It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolic Meaning or Symbolically Meaningless?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not sure what category to put this in? Recently I been getting really interested in symbolism in everything and how it connects or what it means if anything at all. I found instead of browsing through endless information from unlimited sources and getting bored I would turn it in to a game. I am starting to constantly keep a look out for something that looks interesting and catches my eye, and if I am not sure what it is Ill take a photo and then do some research. Here I present two that are inconclusive but I will show you my interpretation of what I think they mean. One I took in Pane a sandwich shop and the other was art on the wall outside a Panda Express.

1st: Image in question is the bottom-center, which to me looked like some sort of celtic knot. So I did some searching and I came up with an exact match and it was called the "Wrotham Knot". Unlike most other celtic knots for which you can find a meaning and origin this one seems to be mysterious besides the fact it popped up on a crop field once and is a few websites on a google search. Maybe someone can shine a little more light on it for me?

2nd: Ok this one was just eye catching because of the weird choice of positing of the pandas. I annotated one version with what I came up for it. Looks to me like the hanging man or fool waiting around looking for meaning hanging on by a thread. On the Reverse end of that thread is the panda that thinks they are fulfilling gods will whatever god that may be sitting comfortable with the fool under their control with the obvious eye symbol in the middle watching over it all.

edit on 2-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That is a pentagram made out in a hubcap.

Symbols are everywhere, no?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yes they are, thats why I said I was giving my interpretation of what I saw. The fact that they are everywhere makes it a more enjoyable way of learning about them.

Edit: Also the first one was an actual symbol, I was not interpreting it just wondering if anyone knows anything about it as I could not find anything beyond what I said above.
edit on 2-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added input

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Actually those pandas are on a merry go round. If you haven't seen one before there is a picture below. It just looks like an eye because of perspective.

edit on 8/2/2012 by Xaberz because: added more info

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
Actually those pandas are on a merry go round. If you haven't seen one before there is a picture below. It just looks like an eye because of perspective.

I wouldn't have picked up on that in a million years. Good eye!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yes they are, thats why I said I was giving my interpretation of what I saw. The fact that they are everywhere makes it a more enjoyable way of learning about them.

Edit: Also the first one was an actual symbol, I was not interpreting it just wondering if anyone knows anything about it as I could not find anything beyond what I said above.
edit on 2-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added input

Its shape is in the form of a The Mobius Strip, or Mobius Continuum. It symbolizes transformation. www.mobiusproductsandservices.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz

Haha smarta**, yeah now that you point it out I see it but wow if it was never pointed out would have never guessed. Also thanks for the info on the other symbol love that I can come here and learn new things daily Thanks guys!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

The Chinese are a mysterious people full of wonderful myths and folklore, the Panda is a special part of that history.
The painting is a depiction of the story of the Panda brothers Tang and Wang who created the "golden shower" during the Yuan Dynasty with a beautiful, sun drenched, high arching stream flowing into a jade cup.
Shortly after this the Germans built the Great Wall Of China to keep the Panda's from peeing in the bushes.

top topics

join