It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Four Years by Gerald Celente

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by frazzle

Dear frazzle,

Its interesting that you put corrupt morals in context with a " price tag" because that's the bottom line. We've been dealing with corrupted money for thousands of years and the price tag for being content with that model of commerce is that it also corrupts morality until the money becomes what is worshipped and life itself holds no value.

I really appreciated reading what you wrote. It is fair to say that we can agree to disagree on some points. In the end it is all about morals. I believe we get the type of government we deserve. We voted our pocketbooks for so long that we got amoral leaders. I look at someone like Romney who says that his solution is to tax the wealthy less or someone like Obama who said he would take certain actions and once elected, he never did. Our political decisions are based on how something will effect us economically rather than if we are doing right. I sometimes feel that I don't know this country anymore. Peace.

Thank you and let me return the compliment. It wouldn't be half as much fun talking with you if we agreed on everything. .

I agree about the loss of morals and even morale, but both were replaced over the decades by the desire and need for funny money. If we want to get morals back, first we need to get a stable and honest currency system up and running. Values cannot exist otherwise.

I've been trying to remember back to the days when my folks were voting (many long years ago) and IIRC, they were just as disgusted with the choices they were given as we are today. So that part hasn't changed and it doesn't appear that voters have ever gotten what they wanted or deserved because the system has been out of whack for at least a hundred years.

The difference today is that we have a bit more of an inkling of WHY its out of whack than the old timers could have had thanks to these little gizmos we're using to communicate.

Anyway, I just got my early ballot in the mail a couple days ago and I'm seriously thinking about chucking it in the circular file and finding other options. Voting isn't the answer and it never was.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by AQuestion

I can't remember the exact order, so someone can correct me if this is wrong, but I think the sequence goes something like, from apathy to slavery to rebellion to freedom and back around to apathy. We're probably somewhere between slavery and rebellion right now. But we have very little faith in ourselves and that's sad.

I was wrong about the sequence, it actually goes like this:

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years"

"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1.From bondage to spiritual faith;
2.From spiritual faith to great courage;
3.From courage to liberty;
4.From liberty to abundance;
5.From abundance to complacency;
6.From complacency to apathy;
7.From apathy to dependence;
8.From dependence back into bondage"

freedom-school.com...

<< 1   >>

join