It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem I have with Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Max_TO

i would be with u, buuuutttt, stories, myths legends, recorded history, un recorded history, paintings, lost city's, old city's, monuments, structures and buildings have always told of weird beings and objects coming from the sky so i cant say they are not here, and instead of using the same argument, "pics or didnt happen" i try an keep my eyes and ears open , and refuse to close my mind.

Sorry but that is simply not true , even if it is touted as fact . They are simply superficial interpretations of ancient artifacts

Are we excepting this testimony as fact because it is told to us , or because we picked one item offered as fact and checked it up for our selves , reffering to excepted , documented , facts to check these opnions ? Or are we simply reffering to other collaborating stories to reinforce already formed beliefs ?
edit on 2-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

Hell, much of established historic "fact" could be called "superficial interpretation". None of us were around say 200 years ago, but we take as fact what we are told, about the events and the people back in the day. None of us knew personally the people who founded this nation, but we believe what is written about them in our history books, and would likely be a completely different opinion , based on our predjudices as Americans, than say a native American booted off his land. We accept as fact, information told to us by people we have never met about other people, they have never met, filtered and strained through a belief system in line with national pride and the accepted line of thinking as set by our school systems and Universities.

I went off on a tangent slightly but the point is the past is interpreted allready for us, and most of us accept it. Why do you personally accept information as fact (assuming you believe the history books), on events you have no personal first hand knowledge of, while saying DocHolidaze is "interpreting" with a bias things you personally do not agree with?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by Max_TO

So why do we blindly except everything and anything as proof , without seeking more than another opinion peace to verify independently , for our selves ?

Ya know, I haven't experienced this. What I see is a few people who seem to accept without question, a large number that don't seem to hold any opinion, and a few "rabid" skeptics (those who won't accept anything...regardless).

I am fully aware of "how" my claims sound, but, I have yet to encounter anyone who has evaluated the data. So that "not getting another opinion" goes both ways.

The problem is that few do any research at all. Everyone else relies on those few opinions, well IF they find an opinion that they "like" anyway.

Seriously, you have never met anyone who has not evaluated the data? Seriously?!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Seriously, you have never met anyone who has not evaluated the data? Seriously?!

Seriously! I have never met anyone who HAS evaluated my data. With a couple of exceptions,they are "with me" in seeing a need for more data since what I have leaves many questions.

But, back to your question; No, most people who become aware of my claims and data, close ther minds, will not "look" at the data, and will make some foolish attempt at disqualifying it, usually withoout foundation of any sort. Then there are those who think you can address a question of Biology with Psychology

Most people do these things; reject an idea "out-of-hand", without any supporting data. It is as if they were too afraid to confront the probability. This lack ofresearch, and adhearence to "old" known faulty ideas that has ket yur secies "grounded" for over 1000 years longer than you should have been. It sees that most want to be "spoon fed" the truth, and only if it "tasts god". The "reliance" on others to do your work is purely lazy, the refusal to look at new idea and data could prove fatal for the entire species.

I have difficulty accepting the idea that no body seems to "see" this, yet, you continue to operate as if it were 1880 with mild technological and societal evelution. The evidence and answers are laid out for anyone with an open eye and mind to see and understand, yet you seem to wish to continue in darkness. And; some call you "intelligent".

edit on 3-8-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I'm new here so was unaware of you having specific data to evaluate, and other members not doing the work. But I have been a truth searcher on this and other topics for over 40 years so I have no problem looking at and evaluating your particular data.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Well. People jump to conclusion and sometimes use false factual evidence by complete accident. Sometimes people quandra up theories in there head using evidence they have been given (sometimes false evidence). This means when somebody who knows better can immediately question and if you like 'debunk' there theory or piece of evidence it can sometimes conflict with what they believe so much. To them what you are saying is untrue and they cannot believe it thus creating a debate. On the subject of Aliens , its incredible difficult to filter out truth and lies. The validity of evidence differs from person to person. If somebody tells you a personal story of them seeing Aliens but give no evidence you may find it ridiculous but to others that person is being truthful and the persons story is considered factual.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

One problem that I see with inturpeting history is we will often try to put the " story " in a modern context , rather then the context in which it was written .

