It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Americans Who Think The U.K Is A Nanny State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Everywhere is a "Heavy traffic area". Every town/city/village has heavy traffic at some point. I live in a rural area and there ARE camera's everywhere. It would be impossible for me to travel even to the shops without being observed by cctv.
I dont know where you are but can you travel to the next town without being observed by cctv? I bet you cant.

lol, Voidhawk, no I couldn't drive to another town without being on cctv and haven't even insinuated that. I'm saying that there aren't cameras in general on our residential streets e.c.t and we can still walk about freely without being flimed except on busy main roads e.c.t

Where I live there are a few council estate and there is literally cameras on every street corner, and they're not even rough areas....I don't know where you live, but enjoy it while it lasts

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

So how can you not call that a nanny state?

For the reasons I explained and I didn't deny that it was nanny free, what I said was it's not at all to the degree that a lot of people believe.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

I live in St Helens in the northwest, it's far from crime free but there aren't cameras on the residential streets or parks, just shops, the middle of the town centre and busy main roads.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Heh, I think I'll edit the title to Americans 'and' Brits who think the U.K is a nanny state.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

I live in St Helens in the northwest

Now if there's a place that needs CCTV on every street corner and a 9pm curfew, it's St Helens.....in fact it could do with a tactical nuke.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
[Now if there's a place that needs CCTV on every street corner and a 9pm curfew, it's St Helens.....in fact it could do with a tactical nuke.

Heh, there you go then, if an area like this doesn't have cameras on every street then things really aren't as bad as people think

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital

[Now if there's a place that needs CCTV on every street corner and a 9pm curfew, it's St Helens.....in fact it could do with a tactical nuke.

Heh, there you go then, if an area like this doesn't have cameras on every street then things really aren't as bad as people think

Haha, I was only kiddin, St helens not that bad really, my brother in law is from there, and we wind him up about it being voted the Uk's most tightest area when it comes too charity.......BTW I live in Warrington, so i've got no right extracting the urine about anyones town.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

St helens not that bad really,

It's in the top 5 most deaths in proportion to population in the UK which sounds bad until you know it's all the older folk dying early due to all those years in the mines that were once abundant here. Warrington's not that bad either though

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
spot on everything in the uk is free if you dont work .free house /free medicine /free money all free you have to love it only libya had it better

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I heard that the uk is the most surveilled (?) Country in europe. But I don't see how that equates to it being a nanny state. I thought a nanny was someone that coddled you and wouldn't let you go out in the rain or stay up late.
If anything, the uk is an evil stepmother state who stops you from doing anything and records everything you do just in case you do anything she doesn't want you to, and I don't blame her because the stuff she's dishing out to us these days we're bound to do something she doesn't want us to. I've already thrown my rattle out of my pram twice today.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

I am an American and do feel the UK is turning into a PC-crazy nanny state. BUT so is the US.

In my opinion it's not necessarily making a holier-than-thou judgment against your country but a sympathetic sadness because many of us feel like we're in the same boat.

I have so much respect for Brits and your culture. It saddens and infuriates me how you are treated by your government sometimes because we are often in the same boat.

I can't speak for everyone though and I'm sure there are those who bash your country out of a sense of superiority. But for me it's out of a sense of understanding.
edit on 8/6/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's not a nanny I'd trust my kids with.
CCTV or not they still haven't caught the knobjockey that attacked my fella a few months ago and left him for dead.
He's wandered into town prancing in front of their cameras acting like a hardman at least three times since. Police couldn't give a toss.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join