It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Binquirer, July 30 Edition: Anaheim, CA, under martial law; Is Disney to blame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That patch looks close enough to me and if it was LAPD Swat then, I don't believe there's any martial law here. The source is probably screaming for attention.

Well I guess we can call this a wrap if no other information is provided or needed.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by antar

News sources like the L.A. Times simply report that riot police formed the blockade, but that's incredibly misleading, and the reports say nothing about the paramilitary forces patrolling the city streets of Anaheim itself en masse. User-generated communiques on social networks and videos and photos uploaded to sites like YouTube depict heavily armored black vehicles, with paramilitary troops riding on outboard foot-rails, patrolling civilian communities, making arrests, and blockading public roads.

I'm reading this on it and thinking the world has seen it before. They're called Private Military Contractors and wearing different camo when normally thought about. ...coupled with names and numbers stripped. I seem to recall a law in California about that. There are limits to what they'll play with.. Even Occupy rarely saw them obscure tapes and roving patrols like that? I only SAW once living there or since. The final day of the L.A. riots had jump out squads working that way....but not with that kind of force.

Interesting, so you have seen them before yourself? Private Military industrial strength contract for hire killers? You said that they will only play at high stakes, so Disneyland is one of those stakes? These MIB would have killed them all had they not backed down from them then? This is something which could be foreign or even UN based?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The reason for this riots shows that people are getting sick and tired of the police brutalities. People are saying enough is enough. I don't care what the crimes were but if the man was unarmed then all they need to do is arrest the guy and nothing more.

I'm tell us people here in Cali are getting push to the edge, slowly but surely.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

reply to post by antar

News sources like the L.A. Times simply report that riot police formed the blockade, but that's incredibly misleading, and the reports say nothing about the paramilitary forces patrolling the city streets of Anaheim itself en masse. User-generated communiques on social networks and videos and photos uploaded to sites like YouTube depict heavily armored black vehicles, with paramilitary troops riding on outboard foot-rails, patrolling civilian communities, making arrests, and blockading public roads.

I'm reading this on it and thinking the world has seen it before. They're called Private Military Contractors and wearing different camo when normally thought about. ...coupled with names and numbers stripped. I seem to recall a law in California about that. There are limits to what they'll play with.. Even Occupy rarely saw them obscure tapes and roving patrols like that? I only SAW once living there or since. The final day of the L.A. riots had jump out squads working that way....but not with that kind of force.

Interesting, so you have seen them before yourself? Private Military industrial strength contract for hire killers? You said that they will only play at high stakes, so Disneyland is one of those stakes? These MIB would have killed them all had they not backed down from them then? This is something which could be foreign or even UN based?

They were seen and heck, openly written about as being on the ground and deployed during Katrina well ahead of most Law Enforcement. That was Blackwater itself, there. A contingency contract to private property owners is what the book I'd read on Blackwater specified it as. However, they deployed there, in their own words, in full 'battle rattle', simply being diverted from a flight that would have been going overseas as I recall.

So, Blackwater/Xe has, by what I read in that book on the company and it's history (I'll search around and see if I can find it), they have deployed in the past in a U.S. City and in high risk/high tempo operations.

I know by experience of living there, neighbors working at Disney as well as my mother working there in the 80's for a period in overnight cleanup (they saw all kinds of interesting things), Disney has it's own full blown Police Department and facilities. They would, as I understand it, be capable of putting a considerable force out on the street from their own 'Police'. The heavy handed and hard tactics of the patrolling reminds me of what I've heard and read about Blackwater operating in Iraq. The stripped uniforms (which wouldn't be those in the pics...those had patches and badges?) would also seem to say something different...

I dunno... PMC's are my best guess for that kind of thing around a massive behemoth like Disney in the middle of a security crisis. Who does Disney call on 911 when the police aren't doing enough? Whoever gets it done, IMO.

(No inside info though, No.)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It will be good to hear more about the book and what your thoughts are on this matter and I agree the picture is not the same as this thread is talking about. I wonder what they did during Katrina because that will be the best indication of what is up. Are they here to "help" or to do harm?

