It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooked centers of operation... Albany, NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
When thinking about cities/places where covert influences have a stronghold, it is often the obvious that are cited. Washington D.C, NYC, Los Angeles in America. London, Berlin, Paris, Moscow, Rome internationally. It seems to always be mega cities and national capitals in western countries.

Does anyone have insight to where the covert powers might have major centers of operation that go overlooked?

I'll provide one suggestion....

ALBANY, NY and surrounding areas.

Obviously, Albany is the capital of New York. The state legislature meets here and creates policy that will apply to the financial center that is New York City. A short list of companies based in NYC that represent their interests in Albany: JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, MetLife, AIG, NewsCorp, ABC, NBC, Time Warner, Pfizer, Trump, Macy's, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, Hess. NY Stock exchange.

You get it. NYC is the meeting place of the world, especially when it comes to banking and financials. The state government that all of these companies answer to is located in Albany. My first point is this exactly: Albany is the capital of New York State, New York State is possibly is most influential state in America.

Point #2- General Electric is based out of the capital region of New York, specifically Schenectady. GE is one of the worlds top companies and will continue to grow as power generation starts to shift from fossil fuels to wind and solar electricity.

Point #3 - UAlbany is home to the nations best program in Nanoscience. The campus is rapidly expanding and has built some stunning futuristic buildings, specifically for the school of nano scale science and engineering, in recent years. Technology companies are flocking to upstate New York and locals are coming to know the Hudon River Valley region by a new name: Tech Valley.

Point #4- Potential for development. The Eastern portion of Upstate New York is prime for development in the coming years. New York State is the third most populous state despite having a fairly low pop density outside of NYC. It is easy to imagine Albany being a major up and coming locality.

Point #5- Suburbs - Albany is surrounded by suburbs and affluent neighborhoods with shopping centers such as Crossgates mall. One of these suburbs is called Bethlehem. Another is Guilderland.

Point #6 - Adirondack Wilderness. For natural beauty, nothing beats the Adirondack Mountains, especially in the summer months. It is easy to imagine an agent of TPTB working as a lawyer for the NYS Govt in Albany and enjoying summer weekends with the family at a multi million dollar house on one of the Adirondack's many amazing lakes, like Lake George or Lake Placid.

If you didn't guess yet, I'm a local to this area. And it is often obvious to me how well upstate new york and the capital region would suit the needs of the organization that rules the world covertly.

Anyone else know of a location that could be a central location for these people that generally goes unmentioned?

Or thoughts on Albany/ NYS Capital district?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Denver Intl. Airport will be the new capitol of the US when the proverbial SHTF

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Your post reminded me of a point I forgot to include, namely that mountainous regions are highly sought after because they provide good opportunities for hidden bases.

Also forgot to mention how upstate NY is one of the more stable regions of the world when it comes to natural disasters. Low risk of earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunami, volcano.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

Good points, all of them. There is a very sophisticated underground tunnel like system that leads form D.I.A., into the mountainous area of N.O.R.A.D. and other mountain hideaways. Also being a mile high is good in case of massive coastal flooding or tsunamis.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I completely agree with your idea. I'm from the area as well, about a half hour east in Columbia County. Driving onto 787 and seeing Albany on my left; it always looks like a fortress in itself. For such a small city, the decisions being made there are extremely overlooked.

Being from Columbia County, this area is just as much of a "hide out" for TPTB as the Adirondacks would be. Completely unsuspecting, just a few small towns huddled together and a huge amount of land. Also only about 25 minutes from the Catskill mountains.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepypoet

Yeah and it's called COLUMBIA county. Columbus is one of their top cult figures, as evidence by the district of columbia, and the ivy league university.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey neighbors!!

Also ALOT of elites especially bluebloods and hollywood types have homes in the Adirondacks and Catskills.

Don't forget, the Adirondack's history with the Vanderbilts and all their ilk having their summer camps up north. Long history of this area attracting the best of the best. Close to many waterways and Canada for quick escapes and movement of supplies.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Several years ago there were brief news reports which were suggesting that George the junior purchased a large area of land in remote Paraguay. Here is one link.

One of many to be found

So a simple reading of the Bush family history unveils an interesting familiarity, if you will, with the church of Sun Myung Moon. Moon is a Korean " messiah" who teaches that he, Moon, is the second coming of Jesus.  You can look any of that up if you want, it's all over the place.

So anyway, check out who Bushes neighbor is

Guess who?

Sitting up there on top of massive aquifer and natural gas preserve.

And toss in the totally denied tales of a quiet US military base at Mariscal Estigarribia , right around the corner from them, we have a number of arrows pointing to those mountain retreats.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Another major point is that Albany was the host of the congress of 1754, which may have been the first attempt at unifying the British Colonies. The congress put forth a plan, called the Albany Plan of Union, which was sponsored by Benjamin Franklin. Under the plan, Albany would have been the capital city of the newly unified colonies.

So, Albany is clearly an important locale going back 250 plus years. Maybe the area was accepted as a capital, but for the shadow government which would truly set the course of American and world history?

The Albany Plan of Union is said to have been greatly influenced by the Iroquois, who had a unified confederacy consisting of six different tribes.

Which brings up a question that maybe I'll pose in a future thread concerning the possibility that Native Americans play a larger role in all of this than is publicly stated...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
interesting because i was born in Albany. Grand parents were from Schenectady, the rabbit hole begins to have pre-meditated structure!

top topics

join