It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem I have with Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i never once mentioned God, r u just making up stuff now?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What ?

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Max_TO

its fact that many of our historical artifacts and testimony point towards the sky and indicate beings from the sky just as there are artifacts and testimony of beings coming from the ground

Sorry if I am mistaken , but historically those beings are refured to as " Gods " , no ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

As far as I know no life, carbon or other has been found by any of our investigative methods. Just being alone in the universe does not make us special, it just describes a possible situation/outcome.

I tend to think of us as being quite unique, all things have this quality when viewed with an empty mind...a mind devoid of theory.
If it is true/plausible that all things have come from the same act of creation...Big bang/God, everything is equal, no special cases...the act itself just `is`, nothing can be singled out to compare with/to challenge the whole.

So as things stand, I accept the position of being alone until shown otherwise, and I do not believe our form of life to be particularly special...but when you forget about logical demands, classification issues, fads and trends, this thing `life` is quite astounding...even my tiny mind can comprehend this much, if others are viewing the same scene I hope that they carry the same kind of sentiment.

just a few thoughts on a good topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

as u pointed out gods is just a misinterpretation, that's why i said beings, but yes many religions and civilizations have pointed out that something other than human is coming from the ground and sky, but it doesn't stop there myths legends and stories that have no affiliation with religion have also indicated other beings and objects coming from the earth sea and sky, so to completely discount anything on this subject, from are historys documented or not, is irresponsible, unless of course you have an agenda as motive for this thread. if you can prove aliens have never visited and or already lived here i will recant my statment

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Most of the threads on ATS are by people that have never cracked a book, especially one of the older books on flying saucers that took long hard looks at some of the best cases and/or got into the intricacies of the Rand Report, the Estimate of the Situation, the informal scientific studies, the early fighter gun movies, Project Sign, Project Grudge, Project Bluebook, The telling words and memo of the early generals, etc. The real data trail is wide and rich with detail, folk, you can't simply dismiss over half a century of the phenomena with a slap-dash thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

So then , you are saying that these ancient stories of " beings " is proof of aliens ?

And because some still aren't to clear as to why I posted this thread , I will say it again .......

I want to see people do some research for them selves and not simply act as a parrot repeating factual errors they herd and liked .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i will reefer u to my op on this thread, i never claimed proof of anything, i don't keep repeating "pics or didn't happen" like others in your camp, and the reason im not skeptical of aliens is because of the reasons i have discussed today, if u wanna keep repeating the same thing over and over like a doll with a pull string be my guest, i will continue to look for answers.

i would be with u, buuuutttt, stories, myths legends, recorded history, un recorded history, paintings, lost city's, old city's, monuments, structures and buildings have always told of weird beings and objects coming from the sky so i cant say they are not here, and instead of using the same argument, "pics or didnt happen" i try an keep my eyes and ears open , and refuse to close my mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Max_TO

i will reefer u to my op on this thread, i never claimed proof of anything, i don't keep repeating "pics or didn't happen" like others in your camp, and the reason im not skeptical of aliens is because of the reasons i have discussed today, if u wanna keep repeating the same thing over and over like a doll with a pull string be my guest, i will continue to look for answers.

i would be with u, buuuutttt, stories, myths legends, recorded history, un recorded history, paintings, lost city's, old city's, monuments, structures and buildings have always told of weird beings and objects coming from the sky so i cant say they are not here, and instead of using the same argument, "pics or didnt happen" i try an keep my eyes and ears open , and refuse to close my mind.

What's this , I have a camp ?

And sorry your English is kinda poor , but I didn't understand what you were trying to say about pictures

And not to sure why you keep mentioning ancient stories and myth ? When I asked you if you were implying that those stories were proof you simply avoided my question and attempted to turn it around on me .

Sorry , I am not following you .

You did notice that in my OP I never once said aliens didn't exist right ?

You did see that I was taking issues with blind faith when it comes to the alien issue and how that blind faith can serve to discredit ones own case when one repeats factual errors , right ?
edit on 2-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

you= i don't have physical prof so it didn't happen

me= based on our history it is probable there is other beings than us

you sit there repeating yourself without trying to look for answers, and i will continue to keep my mind open in search for prof. i wish my task was as easy as yours

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I make no claims about alien visitation, but you must admit the dude in my avatar photo is a chick magnet.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So why do we blindly except everything and anything as proof , without seeking more than another opinion peace to verify independently , for our selves ?

Ya know, I haven't experienced this. What I see is a few people who seem to accept without question, a large number that don't seem to hold any opinion, and a few "rabid" skeptics (those who won't accept anything...regardless).

I am fully aware of "how" my claims sound, but, I have yet to encounter anyone who has evaluated the data. So that "not getting another opinion" goes both ways.

