It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem I have with Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My goodness , what a thing this ATS Aliens forum has turned into .

Just about anything and everything is being posted and excepted by the faithful as " proof " of aliens .

It seems that the wanting to believe in aliens  has replaced rational thinking when dealing with the issue of aliens and disclosure .

It would also seem to me that many in the " want to prove camp " do more to discredit there own position .

In some cases factual errors are slipped into presentations to " strengthen " there case but , once again , do more to hurt there  own case . 

But why would one allow factual errors , or hold back known evidence , when presenting their " case " ?

Often , more often than not actually , we are told of Alaxander the Great seeing a UFO . Unfortunatly this story is false . One does not even need to look hard to find the real story , but one does need to look .

So why do we blindly except everything and anything as proof , without seeking more than another opinion peace to verify independently , for our selves ?

Are there aliens and are they visiting us ? Who can say .

If we are willing to say that there are aliens , then why not enter dimensional , or military black opp's ? On that note , seems a bit odd that UFO tech seems to be evolving at the same pace as our tech , no ? Remember the old saucer shape object that looked like it was out of place and just strange ,covered with the same looking metal as our jets at the time ? 

Now look at the UFO tech , its up to par with our stealth bombers , almost rivaling their flying triangle thingy !
Hmmmm , I wonder what the aliens did with there old saucers ?

Personally , I would like to see people do more research for them selves and not go running off presenting Richard C Hogland as fact , or some  other persons opinion . If a person wants to believe , then they should be even more critical with there desire to prove it to them selves first , and not simply seeking out another opinion peace that only reinforces there own wanting desires .

edit on 2-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The problem I have with aliens is that they're sneaky buggers. Like ninjas. They're in, they're out, they @#*& with a few people, allow some bad photography and videography, and they're illegal. Invading our airspace and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
So why do we blindly except everything and anything as proof.

I don't know but this goes for any subject. For some reason it's backwards, people want proof that something doesn't exist or something isn't true. I think ATS has a large Christian user base, maybe that's why they believe things without proof.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I think it's a large liberal base and they're used to believing the implausable.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Surprising you say that . I find many in the alien camp tend to believe the aliens are our creator , not a God .

But my friend you are right , this statement can be applied to any topic . People who want to believe will except almost anything if it fits the framework of their belief system as truth . These same people can also get very upset when challenged .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Well , there's that too

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
are u talking about aliens visiting us or just aliens in general?cause if ur saying that u believe that we r the only thing living in the whole universe then i wud call that narrow minded,we aint special,infact i wudn,t be surprised if we were classed the lowest of the low in the scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

No

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Now look at the UFO tech , its up to par with our stealth bombers , almost rivaling their flying triangle thingy !
Hmmmm , I wonder what the aliens did with there old saucers ?

This got me giggles a bit. "Up to par".

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let me ask you guys a question. Suppose I told you that I'd just seen a flying saucer land on the white house lawn. How many other people would have to tell you the same thing before you'd believe it was true?

A simple question and you know what it means.

I await your answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
no ur not talking about aliens just visiting us?just a no doesn,t help

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i would be with u, buuuutttt, stories, myths legends, recorded history, un recorded history, paintings, lost city's, old city's, monuments, structures and buildings have always told of weird beings and objects coming from the sky so i cant say they are not here, and instead of using the same argument, "pics or didnt happen" i try an keep my eyes and ears open , and refuse to close my mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Are there aliens and are they visiting us ? Who can say .

There are MILLIONS of us who can say only, you won't listen without tangible proof.

This isn't about believing anymore. It's about knowing. We're leaving the age of belief-systems and entering into an age of knowledge.
You'll see

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Max_TO

i would be with u, buuuutttt, stories, myths legends, recorded history, un recorded history, paintings, lost city's, old city's, monuments, structures and buildings have always told of weird beings and objects coming from the sky so i cant say they are not here, and instead of using the same argument, "pics or didnt happen" i try an keep my eyes and ears open , and refuse to close my mind.

Sorry but that is simply not true , even if it is touted as fact . They are simply superficial interpretations of ancient artifacts

Are we excepting this testimony as fact because it is told to us , or because we picked one item offered as fact and checked it up for our selves , reffering to excepted , documented , facts to check these opnions ? Or are we simply reffering to other collaborating stories to reinforce already formed beliefs ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
The problem I have with aliens is that they're sneaky buggers. Like ninjas. They're in, they're out, they @#*& with a few people, allow some bad photography and videography, and they're illegal. Invading our airspace and whatnot.

Whose to say we're not invading their space? After all, we have no idea how we even got here!
Ask someone religious they'll say Adam and Eve (Creationism)
Ask someone scientific, they'll say evolution.

As a species, we're very confused. We're truly a race with amnesia.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

whats not true? you were not clear in your statement

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Superficial interpretations of ancient artifacts .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by LeSigh

Whose to say we're not invading their space? After all, we have no idea how we even got here!
Ask someone religious they'll say Adam and Eve (Creationism)
Ask someone scientific, they'll say evolution.

As a species, we're very confused. We're truly a race with amnesia.

ask someone religious then its a god who hasn,t shown himself for thousands of years,why not?

we,r here for what reason i don,t know but what i do know is theres more like us somewhere in the universe and we,r not as special as we think we are........why is it so easy to believe theres some superior being but ur a bit nuts to think other life exists? just don,t get it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

its fact that many of our historical artifacts and testimony point towards the sky and indicate beings from the sky just as there are artifacts and testimony of beings coming from the ground so to state otherwise would be a statement of someone that either has an agenda or poor observation,and critical thinking skills, which are you?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

So you are saying that the ancient testament of God's is proof of aliens ?

Sorry but that doesnt prove either case in my books . Critical thinking isn't picking what sounds good or drawing conclusions on simplified historical presentations offered by a bias host .

In fact , if you research for yourself you will discover why the ancients looked to the heavens and told these stories .

Once again , it's not hard to find , one simply needs to look for them selvs .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join