taxpayers money to fix them, blah, blah, blah..."

"Someone could have gotten hurt, blah, blah, stinking blah"

Well, how about calling the CIA and getting some of that ultra cool opium money from Afghan to fix them- I'm sure they won't mind a few dollars to replace the cop cars with battle tanks and UAV's armed with hellfires.
edit on Fri Aug 3rd 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Now that's my kind of monster truck rally.
Do we get any footage or pictures?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would LOVE to be on the jury deciding this mans fate for this incident!!
I'll tell you what I'd do!!
I'd vote jury nullification!
This man it seems had a problem and handled it appropriately!

Good job sir.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If I were on a jury, I probably would not find him guilty.
I hate the drug laws, and I am NOT a drug user. At all.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hulk Smash!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You know, I just noticed something I hadn't before. The Sheriff Dept's personal vehicles were in the same lot and just behind the cars he smooshed.

He could have run over their personal vehicles too, and he didn't. Now that IS classy. He distinguished...given that he was out the gate when they came out so he'd done all he came to do.

I just wanted to add that observation in case anyone else hadn't noticed it before either. Not to ever glorify such dastardly deeds....but some have a real humor and karma to them.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well, that is one way to make a statement. I can't say I condone his actions, but I cannot condemn them either. I also agree it was classy of him not to destroy the personal cars along with the police cars.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It probably cost him more in gas, than to just go buy some more weed. He was obviously making a statement on his thoughts about the cops enforcing ridiculous laws.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
On one hand I'm standing up at my keyboard and cheering this guy on.

On the other hand? If I was a mother who's child was being abducted (or some other horrific happening) and I called 911 with LEO unable to respond because their cruisers were trashed? I'd be out for this guys blood.

Stand up for yourself. Make a huge noise. DO NOT let them get you down.

But don't chance hurting others in the process. Please.

peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you but he didn't get them all.

Brooks said the destroyed vehicles constituted more than half the fleet of sheriff's cruisers in the rural county on the Canadian border. Others were out on patrol at the time of the incident.

From the link

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
love it just some harmless fun... Made me laugh this guy just got fed up...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join