The problem is that few do any research at all. Everyone else relies on those few opinions, well IF they find an opinion that they "like" anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Let me ask you guys a question. Suppose I told you that I'd just seen a flying saucer land on the white house lawn. How many other people would have to tell you the same thing before you'd believe it was true?

A simple question and you know what it means.

I await your answer.

If a flying saucer landed on the white house lawn - you would NOT be the ONLY witness surely

There would be visitors, staff, below stair staff (cleaners cooks chaufers gardners etc.) people

arriving people leaving. People living on the out skirts seeing an 'aircraft' low in the sky making

to land. (such as people living near and around an airport) So there would be MANY witnesses

I have been on this planet a LOT of years have had personal experiences i find hard to understand

and because i don't understand them i don't expect anyone else to. But in ALL these years and

all the people i have met in many countries I have never met ANY one who has seen a UFO.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have decided to boycot all Youtube vids of aliens, UFOs, ghosts, and demons. I just feel this medium is a fools playground. I am not an expert in CGI so cannot make an expert opinion. I think UFOlogy has reached a low point over the last 20 years and is more about personal agenda and self-promotion.

Of course the diehard conspiracy-theorists will claim that deeply embedded in all the BS is the truth that TPTB want to hide from us.

T

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I guess if anyone has information regarding intelligent alien life forms hanging out close to home then maybe you should produce it to SETI.

Is there life elsewhere in the galaxy (Never mind the universe as a whole), probably. Do we know for sure? NO!!!!! It is fine having beliefs, but personally I find it extremely frustrating when people speak of events and things that are unproven as fact. The same people would call you sheeple or narrow minded when really it is their own mind that is stuck in a one track narrow minded first gear.

I would love nothing more than a ship to park itself in the sky somewhere for all to see, why hide their superior intelligence? If our fastest rocket (With unlimited fuel) pointed to our nearest star (Other than the sun of course), it would take like 80,000 years to reach it, so we have an alien life form (According to some) with the capability of traveling vast distances using obviously supreme intelligence to visit Earth yet they hide? Strange. Are we even worth the visit at all is another debate.

Stories of aliens with 2 big eyes, arms and legs in flying discs with lights is lolington, just lol

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Sorry you just don't seem to be following along or reading what I have been posting .

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OnionHead

Just a couple thing ...

Is there life elsewhere in the galaxy (Never mind the universe as a whole), probably. Do we know for sure? NO!!!!!

Actually, you do know for sure. Just because you don't observe first-hand does not mean lack of evidence, and, the presence of biological by-products most certainly means life at some level.

Also, you seem to be a bit out of date technologically speaking; this is 2012. And, for at least the past 6 years the ability and knowledge to build "field drives" for spacecraft has existed, right here on Earth. A field drive, like the ones Terrestrials have discovered will allow FTL, and the ability to reach nearest star in weeks. Terrestrials currently have all the required technology, and knowledge to build starships and travel to the nearer stars, say within 40ly.

So please, if you are going to make ET uber-intelligent, stop for a moment and catch up with what your species is doing. ET is not so advanced as you want him to be.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Very interesting ! Can you please post a link to that info ? It would be a fascinating read !

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I wonder what the aliens did with their old saucers?

As it turns out, UFOs have as much to do with social psychology as anything else. Putting aside the question of their "reality," and eliminating sightings of experimental military craft, there is a big component of the phenomenon that has to do with the expectations of the people experiencing the UFOs. Essentially, UFOs present themselves to us in different ways according to what we want or expect them to be at any given time.

It's the same as any other thing. If you walk outside and look on the street, you expect to see the cars looking mostly like they belong in 2012. Once in a while, you'll see a vintage car, but mostly you see what you expect. What would happen if you really expected to see cars from the 1930s? Would your brain still be able to process the cars from 2012? Possibly not. You could literally be amazed by the sight.

What happened to the saucers? Just like vintage cars, there are still a few around. But for the most part, we expect our UFOs to be up to date with the times. So that's what we see.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Very interesting ! Can you please post a link to that info ? It would be a fascinating read !

Current Research in Gravito-Electromagnetic Space Propulsion: Here

This is actually a sort f follow up on a 2004 paper on Gravito-Electragnetics. In the first paper they noticed that not only did this system provide artificial gravity, but that a "thrust" vector was present. Though in the early expirements this thrust vector was wholly unusable. In the more recent work, they have added a component that causes the "thrust vector" to align with the rotational axis, making the system useful as a general purpose space drive system.

The current work is mostly "lab" work right now, however, this system if properly scaled will provide wonderous benefits to space travel. For instance, The spinning Niobium mass, causes an increase in the devices "frame-dragging" properties. This can have the effect of slowing or speeding up of the "local clock" (rate at which time passes). Doing this can offset the effects of time dilation; making interstellar travel practical.

And, it is "right there". Built it! You can use mostly "off-the-shelf" components.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hmmm the link isn't working

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join