It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want real change? Easy solution....VOTE!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not voting lets those who DO vote decide. It's lame to assume people are not a part of the decision making process. Like the saying goes, Don't vote? Don't bitch!

Can't express it any stronger. From the Dog Catcher to the congressman/person, these people ARE YOUR LEADERS. Don't be a loser and NOT vote. Be a decision maker in your own life. VOTE!!! Your vote DOES matter, look up the person/progression of your leaders. This is why idiots or leaders are elected. Think your vote doesn't matter??? THINK again!!!. Non voters are losers! Sorry I don't have any thing else to add. The title says it all.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

YOU CAN'T DENY IT, TRY AS YOU MAY

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yep. Thing is I've voted since I was 18 and I haven't seen real change yet. Problem is, the puppetmasters say "you have a choice of the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right." At least on the national level, either way one votes, we lose. Any potential candidate that shows that he is not going to be a puppet, like Ron Paul, are run out on rails and ridiculed. Want real change? Vote for the non-puppet.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm laughing at this thread because not too long ago, someone posted a thread ranting about the right to NOT vote.

Sorry, you already got beat to this punch.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'm laughing at this thread because not too long ago, someone posted a thread ranting about the right to NOT vote.

Sorry, you already got beat to this punch.

Nope, didn't get beat to THIS punch. I am ranting about VOTING. Don't be an idiot and NOT vote. Someone voted the president as a senator....and as a president. FIGURE IT OUT. It doesn't take a rocket scientist!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Yes, because history has shown that the vote of the people matters. Just ask Al Gore and Ron Paul.

Riddle me this. Does democracy mean that the government is run by the people and for the people. Or does it mean that everyone gets a vote? I believe the answer changes if you are in a position of power or not. The common people would say it is a government for the people by the people. While those in power would say it simply means everyone has a vote (which they promptly ignore).

Relevant quote "Everyone votes for a dictator".

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton

Yes, because history has shown that the vote of the people matters. Just ask Al Gore and Ron Paul.

Riddle me this. Does democracy mean that the government is run by the people and for the people. Or does it mean that everyone gets a vote? I believe the answer changes if you are in a position of power or not. The common people would say it is a government for the people by the people. While those in power would say it simply means everyone has a vote (which they promptly ignore).

Relevant quote "Everyone votes for a dictator".

Riddle me this, who voted who into power???? Like I said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist......maybe that is your problem. No one has responded with their own afirmative action info. Losers don't vote. Can't say it enough times.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's lame to assume people are not a part of the decision making process.

Don't vote? Don't bitch!

these people ARE YOUR LEADERS. Don't be a loser and NOT vote.

Your vote DOES matter

Non voters are losers!

mmmmm...
Naw, i dont think im gonna vote. This actually had opposite affect in convincing someone to "Vote"
edit on 2-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Don't be a loser and NOT vote.

Non voters are losers!

Don't be an idiot and NOT vote.

You People are showing your idiocy. So shameful, so lame.

Way to hammer Home your Point - Not.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
LOL....Yeah, voting works SO WELL, doesn't it??

Calling people idiots because they exercise their right not to vote is truly pathetic. And it was me who beat you to the punch!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fully explain why I refuse to vote in federal elections, and it has nothing to do with being an "idiot" or a "loser", as you are so quick to call others. Read it, understand it, and then explain to us again how our votes actually change things for the better.

I look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So you voted for the Patriot Act, NDAA 2012, drones over America, war with the entire middle east, no child left behind, carbon taxes, raises for congress, etc...? Well then I guess we have you to thank.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
LOL....Yeah, voting works SO WELL, doesn't it??

Calling people idiots because they exercise their right not to vote is truly pathetic. And it was me who beat you to the punch!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fully explain why I refuse to vote in federal elections, and it has nothing to do with being an "idiot" or a "loser", as you are so quick to call others. Read it, understand it, and then explain to us again how our votes actually change things for the better.

I look forward to it.
This is exactly why the people we DON"t want to lead us are in power. Fu#kin Christ, like I said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist. You People are showing your idiocy. So shameful, so lame.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Great Thread and kudos to the courage THIS position took among this crowd. lol..

