It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaires and Billionaires shouldnt pay a penny in taxes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Americans don't consider themselves poor or average, but merely as temporarily disgraced millionaires.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
the rich bastards should feed the world

"The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2008 and 2009," issued by CBO on July 10, reports that the top 1% of income earners paid 39% of federal individual income taxes in 2009, while earning 13% of the income. That means their share of federal income taxes was three times their share of income.
And that is down from 2007, before President Obama was even elected. In that year, after 25 years of Reagan Republican tax policies, the top 1% paid 40% of federal individual income taxes. That was more than double the 17.6% of federal individual income taxes paid by the top 1% when President Reagan entered office in 1981.
Also in 2007, again before Obama was even elected, and after 25 years of Reaganomics, the bottom 40% of income earners on net as a group paid less than 0% of federal income taxes. Instead of paying at least some income taxes to help support the federal government, the federal government paid them cash through the income tax code.
Does that reality sound like what you hear in President Obama's deceiving speeches?
CBO further reported that in 2009 the top 20% of income earners, those earning more than $74,000, paid 94% of federal individual income taxes, virtually all of the net total. That was 85% more than the share of national income they earned.
Yet, in that same year, the middle 20% of income earners, the true middle class, paid 2.7% of total federal individual income taxes on net, while earning 15% of before-tax income. And the bottom 40% of income earners, instead of paying some income taxes to support the federal government, were paid by the IRS cash equal to 10% of federal individual income taxes on net.
That means altogether the bottom 60% of income earners, which includes the middle class, paid less than 0% of total federal individual income taxes as a group on net. Instead, as a group, they received net cash payments from the IRS on net.
article

they are feeding the world.

how much more do you propose we steal from the "rich"?

edit on 3-8-2012 by bjax9er because: link

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Why do you keep avoiding my question about hwy you hate freedom?

Clearly you are embarrassed by your anti freedom sentiments.

Are you equating "income" taxation with freedom? Is that your point or am I "misrepresenting" your point? What is your point, again? Have you figured that out yet?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Why do you keep avoiding my question about hwy you hate freedom?

Clearly you are embarrassed by your anti freedom sentiments.

So taxing the people = freedom? I ask you, should there be a limit on what the State can tax its "free" citizens? Or should the tax be whatever the State decides to be?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Fair enough but I asked you a question. In jest or not, you expertly dodge the question. Since you implied that the other poster was making that claim, what is your stance?!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I was merely making a comical reference to mr Zodauex's debate tactic of framing someone elses opinion inaccurately, and then demanding they stand account to his misrepresentation.

I have asked you several times now to clarify your point. You not only refuse to do so, you instead play this game of yours. It is not our game, I have continually attempted to get you to clarify what you meant by that initial post, but still you refuse to answer. It is way past disingenuous at this point to complain of my "misrepresentations" when you refuse to explain how it is I am misrepresenting your point.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2008 and 2009," issued by CBO on July 10, reports that the top 1% of income earners paid 39% of federal individual income taxes in 2009, while earning 13% of the income.

So the top 1% of income earners earned 13% of the income. How the f does that even work?
After that I admit I didnt bother reading much of what else you posted.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l

"The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2008 and 2009," issued by CBO on July 10, reports that the top 1% of income earners paid 39% of federal individual income taxes in 2009, while earning 13% of the income.

So the top 1% of income earners earned 13% of the income. How the f does that even work?
After that I admit I didnt bother reading much of what else you posted.

well maybe you should read the rest.

or you can read the article from which it came.

of course you didn't read the rest, because it can't possibly be true right?
that would go against the marxist propaganda the democrats feed the sheep everyday.

must-----believe----- every------ word-----Obama------regurgitates-----from------the------communist------manifesto----

you do not have the right to a portion of someone else's life.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Night Star

think of all the jobs that would be created if we didnt ask the job creators to pay any taxes.
we would have so many jobs that the whole nation would be employed.

wages would skyrocket because of all the jobs that the job creators would create that we could actually raise taxes on the middle class and poor because they would have so much money. many people in the middle class and lower class could become job creators themselves because they would also have so much money.

any tax cut for the job creators will simply not be enough. that is just keeping another job from being created.

to save america and the working class and poor we must have jobs. reduce taxes on the job creators to zero and id bet you see 12 million new jobs created in no time. after those jobs are filled more job creators will be created and they will create more jobs and america would be great again.

You are an elf. What does an elf know of human affairs? All I know is the rich always get richer and the poor get poorer.

you are a semi nude barbarian woman what do you know, never mind.

Good one!
I chose that avatar because she looks like a warrior and with all the chaos in life, we have to be warriors to rise above it. That, and I used to have hair like hers. LOL

Anyway, yeah I don't know much, but I do know that the little people get screwed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I was merely making a comical reference to mr Zodauex's debate tactic of framing someone elses opinion inaccurately, and then demanding they stand account to his misrepresentation.

