It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect My Right To NOT VOTE!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
FissionSurplus

I think many people support your way than you think. Consider that in my district about 10%-12% of the people bother to vote. If you ask them why the answer is about the same as you gave. I vote for local offices even though most of those overstay their welcome for decades by people just voting along party lines regardless if that politician has done anything. The only way they get booted out is if they get caught shoplifting (as our last kleptomaniac mayor was).

I'm 39 and I have never voted for a Presidential candidate because I never believed either of the parties message. I usually write in one of town drunks into that slot. At least the local radio station gets a laugh out of announcing the local town drunk' as having 3 votes.

edit on 2/8/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

LOL, writing in the town drunk. Classic! He'd probably do a better job, too!

I realize that there are many people who share my view point, but there is a vocal minority who freaks out if you tell them you choose not to vote. Please see this thread to get an idea of the virulent minority and the meanness they use towards their fellow Americans who do not share their view:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

yeah, Sonny did that one for me, its pretty cool

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Fission,

your stance on this reminds me of a conversation i was having with a buddy of mine a couple of weeks ago about how he still wasn't sure as to who he was going to be voting for in November. the moment he said this my mind started racing back to what happened in the 2000 elections, and what has happened since the 2008 elections in which i myself voted for obama.

my take on it is quite simple - i'm not voting until i feel confident that my vote will a) be counted and b) go towards a candidate which isn't propped up to the podium by wells fargo and friends. i thought this was going to be the case with obama, but surely enough some of his biggest contributors were exactly what i was looking to vote against. the game is rigged, and "their" collective fate of going down with the sinking ship has been sealed.

surely enough, though, i was quickly criticized for being a conspiratorial maniac. this has been happening to me quite often as most of my friends have no interest in figuring out what the truth of the matter is, so they just go along with what i like to call the "official life narrative." worry about the pretty candidate (that has been picked out for you), not about the state of the country. worry about when you want your favorite show to come on, not about your favorite elected official - that's all been taken care of.

it comes to a point where i just don't want to vote. it's like asking me to choose between a coke or a pepsi. if anything, it feels more right to not be a participant in this government takeover by choosing to not vote. in fact i feel worse about voting for obama in '08 than not voting for anyone at all.

what's worse? not taking part of a disaster because you don't want to become a catalyst, or taking part in a disaster only to find out that you're a contributing factor as to why it's so disastrous?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join