I find in many cases...NOT ALL (Looks at our distinguished kitty down the thread) but many cases, the 'it doesn't matter anyway' it weak and pathetic posturing for why they can't drop the ding dongs one day every 4 years and carry their butts to the booth to vote. Having said that..I know, some really don't vote for true conviction. I respect that. I just think it's the exception, not the rule.

Your thread is important and means something though because voting means something. The President isn't voted in by the population but by the Electoral College. We vote THEM, not him. So... Federal? yeah.. I see the point some make.

However... The guys who have already been to my door for Missouri Rep, and Missouri Statehouse positions to get my vote ARE elected directly by me and that makes voting in every election worth it as well as a true (as corny as it sounds) civic DUTY.

besides... there are always ballot measures to vote yes on..and new local taxes to vote NO on. Missouri even lets us vote OUT all the judges! We can't vote them IN....but we have a vote to throw them OUT each time. I hope no Judge I ever get in front of for something reads this, but I take pleasure voting 'OUT' on all of 'em.

voting can actually be kinda fun!

*** I'd missed the post directly above mine and missed the vicious attack on the other members... Heck, even I made a comment so not to offend a member on the thread for what I wrote.

I Agree with the premise for your thread and your op made sense. In light of how it went though.... My flag's off. That...went to Fail real quick.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
youve been drinking waaaayyy too much kool-aid thinking that votes count... newsflash for ya ... the game is rigged to make the slaves erm... citizens think they have a voice ...

would recommend
1. stop drinking the kool-aid
2. a visit to a deprogrammer to clear your head of all the propaganda you've been fed ...
3. take a nice long holiday

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The people who are pulling the strings are not elected. Your argument is actually pretty lame itself, if not actually non-existent. You have not convinced me in any way, shape, or form, of anything, except that you are somewhat immature and lack the ability to frame your argument in a cogent, logical way.

FAIL.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I agree. I starred you also to show that I do vote for things I am in agreement with. Trouble is that we have only a few choices sometimes. bad or worse, which do you vote for?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You really should show more tact. Calling names and spewing rhetoric is a sign of immaturity and weakness.

I actually DO vote because I think it is important and effective on the local level. However, it has shown to have absolutely zero impact on the national level. There are thousands of laws passed every year that I guarantee would not pass if popular opinion was actually considered.

In fact, I take offense to you suggesting that to clean up this mess people just need to vote. People not voting is NOT the problem. The problem is that once decisions are being 'voted' on by delegates it is a complete fraud; popular opinion is NOT considered. When you stand on your soap box and proclaim the issue is the lack of everyone's vote you are misdirecting from the real issue.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
youve been drinking waaaayyy too much kool-aid thinking that votes count... newsflash for ya ... the game is rigged to make the slaves erm... citizens think they have a voice ...

would recommend
1. stop drinking the kool-aid
2. a visit to a deprogrammer to clear your head of all the propaganda you've been fed ...
3. take a nice long holiday

Sooooo, who did you vote in??????

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Voting changes nothing.

The whole voting thing is just too corrupt, too much money is involved, nothing but liars up for election - how/why should I vote when I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in any politicians? They're all just a gang of greedy crooks, who in their right mind would vote for any of them?

I'm in the UK and our elections are as fake as those in the USA.

It's already been decided who our next leaders are going to be, but we only get to find out who that is after the fake vote count is complete.

How can I vote when I believe elections are all just a huge facade?
edit on 2-8-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Voting changes nothing.

The whole voting thing is just too corrupt, too much money is involved, too many liars up for election - how/why should I vote when I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in any of the candidates?

It's already been decided who our next leaders are going to be, but we only get to find out who that is after the fake vote count is complete.

Just goes to show you that you dont get it. WHO DID YOU VOTE IN??

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Voting changes nothing.

The whole voting thing is just too corrupt, too much money is involved, too many liars up for election - how/why should I vote when I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in any of the candidates?

VOTING CHANGES EVERYTHING. I Need say nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join