Edit to say I was arrested for drinking in the parking lot of Disney as a young teenager. I have seen the jail cells and can validate what you claimed. We got out of it but told never to return (yeah right)
edit on 2-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think that if these are private on what was being described (In the link, not the picture), there is one positive thing to it. The circumstances they would ever be used openly would be limited. I mean they'd have no more technical power than a Super-Security guard...except that in Katrina, it was no mans land, and Disney basically owns Anaheim in every sense which matters. So I could see Disney calling APD's Chief who in turn tells everyone downward that these handy security helpers will be working for a few days and .....ignore what they do, cooperate fully or else.

I couldn't see that happening in many circumstances. Cops in general wouldn't stand for Security types doing their jobs, right in front of them. Disneyland or World would be one tho. Just by the power Disney holds over their host city, IMO

I'm going to hunt around here tomorrow and see if I can find that. It was a real good book and Katrina was just one chapter of a much longer book about Prince and his Company.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I was just watching this, thought i should post it.

Couple good pictures of the 'para-military' people there. Also Orange County SWAT.

Im still very curious as to what group/force that guy in the picture works for. It look like he has a badge on his chest beside the POLICE wording. It would be good to find a better picture, ill edit it this post if i find one.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

Thanks for posting that... I'm heartsick and I never thought I'd see that. I recognize the street. I grew up in Orange. I can't believe it's come to that and I saw nothing in those films that warranted the overkill force. Apparently, it's a riot if there are enough people to draw attention from passing traffic to where anyone knows what is going on with it.

I sure didn't see anything else..and the last few frames.. Everyone should run that vid to just the last few frames. If I didn't know better, that could be a combat squad standing around a park in one of the war zones overseas. Honestly, and I mean just the last few seconds....but that imagine is what I ended the video on and the more I stared at it...the more I'm actually choked up. Whats the nation changed into in just 12 years?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by inverslyproportional

He was at the protest, that nearly turned into riots, he was buy the star bucks that the police claimed rioters broke windows in.

It was the cops shooting out the windows with bean bags, they gave no warning before they started marching on them with paintball guns (pepper pellets) and rubber bullets.

He was actually hit in the shin.

He says a big problem is people coming from other cities to start stuff, So I guess if citizens are coming from other places it makes sense they called in cops from surrounding areas.

Its ridiculous over there right now.

It's kind of amazing, crime and gang violence is rising in Anaheim and the people complain. The police kill known criminals and gangbanger scum and the people get upset and protest/riot.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Whats the nation changed into in just 12 years?

It has obviously become the property of corporate america. And they have declared war on the population.
That's what it looks like to me. If things are going down like Benri described. Then they are pushing us to confrontations. And the Cops are going along with it obviously. So we're trapped like rats. I look for more and more of this and believe this will spell our doom more than anything natural in 2012.

edit on 3-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

It's kind of amazing, crime and gang violence is rising in Anaheim and the people complain. The police kill known criminals and gangbanger scum and the people get upset and protest/riot.

Kind of stuff that happens when cops shoot the unarmed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'd said I'd be back with what book I'd read that in on Blackwater deploying during Katrina, as a previous example of it happening on U.S. Soil..

Blackwater: The rise of the world's most powerful mercenary army

It's not as one sided as many and I thought was generally trying to be fair overall. Some books out on those guys are more fiction than history. This article was based on other material from the Author of the book:

According Jeremy Scahill's reporting in The Nation, Blackwater set up an HQ in downtown New Orleans. Armed as they would be in Iraq, with automatic rifles, guns strapped to legs, and pockets overflowing with ammo, Blackwater contractors drove around in SUVs and unmarked cars with no license plates.

"When asked what authority they were operating under,'' Scahill reported, "one guy said, 'We're on contract with the Department of Homeland Security.' Then, pointing to one of his comrades, he said, 'He was even deputized by the governor of the state of Louisiana. We can make arrests and use lethal force if we deem it necessary.' The man then held up the gold Louisiana law enforcement badge he wore around his neck.''
Source

I think the chance to use them would definitely be limited, as I said in another message. Normal times would have cops themselves saying No Way as I grew up knowing them. They don't seem any more eager to share power these days.... Still, what happened there is what comes to mind in a story like Anaheim where 'sanitized' uniforms on guys geared up like soldiers and acting like it, suddenly pop up. Hopefully the ones described were nothing more than cops with bad judgement and very lawsuit adverse.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Hope you create a thread about Blackwater, it is time to connect the dots and bring it forward for ATSreadership.

We discuss Ex and current military, police and all those in position of control in a shtf scenario and whether or not they will follow orders regardless of how extreme. Psychology comes into play and it gets very deep in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join