I have asked you several times now to clarify your point. You not only refuse to do so, you instead play this game of yours. It is not our game, I have continually attempted to get you to clarify what you meant by that initial post, but still you refuse to answer. It is way past disingenuous at this point to complain of my "misrepresentations" when you refuse to explain how it is I am misrepresenting your point.

Hardly. My point was simple. From an anarchist perspective (which i dont wholly agree with, but in the vein of the OP's sarcasm...), i said ending ALL taxes (made no reference to income taxes) should be abolished. I said it several times now. But you just play a semantics game where you ignore a simple point, misconstrue it to suit your own ends, and then demand answers to spurious questions.

Youve attempted to, among other things, pretend i conflated all taxes with income taxes, pretended i said income taxes lead to child labor laws, and pretended i said the wealthy are not doing well in this day and age. Then, after pointing out I never said any of this, you demanded to know how i DID feel about these issues which i never raised. It's a game you play. I play along because its entertaining. And i like giving you stars.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Fair enough but I asked you a question. In jest or not, you expertly dodge the question. Since you implied that the other poster was making that claim, what is your stance?!

I didnt realize i was dodging your question. I just didnt answer them because they didnt seem to relate to anything i actually said. But if you wish, i'll gladly answer them.

I presume you meant these:

should there be a limit on what the State can tax its "free" citizens?

Sure.

Or should the tax be whatever the State decides to be?

No, that doesnt seem right.
edit on 3-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Night Star

You are an elf. What does an elf know of human affairs? All I know is the rich always get richer and the poor get poorer.

Link is not an elf, he is an Hylian! Get your fact straight, wench! : )

I stand corrected. Um...what's a Hylian and why do they have elf ears?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hardly. My point was simple. From an anarchist perspective (which i dont wholly agree with, but in the vein of the OP's sarcasm...), i said ending ALL taxes (made no reference to income taxes) should be abolished. I said it several times now.

Are you seriously saying that what you've just explained you've said several times now? Really? That's your story?

The sarcasm was clear, but then you end with this:

Roads can crumble, militaries grind to a halt, social services cease. Sounds awesome. I'm sure everything would work out just fine.

This is your point, is it not? Sarcasm is, after all, a part of satire and satire is, after all, social commentary. Since you are not advocating an anarchist point of view, and I sincerely doubt anyone thought you were, what was the point of this sarcasm? What is the commentary behind it?

It is also absurd to get defensive and start accusing people who interpret your sarcasm as creating strawman arguments.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Read this book,
www.amazon.com...

Take Two Aspirin and then call on me that enlightened morning.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

think of all the jobs that would be created if we didnt ask the job creators to pay any taxes.
we would have so many jobs that the whole nation would be employed.

wages would skyrocket because of all the jobs that the job creators would create that we could actually raise taxes on the middle class and poor because they would have so much money. many people in the middle class and lower class could become job creators themselves because they would also have so much money.

any tax cut for the job creators will simply not be enough. that is just keeping another job from being created.

to save america and the working class and poor we must have jobs. reduce taxes on the job creators to zero and id bet you see 12 million new jobs created in no time. after those jobs are filled more job creators will be created and they will create more jobs and america would be great again.

That is the single dumbest idea I have ever heard in my life.

Read an economic textbook. Seriously...any economic textbook. While they may differ in some matters, pretty much all will indicate that in no uncertain terms that for the sum total of human history it is the demand which precedes supply and dictates price.

It was only in 1979/80 when Reagan got everything so incredibly backwards that global community of economists, financiers, and people who could read and write were forced to coin the terms "voodoo economics", "Reaganomics", and "supply-side" economics in an attempt to explain this radical and blatantly incorrect re-interpretation of economic facts.

...and here we are. After 32 years of psychological warfare and media brainwashing you have somehow become convinced that rich douchebags "create jobs" instead of people's desires for goods and services.

As a lifelong republican, small business owner, and millionaire (which really isn't a whole lot of money anymore by the way) I will state plainly and for the record that we need to sharply increase taxes on millionaires, gouge the bejeebies out of the billionaires, and simply seize all of the assets of the Rockefellers, Rothschildes, Warburgs, and Morgans and then proceed to bring them to trial and (presumably) execute them like the traitors to the human species that they are.

If we don't raise taxes and cut spending it won't matter how much money you do or not have...the only thing it will be good for is kindling.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by eyeinoz
the rich bastards should feed the world

"The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2008 and 2009," issued by CBO on July 10, reports that the top 1% of income earners paid 39% of federal individual income taxes in 2009, while earning 13% of the income. That means their share of federal income taxes was three times their share of income.

edit on 3-8-2012 by bjax9er because: link

Well...considering that their per capita income was thirteen times higher per capita than "their fair share"...it would seem like they aren't paying nearly enough...wouldn't it?

...you're not very good at mathematics, are you? Read those figures you provided again and keep reading them until you understand how to set up your story problem correctly. LOL.
edit on 3-8-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting error

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join