It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaires and Billionaires shouldnt pay a penny in taxes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Millionaires and Billionaires shouldnt pay a penny in taxes!

But it looks like they do pay.

The 10% of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70% of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office......

Fact check: The wealthy already pay more taxes
(article from Sep 2011)

Tax increases on the highest 10% would do what exactly ??

Allow more wild spending ??

How would higher taxes create new jobs and / or recover the lost jobs ?

Perhaps by "forcing" more tax deductible investment ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The Tea Act, passed by Parliament on May 10, 1773, would launch the final spark to the revolutionary movement in Boston. The act was not intended to raise revenue in the American colonies, and in fact imposed no new taxes. It was designed to prop up the East India Company which was floundering financially and burdened with eighteen million pounds of unsold tea. This tea was to be shipped directly to the colonies, and sold at a bargain price. The Townshend Duties were still in place, however, and the radical leaders in America found reason to believe that this act was a maneuver to buy popular support for the taxes already in force. The direct sale of tea, via British agents, would also have undercut the business of local merchants.

www.ushistory.org...

Learn current events Obama care levied 20 new taxes, telling people to buy a corporate product, birth control agian another corporate product, to alternative energy all corporate products.

Trying to create another monopoly just like the East India Trading Co.

The new measure was also supposed to win the minds of tea consumers in America by driving down the market price of tea.

The new measure(obamacare,green energy) was also supposed to win the minds of healthcare/treehuggers consumers in America by driving down the market price of those goods..

Really sounds familiar evil corporations but hey give us jobs and make us goods and pay all the taxes so we don't have to do anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Let me guess, you cut the taxes and they create jobs, make a profit and then what? The wealth will just, trickle down?

I don't think so. That's just pandering to the already rich. They're not benevolent, they wouldn't go out of their way for anyone under them.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You don't need to give me the history lesson, I know all about the Boston Tea Party, you didn't.

Now you're going on about Obamacare....why? Irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How would higher taxes create new jobs and / or recover the lost jobs ?

That is just it they feign outrage about outsourcing and support policies of the current administration like raising taxes on private jet owners and yacht owners where the middle class makes those things,services those things, and captians, and crew those things...........all middle class.

Their argument is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Irrelevant?

Consdiering how anti corporate someone is funny how they don't see the modern connections guess corporations are only good when they get on their knees and are "put in their place" and give people everything they want.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
No one should be taxed - in perpetuity - on the income they earn. Not the janitor, ditch digger, or industrialist. All people everywhere have the right to earn income and the right to expect to keep every cent they earned.

So would you also agree that it's wrong for a 'private owner' to take from the workers pay for their profit?

Capitalism is based on exploiting labour. Workers have to produce more than they are paid for, surplus value, that goes to the 'private owner' simply because they are lucky enough to own property. Not to mention then you also pay 'profit' on everything you buy.

Is that not the same as paying a tax to the government? It's money out of your pocket whomever it goes to.

Difference between a worker's wages (exchange value) and the value of goods and services he or she produces (use value). Since use value is (or should be) always higher than the exchange value, workers produce a positive surplus value through their labor. German philosopher-economist Karl Mark (1818-83) used surplus value as a measure of worker exploitation by capitalism.

www.businessdictionary.com...

edit on 8/2/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
shhhhhh... be very quiet. Don't spook the job creators. They are very sensitive people. And they say if they feel like it, very soon they will create more jobs. But dont spook em, or they might hold off for another four years.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

So would you also agree that it's wrong for a 'private owner' to take from the workers pay for their profit?

Let me tell you something. If I start a business and at some point expand that business to the point that I need "workers" to help meet demand, that business is still mine. It was never "public" and "workers" after the fact, claiming to now own my business, is the highest sort of disingenuous horse manure I can think of.

If you don't want your hard earned labor to benefit someone else then take your hard earned labor and start your own damned business.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't like Obamacare. It requires people to PURCHASE private health insurance. Nothing is given for free and they aren't being put on their knees. It's guaranteed service.

Try again.
edit on 2-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

maybe if we didn't have the highest corperate taxes in the world then they wouldn't outsource.
But that is just logical thinking on my part.
I'm part of the 99% and still your deception makes me ill.
Lower corperate taxes and create more jobs. Simple as that...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

One (of many) problems with the Marxist theories is that somebody still takes the "excess".

Marxist governments take some of the "excess".

Companies that "manage" the "excesses" take some.

Government "officials" then take the money.

Some comes directly from the sales (taxes) and some comes as payoffs from outside companies.

This is how they do it in China.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
think of all the jobs that would be created if we didnt ask the job creators to pay any taxes.
we would have so many jobs that the whole nation would be employed.

wages would skyrocket because of all the jobs that the job creators would create that we could actually raise taxes on the middle class and poor because they would have so much money. many people in the middle class and lower class could become job creators themselves because they would also have so much money.

any tax cut for the job creators will simply not be enough. that is just keeping another job from being created.

to save america and the working class and poor we must have jobs. reduce taxes on the job creators to zero and id bet you see 12 million new jobs created in no time. after those jobs are filled more job creators will be created and they will create more jobs and america would be great again.

You are an elf. What does an elf know of human affairs? All I know is the rich always get richer and the poor get poorer.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by ANOK

One (of many) problems with the Marxist theories is that somebody still takes the "excess".

Marxist governments take some of the "excess".

Companies that "manage" the "excesses" take some.

Government "officials" then take the money.

Some comes directly from the sales (taxes) and some comes as payoffs from outside companies.

This is how they do it in China.

we have the same damn government that we have had for the last 20 years?

do you really think anything major has changed in the last 20 years?

putting labels on our government is like putting lipstick on a pig.

did you consider george w to be a fascist? is that the kind of decider you prefer?

nothing has changed in 20 years or longer.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Diisenchanted

I wonder how much total payroll taxes they paid ?

Along with State and Local taxes.

And how much did all the employees pay in taxes ?

Companies are not the same as individuals.

Higher corporate taxes = ?

less jobs ?

less expansion to create more jobs ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by elitegamer23
think of all the jobs that would be created if we didnt ask the job creators to pay any taxes.
we would have so many jobs that the whole nation would be employed.

wages would skyrocket because of all the jobs that the job creators would create that we could actually raise taxes on the middle class and poor because they would have so much money. many people in the middle class and lower class could become job creators themselves because they would also have so much money.

any tax cut for the job creators will simply not be enough. that is just keeping another job from being created.

to save america and the working class and poor we must have jobs. reduce taxes on the job creators to zero and id bet you see 12 million new jobs created in no time. after those jobs are filled more job creators will be created and they will create more jobs and america would be great again.

You are an elf. What does an elf know of human affairs? All I know is the rich always get richer and the poor get poorer.

you are a semi nude barbarian woman what do you know, never mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
No one should be taxed - in perpetuity - on the income they earn. Not the janitor, ditch digger, or industrialist. All people everywhere have the right to earn income and the right to expect to keep every cent they earned.

I agree completely. However corporations are not people and they should be taxed.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

we have the same damn government that we have had for the last 20 years?

do you really think anything major has changed in the last 20 years?

putting labels on our government is like putting lipstick on a pig.

did you consider george w to be a fascist? is that the kind of decider you prefer?

nothing has changed in 20 years or longer.

Wheeeew ......

well OK

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Link is not an elf, he is an Hylian! Get your fact straight, wench! : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join