It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology's "Hole" - alleged torture-camp for high-ranking execs who fell out of favor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Scientology is a dangerous cult. This "prison" should be the final proof of that for anyone questioning the legitimacy of this "faith".

I read a great book by Douglass Preston titled Blasphemy, anyway at the end of the book there is a interview with Preston about where the idea of the book came from. He states the following about L Ron Hubbard

Well, he was a very good science fiction writer and a very bright guy, but two years before he founded Scientology, he told an interviewer, This writing for 10 cents a word is bull. If you really want to make money and have power, you have to start your own religion. And that's what he did and that's what the book is about: a man who starts his own religion.

What a BS religion. I mean he basically states he is going to scam people and he did it. Tom Cruise is an idiot!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It really confuses me how an intelligent person like Will Smith can for this garbage. It's more disappointing than confusing I guess. I could care less about Tom Cruise, but the fresh prince? Where is your mind at? Get out of LA and spend a year in Alaska or someplace.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
The roof looks like it is caving in (first photo, building on left).

I've often wondered why a reporter doesn't infiltrate the ranks, but I hear people turn up dead.

They check out their people better than the mafia and they have deep roots and connections.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
These sick crazzy as#sholes are the proof that freedom can be used for very very evil things , religous freedom should not include this BS . THEY ARE SICK from the top down and whats worse is they have money and lawyers like cockroaches ..UGHHHHHHH NAIL THRU HEAD

Think of all this crap and the governments sparing action under the heading of a "religious organization" and then their treatment of native americans, that use peyote, as a majior concern. Or traditional church tax issues.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
one of their really high ranking people, her first name is debbie went to court and testifiied to the horrific conditions of "the hole" she is not the only one.

horrible cult that will harass and sue the pants off anyone who stands up to them...they have the IRS in their pocket and who know what other high ups......

One thing to consider is that they may be a front organization. As well just think of the personal power pump the churches leaders must get by being able to lead around very talented and famous people by the nose in front of the public. Wicked I tell yea.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
what is the difference between scientology the vatican or any other church who receive money from there loyal followers???

Just a thought.....

Some execute their plans better than others.

Like democracy, we get to choose our dictator..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
To bestow the sacrilege of a religion on such cults demonstrates how steeped in ignorance the world still is.

Religion is a disease of the human mind. We must work to eradicate it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey folks, I volunteer myself.

I will start a paypal account, and get donations.

I will use these to buy my way into the highest echelons of the cult.

I will throw myself out of favor to be sent to this place, and to seaorg.

I will then interview for a large expose with facts, pictures, and other proof.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The possibility of this cult having a secured facility for the containment, and chastisement of its high flying detractors is not as cut and dry stupid as those who refute the idea would have you believe. While such things might be highly illegal, it must be understood that the USA is hardly crime free, and that if one wishes to get away with behavior which is either highly questionable or out right illegal, then one of the best positions to be in, is to set yourself up as a religion.

Ever since the failed raid on Koresh and his followers, and the HUGE death toll which that incident produced, the government of the US has been reluctant to crack down on cultism and fanaticism inside its own borders, with the same iron resolve that it used to show. Since there are also financial benifits to setting up and being recognised as a religious organisation, one can clearly see that indeed, the scientologists are in a perfect position to perfom acts which would normally land a person in jail, and veil those acts beneath a code of silence, which by application of indoctrination, will be very difficult to break.

Of course, the nervous and reluctant approach of the US government toward religious and cult behavior amongst SOME of society there, is not reflected in its treatment of ALL fanaticism. But it appears as if as long as ones cult was born and bred in the USA, that the same violence and brutality that the USA has treated other, foriegn fanatic groups in the past and present is unlikely to be visited upon them. Further to that, they are unlikely to ever be investigated, or prevented from continuing thier utterly reprehensible behavior.

Do not forget that this is all happening in a nation which has a whole TOWN which is basically controlled and populated exclusively by neo nazis, with all the wrong doing and xenophobia that this scenario entails. Surely if the USA had an even and firm handed approach to fanaticism and cultism within its borders, there would be a little less concern when its military smash other cults and religious fanatic groups around the world. Perhaps it is time that the USA started pulling the lumber yard out of its own eyes, before examining the specks in the eyes of other nations?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The person, Cook, was in for only seven weeks? It sounds like there is a way out. I expect those who separate from friends and family and give up personal belongings and then stay in it for a long time may find they have more trouble separating from the group - which seems natural then.

It is most likely this "punishment" is voluntary, or at least is accepted by those members as a necessary step in staying within the group. Some people really like Scientology as I am sure for for others, most even, this type of religion does not suit them at all. I do know several Scientology members that have been involved with them for many decades at least going back to the 1960's, and though one friend is now in his 70's is still cheerfully involved.

Scientology classes are not cheap, most of them. Some top celebrities have the money to spend for it and many of them seem happy with the group, though I don't expect they are subjected to the same ethics routines as the paid staff members are.

A person can opt to buy their classes and go through the various levels as they can afford it, as has my friend. He has family members also in the group at various levels of participation. Some can serve on staff and get their training as part of their staff experience, as I know a couple of his sisters have done. He has "recruited" friends and acquaintances and several of them have become longtime members. Others like myself have taken a couple courses, given "staff" a try, read a number of books, and decide not to proceed. I was not thrilled with my experiences with them but I have found some of their "tech" useful throughout much of my life. My own involvement was for several months back in the early 70's.

Another way to be involved in Scientology is to join their Sea Org which structure is modelled after the military - L Ron Hubbard was former Navy. These people sign a "Billion Year" contract and the groups houses and feeds them while they serve as staff and receive their training. These are the folks that receive the more severe "ethics" pennances, though any member can be directed by their Ethics department to face some sort of consequences, though usually not very severe, extra duty assignments or such.

From all I know those kinds of punishments result from some sort of ethics violations and are voluntary, to which members go along with in order to stay in good with the organization. Otherwise, voluntary or not, there would be criminal penalties if things were too severe, abusive, or violent. An ant-infested building is not unusual for mostly deserted old office spaces. Scientology frequently acquires properties and the members help refurbish and restore them. If nothing else it is difficult to argue that Scientology is not successful. It certainly is not for everyone though. That Billion Year Sea Org contract can be broken, walked away from, but a member wanting to return after having "blown-off" may have to face some consequences and make ammends, perhaps do a lot of painting and cleaning of some old building while living in it in a deteriorated state for awhile.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
People really forgotten this much already? or did they just never know?

www.xenu.net...

Cults

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join