Having said that , I take issue when someone trys to put a new spin on documented historical fact only to suit there own commercial goals . More often then not these same people will omit key points that go against there spin.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by crawdad1914

One problem that I see with inturpeting history is we will often try to put the " story " in a modern context , rather then the context in which it was written .

Having said that , I take issue when someone trys to put a new spin on documented historical fact only to suit there own commercial goals . More often then not these same people will omit key points that go against there spin.

Your post here, we are in agreement.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Please don't let me put any words into your mouth ...

But if I am reading you correctly , you are touching on the possibility that UFO's are some type of mental phenomenon ?

That's a very interesting aspect not often spoken about when dealing with UFO's .

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Didn't humans land on the Moon before?

I think that proves there is intelligent life (questionably when talking about humans lol) that has the capability of going to other worlds.

Fantom

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Oh, I know how intelligent Terrestrial Humans are. I would be One who would call you Intelligent.

But, going to the Moon is nothing, you now have within your grasp the means to travel to the Stars and you did it without any external help. If your scientists and engineers pay ateention you can visit Sirius in 50 years.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Also, you seem to be a bit out of date technologically speaking; this is 2012. And, for at least the past 6 years the ability and knowledge to build "field drives" for spacecraft has existed, right here on Earth. A field drive, like the ones Terrestrials have discovered will allow FTL, and the ability to reach nearest star in weeks.

Muck, just muck. Are you telling me using current tech that we can reach stars further afield than our solar system in a few weeks? Amazing, go work for Nasa

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OnionHead

You should become informed before you scoff:

Gravito-Electromagnetic Space Drives

A starship could be built with virtually off-the-shelf components.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

A starship could be built with virtually off-the-shelf components.

You really aren't getting it are you?

Edit:
Forget all the drivel though and sit back and think about what you are suggesting.

We have the tech to build a ship to take us to our nearest star outside the solar system in a few weeks, I am shocked that I am still not laughing and still arguing over it.

Proxima Centauri, 4.2 light years away, traveling at the speed of light that would be (According to my calculations lolz) 4.2 years of travel. So you know of a ship/tech that will get us there is a few weeks, excellent, and we can build it now? Amazing, im stupid and even I know this is stupid
edit on 4-8-2012 by OnionHead because: Dumb

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well I'm glad ypu understood the science. If you truly did understand however, you would notice that with the right kind of power system One can exploit the Kerr Metric, Making this little "field drive" system also FTL.

Seriously though, you should catch up on modern Terrestrial Physics. Peope of Earth are far more advanced, technlically speaking, that the average person even imagines. You truly, seriously, do have the abilities to travel up to 40ly in a fairly comfortable trip.

So, instead of sitting there, being your typical closed minded skeptic; learn aboout the world around you. It'll blow your mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Forgive me, I just realized you think you are from the galaxy Andromeda, and here we are arguing over something so trivial like traveling faster than the speed of light, haha, have you ever? What a donkey I am.

Firstly get yourself over to CERN, because some of the Earthlings greatest minds are there and they cant even shoot particles at the speed of light. What you want to do is go into the cafeteria (Its huge), and tell them all that you know more than them, tell them of your ship that can reach a distant star in a few weeks, ignore the laughing (They will be jealous)

Next, travel to NASA, I am sure they could use your information, rather than giving it out here.

Now, can you share some medical information, surely with such technology your people have a cure for such as Cancer which has plagued my family, how about the tech to manipulate weather, you know where I am going? Let it rain in Africa friend, and send us over some tips on a cure for HIV while you are there.

So many things, my mind is racing, its not everyday you get to meet such an advanced race, and you even had time to debate and argue with me over light speed on an internet forum, I feel privileged.

