It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just few minutes ago, when I looked outside, I saw 2 stars very close to each other, I was wondering what stars or planets these are, but when I looked closely, they were moving, not very fast but at same speed and same direction. It wasn't airplane, no sound was heard and airplanes have pulsating light, these lights I saw were just slightly flickering. I didn't have good enough camera to photo it, but I made little sketch, arrow shows which direction they were going:

Bigger one had magnitude of mars and smaller was bit less shiny. I saw these flying maybe 2 minutes at smooth speed, then they disappeared.

I have never seen UFO like this one, I seriously don't have any idea what I just saw. There isn't military presence currently near here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When you say disappeared do you mean went out of sight or took off like a bat outta hell?

Could have been satellites. One closer than the other but within the same orbit? They are usually a solid light that moves in a straight line.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

It would help us if we knew:

1. what direction you were facing when you first saw these lights
2. how many degrees above horizon these lights were
2. what time did you first notice these lights, AM? PM?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have only once seen a pair of UFOs - By which I mean Unidentified Flying Objects.
I do not wish to feed you with details but see if your observation concurs with mine

Is their any way you could discern at what sort of altitude they were traveling and what speed

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You probably saw one of these...

www.satobs.org...

Tell me your location altitude and coordinates the time of the sighting and I will tell you what you saw. Or you can do it yourself.

spaceweather.com...
www.heavens-above.com...
www.n2yo.com...

edit on 2-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Welcome to my 'night' world. I see these star-sized objects moving around all the time. But never two at a time though. That must've been fascinating.

I just read your OP quickly so I apologize if it's been stated but, where do you live? Just curious!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Welcome to my 'night' world. I see these star-sized objects moving around all the time.

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

They are called satelites.

Maybe I misunderstood... Do you think all these 'star-sized objects' you're seeing are UFOs?
edit on 2-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You may want to check out - T H I S . T H R E A D - for lots of resources on seeing what is in the skies above you (sats, planets, stars, etc)
Use those sources to first rule out identifiable objects

edit on August 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Welcome to my 'night' world. I see these star-sized objects moving around all the time.

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

They are called satelites.

Maybe I misunderstood... Do you think these 'star-sized objects' are UFOs?
edit on 2-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

Not when they are making 90-degree turns they're not satellites.

Just because I know UFOs are real doesn't make me a moron. I know when something MIGHT be a satellite and when something defies being a satellite.

These objects almost dance around. They are NOT moving in a straight line/orbit.

Good lord. Give me an ounce of credit please.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Do you think all these 'star-sized objects' you're seeing are UFOs?

Of course not. Just the ones that were moving erratically. There was a point a few months ago that I'd see at least one of these darting objects every night for two weeks. Here's my thread

Once you see one of these, it's awe-striking. It's unbelievable and amazing all wrap up together. I am positive what I saw were NOT satellites. I am also not saying they are alien. All I can do is eliminate what it's not. Not pin point what they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Of course not. Just the ones that were moving erratically. There was a point a few months ago that I'd see at least one of these darting objects every night for two weeks. Here's my thread

Ah, I see. I misunderstood you. I apologize, I jumped the gun thinking they were satellites.

Although I agree that these 'erratically moving' lights are NOT satellites, I am extremely skeptical they have anything but mundane explanations

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Although I agree that these 'erratically moving' lights are NOT satellites, I am extremely skeptical they have anything but mundane explanations

Mundane fun-dane.
Just give me one explanation. It doesn't even have to be a good one.

Don't forget: this was every night (that's 14 nights in a row) that I caught this and I just stopped because it started to rain on the 15th night so...I gave up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still up there now darting around.

If this wasn't a "WTF head-scratcher" I never would've started a thread on it. I get beat up enough on another people's stuff I make threads on so..............this is a real occurrence. Mundane or not.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Just give me one explanation.

I would need more information. At this point, nothing convinces me that these lights aren't small aircraft.

Don't forget: this was every night (that's 14 nights in a row) that I caught this and I just stopped because it started to rain on the 15th night so...I gave up.

And not even one night, out of those 14 different nights did you think to get a camera? I remain skeptical at this point.

If this wasn't a "WTF head-scratcher" I never would've started a thread on it.

I get beat up enough on another people's stuff I make threads on

Yes. And there is a reason for that.

Every video of lights in the sky you find you make a thread about and try cause a huge commotion!

There is a reason why you're not taken seriously by some.
edit on 2-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Okay, because it was late, I had only little time making that sketch, now I have pointed their location in Stellarium. I live so north it could not be ISS. You see location in screenshot.

Sky is not very dark yet during this time of year, and there was bright moon in south, not far away from this UFO. Most stars are not yet visible, so location is not 100% accurate, I didn't have compass or anything. There was also huge Noctilucent clouds, filling like 1/4 of sky.

Could be somekind of torches, because they were moving same direction as clouds. But its weird it seemed they moved same speed and had same angle. Smaller object was somewhat fuzzy and bigger twinkled.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Just because I know UFOs are real doesn't make me a moron. I know when something MIGHT be a satellite and when something defies being a satellite.

These objects almost dance around. They are NOT moving in a straight line/orbit.

Good lord. Give me an ounce of credit please.

If you are being probed by an alien while looking at satellites in the night sky then this has been known to cause the Zig zag effect as described.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
These objects moved very slowly, maybe 5 moon diameters during those few minutes, they disappeared after going behind the tree. I tried to find them again, but no success

top topics

join