Lastly, please being an supreme intelligent extra terrestrial being please have the decency to make your website Apple friendly, it is 2012 afterall, do they only use windows on Andromeda?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Let me ask you guys a question. Suppose I told you that I'd just seen a flying saucer land on the white house lawn. How many other people would have to tell you the same thing before you'd believe it was true?

A simple question and you know what it means.

I await your answer.

If a flying saucer landed on the white house lawn - you would NOT be the ONLY witness surely

There would be visitors, staff, below stair staff (cleaners cooks chaufers gardners etc.) people

arriving people leaving. People living on the out skirts seeing an 'aircraft' low in the sky making

to land. (such as people living near and around an airport) So there would be MANY witnesses

I have been on this planet a LOT of years have had personal experiences i find hard to understand

and because i don't understand them i don't expect anyone else to. But in ALL these years and

all the people i have met in many countries I have never met ANY one who has seen a UFO.

Hi, thanks for replying.

My question was
"Suppose I told you that I'd just seen a flying saucer land on the white house lawn. How many other people would have to tell you the same thing before you'd believe it was true?
So far no skeptic has EVER replied with a figure.

I ask this question because in a recent thread I created (here) I offered evidence based on a whole school and other witnesses all seeing what they described as two flying saucers landing near to the school. In that thread skeptics argued that witnesses cannot be evidence.
I agree that one or two people do not add up to PROOF however when a very large number of witnesses all say they saw the same thing we ought to take notice.
One of the replies in that thread offered THIS explanation. It's a very good read, I highly recommend it.

"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So, you didn't even bother to read the linked paper, nor see where it is located!

What they are doing at CERN is a completely different princial. They are involved with Particle Physics, and as far as I am aware don't "consider" the Kerr Metric (meaning: Kerr equations don't "figure" into their work).

There is also the fact that "Hiem Space" doesn't "figure" into their work either.

If I went to NASA, they would probably send me on my way; because they're already working on the same thing.

As for Tech, solution to medical issues; sure, right after there is full disclosure by your governments ... planet wide.

I'm sorry your Apple doesn't support HTML/4.2. I suppose that since v5 is near the super intellignet folk at Apple simply didn't think you wanted something that was backward compatable. Perhaps you should upgrade to Windows and use firefox or something. Or you could upgrade to Linux, I think there a flavor of firefox for that. Actually, this looks like another case where you didn't do your homework.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Seems to me , and yes for all I know I could be wrong , but ...

There are a few problems facing " us " when it comes to faster than light , or near light space travel .

A new propulsion system

Energy source to drive the propulsion system

A way for the crew to deal with the radiation that they would be exposed to

Some type of shielding to deal with any type of contact / collision the ship would encounter with dust , and larger objects along the way

Would also assume that the ship would also have to have a navigation system that could also " move faster than light " if it was to preform the needed calculations .

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Seems to me , and yes for all I know I could be wrong , but ...

There are a few problems facing " us " when it comes to faster than light , or near light space travel .

A new propulsion system

This is done. In the paper I linked, the author states that a craft with a dive such as this could take off, and land like an aircraft.

Energy source to drive the propulsion system

Actually this system wouldn't require much. While true, it wouldn't run long on batteries, nor fuel cells, but there are other options. And, afterall, small, safe, nuclear reactors are common now.

A way for the crew to deal with the radiation that they would be exposed to

Some type of shielding to deal with any type of contact / collision the ship would encounter with dust , and larger objects along the way

Radiation in space is, for the most part, handled already.

Objects, are of course another question. I'm confidant that Materials Engineers can create something that will serve.

Would also assume that the ship would also have to have a navigation system that could also " move faster than light " if it was to preform the needed calculations .

Navigation is also covered; A modern "Cray Jaguar" would do nicely. Two of them and you've the whole ship covered.

The only issue is the exploitation of the Kerr Metric to allow FTL, but, there are published papers on systes that can be adaped to allow this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join